As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"What's In Your Wallet?" --CR

13»

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Metroid Prime 3 will be the only non VC game I buy in august(never know what's coming on the VC), I just bought a shit ton of games I need to at least play a bit of before MP3 comes out, because once it does, I will not put it down till it's finished.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I put down my preorders for MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl last night when I picked up Strikers, so I'm happy.

Now I can focus on 360.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nickle wrote: »
    I put down my preorders for MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl last night when I picked up Strikers, so I'm happy.

Now I can focus on 360.

I refuse to preorder at EB/Gamestop anymore. I'm tired of the clerks giving me shit every time I give them money. Either it's them chiding me for not having a preorder or them telling me my taste in games sucks when I buy something used, but I'm just sick of it. With Strikers I finally broke down and went to Best Buy because I knew it would be a quick no-questions-asked experience (even though I don't like to support big-box stores if I can avoid it).

I know of 2 independent game stores, I need to find out if they take preorders. If so, they're getting my money for MP3 immediately.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aqua Dark wrote: »
    Total Annihilation

Hmmm?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »

Now I can focus on 360.

I refuse to preorder at EB/Gamestop anymore. I'm tired of the clerks giving me shit every time I give them money. Either it's them chiding me for not having a preorder or them telling me my taste in games sucks when I buy something used, but I'm just sick of it. With Strikers I finally broke down and went to Best Buy because I knew it would be a quick no-questions-asked experience (even though I don't like to support big-box stores if I can avoid it).

I know of 2 independent game stores, I need to find out if they take preorders. If so, they're getting my money for MP3 immediately.

I can understand that. I'm lucky in that the clerks at the EB I shop at are generally pretty cool. They know that I'm a pretty avid gamer, so I don't get subjected to alot of the hassles I see people complaining about, and they have pretty decent taste in games (read: similar to mine).

They don't even ask me about preorders anymore, so it surprised them when I asked.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    Aqua DarkAqua Dark Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aqua Dark wrote: »
    Total Annihilation

Hmmm?

Its an up comming RTS, supposedly the entire map is going to be destructable (Like company of heroes, but more so).

Aqua Dark on
    There are such things as stupid questions, and you know what they are: so do not ask them!

World of Warcraft IS a drug, if you are playing it seek rehab immediately.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Now I can focus on 360.

oh fuck. I totally forgot about Strikers. Okay, so I'm buying *two* games in August.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm probably going to pick up a DS in the next day or two. I'm looking at Puzzle Quest, Pokemon D or P, and Picross. Of course, I didn't realize Bioshock was coming out so soon.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    h8b1llg8ts wrote: »
    "What's In Your Wallet?" --CR

I'm not asking what is literally in your wallet. I don't want to know about that expired condom you have been holding on to for about a year now or that picture of that girl you tell all your friends you have been dating.

I want to know what the very next game you are going to buy. It can be either coming out today or next month. It can be new or used. What game are you putting money away for or what money is going to be spent next?

For me it's Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the Xbox 360

I hate to quote myself but I lied. After doing the first 360 boot up I spent $25 on 2000 MS Points an purchased Uno, SF II, Geomerty Wars, and TMNT. I didn't even put in any of my other 360 games, I love the new Marketplace.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just picked up Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and I've already pre-purchased Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxies, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and I have Smash Brother Brawl on reserve... and all that from trading in old games and movies I won't play or watch anymore.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moorening wrote: »
    Just picked up Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and I've already pre-purchased Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxies, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and I have Smash Brother Brawl on reserve... and all that from trading in old games and movies I won't play or watch anymore.

What games did you GIVE away?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bioshock, though I paid for that weeks ago.

Next is Stuntman: Ignition. That demo sold me, it sold me hard.

Accualt on