As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WWE 13] Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    A Slenderman story should just be a crazier Undertaker story. People disappear or get kidnapped, he appears to attack people from nowhere, etc.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    That is kind of what I have going on. I have to see what people like about this first episode. If they don't like much, maybe it will get a little crazy. It is Slenderman + stupid stuff. Hopefully that stupid stuff catches on and I can build on what I am doing.

I am sure I have a plot hole or two. Actually, I am positive I do have one. But fuck it. Haha. That will give it charm and something open for a later episode.

I did a test play through since it is just about done (gotta edit a little dialogue, fix music spots, etc). Took me 39 minutes to go through it. Hopefully all this work isn't for nothing and people laugh and have fun. I really want to make another episode or two and try out the branching storylines.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Vince Russo authenticity

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I did it fo da Rock. ;)

edit: I think I just finished creating episode 1 of "Enter the Slender." Gonna play through it to double check grammar and to make sure I am pleased with everything.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Hahaha. I got bored, but it kept me interested enough to finish. I love the shit talking on the graphics.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Giant Bomb just put up their WWE 13 Quick Look.

It is fantastic, and that's regardless of the gameplay.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So since the Diva roster is so awful I've decided I'm gonna make a bunch of ladies to make it not suck so much.

I've been working on characters from other fighting games. Currently in progress: Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 4 Arena and Tina Armstrong from DOA.

If anyone with the PS3 version is interested I can upload them when I'm happy with them.

• Options
    Give it some time. I'm sure...someone might create more women wrestlers and less divas. Your Sara Del Reys, and whatnot.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    When I was creating Slenderman, I couldn't seem to find options for adjusting facial features. Like, nose/ear angles, and crap. Can you not get super in-depth anymore or did I just miss something?

I'm gonna release "Enter the Slender: Episode 1" later tonight. Might make some last minute tweaks and add some quick stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Go to "face" and then "shape"

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok. One final playthrough to see any last minute mistakes and then I am gonna take this sucker and upload to Community Creations. This is 360 only though. Sorry, PS3 users who wanted a terrible Slenderman inspired story. Haha.

edit: Uploaded!

Title: Enter the Slender: Episode 1
    Keywords: "Slender" "Redfield85"

edit: I know it is only 11am the day after I uploaded, but I was still sad to see 0 downloads. Ha.

edit: Just an FYI, in the wrestling thread over at SE++, they said Walmart is having a Black Friday deal of WWE 13 for $25.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yeah, redfield's right, like I said in the wrestling thread, if you wanted to wait to buy this, it and 44 other titles are all going on sale for $25 at Walmart on Black Friday.

So far I'm really liking this game, at least better than 12. It's not full-price good, but I feel it is good. So far I've stuck to Attitude Era mode mainly for nostalgic purposes, and I have yet to delve into the Create features.

• Options
    When I made my story this past weekend, I spent more time with WWE 13 in that weekend than I did total with WWE 12. Ha.

If you guys want, and you get to creating stuff, I'll throw it in the OP and what search terms to look for.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    This game now costs only $50 on Amazon.

• Options
    I think I am going to start work on a Christmas themed story mode creation. Something short to just release in December.

I really need to fix up my recording equipment and post videos of what I make.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    So do any of you dudes have this on PS3?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So do any of you dudes have this on PS3?

I will next week.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I do!

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    So playing the Universe mode now where I finished the Attitude play through, I've basically put 75% or so of the current gent wrestlers on inactive where I couldn't care less about them and use mainly those who came before during the attitude era with a few exceptions like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus. I played one match having Bryan beating Sheamus for the championship, got a nice little achievement for it. Later on I get to another PPV and I played most of the matches, the last match is amazing Daniel Bryan vs Gangrel for the championship. By this point I'm tired and it's late so I decide, eh I'll simulate the match so Bryan can pick up his win and the next day continue.

You see where I'm going with this right?

Yeah, freaking Gangrel won.

Let me repeat that, Gangrel became the champion.

Eventually I had Vader beat him, always liked that guy. It was a one sided massacre.

• Options
    I can't believe you're trying to make it sound like Gangrel being world champ is a bad thing.

• Options
    How does Universe Mode work? I've never touched it. Do you set the cards/rivalries or do you just set up the roster and it does everything on its own and you can jump in to play at any time?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I can see Gangrel being champion, sure. It's not like he wasn't over. He could have been the next Undertaker if he just stopped eating so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz63YgE6dos

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    How does Universe Mode work? I've never touched it. Do you set the cards/rivalries or do you just set up the roster and it does everything on its own and you can jump in to play at any time?

It will generate cards for you but you can change them as much as you want.

It's pretty cool, the only thing I don't like is that you can't set story lines yourself. They just kind of happen when the game wants them to happen.

• Options

It's pretty cool, the only thing I don't like is that you can't set story lines yourself. They just kind of happen when the game wants them to happen.

That sounds amazing. Haha.

Can you use created wrestlers? I might have to make a few guys/download a few guys and sim the shit out of this.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Totally only just figured out there are directional finishers.
    Whoops. Sure wish there was like, a manual or something.

• Options
    Isn't it just "finisher" and "push on the d-pad in any direction-finisher?" And then whatever other positions you can do it from.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options

That sounds amazing. Haha.

Can you use created wrestlers? I might have to make a few guys/download a few guys and sim the shit out of this.

Yeah you can customize the rosters and shows however you want. You can have a different show with a different roster every day of the week if you have enough dudes. I'm currently trying to make a bunch of women so I can have a viable Divas show in mine.

I enjoy Universe for what it is, but I do think it could be better about how it uses feuds/cutscenes.

• Options
    Isn't it just "finisher" and "push on the d-pad in any direction-finisher?" And then whatever other positions you can do it from.

Yes. I didn't know that though. :P

• Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    I can see Gangrel being champion, sure. It's not like he wasn't over. He could have been the next Undertaker if he just stopped eating so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz63YgE6dos

you are smoking crack. Gangrel was a career mid-carder at best. Even at his pinnacle he was far overshadowed by the other stars. next Undertaker??? you really underestimate how huge Taker is and the fan response to him for years. Gangrel never....EEEEEver came close to touching that.

I was honestly surprised Gangrel was even offered as DLC he was such a footnote in the history of the era. I'd probably take the Golddust's gold Cadillac or Edge/Christian Oakley sunglasses before that.

Gangrel = Taker

then
    Test = Hogan
    Bull Buchannan = Savage

just busting your balls... bored here. I'll admit Gangrel was good, but not champion good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »

Yes. I didn't know that though. :P

There's also location specific finishers. For example, a Samoa Joe I downloaded had the usual two directional finishers, but if you got your guy to the turnbuckle, he had the brainbuster finisher as well.

And yeah, the lack of manual is insanely frustrating. There's not even a good tutorial mode like in the years past. I shouldn't have to go online to figure out how to do the catch finishers.

And I'm also on PS3. Maybe the OP can create a list? I haven't jumped online due to being busy and still playing through the attitude mode, but I'm thinking I'm going to create a few wrestlers this weekend.

• Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    So anybody putting together any original tag teams? If so who and what did you name the team?

I'm thinking of putting Tensai and Brodus together as sort of an updated version of the Natural Disasters, but need a good name for them. Japan theme + dinosaur theme guy.... hmmmm some sort of Godzilla theme or giant monster theme? Wish I could put them full Kaiju and put Brodus in a rubber Godzilla suit with his face sticking out the mouth and make Tensai grow out the disgusting back hair again and claim he is King Kong. Call em the Giant Monsters or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    Moody, that is a hilarious idea. I had an idea for a stable of Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler/Big Show, and someone else (an older, verteran wrestler) and was gonna call them "Antiques Rhode Show."

This game is gonna be $25 this Friday on Amazon.

Anyone want to play sometime this week?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Wal-Mart has it for 25 this weekend too.

• Options
    Just want to verify something: Is there no story for created wrestlers? And do they not show up in Universe mode?

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    You can have anyone you want in Universe mode.

But the story mode is strictly Attitude era recreation stuff.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Thanks! Do I have to insert them myself? Or will they ever show up naturally?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    I haven't checked, but I want to say that you can only have X amount of created guys in Universe mode and you hand pick them before starting. I could be 100% wrong.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular

The easiest way is just to add them to the smackdown or raw rosters and then they'll just pop up eventually.

I'm trying to figure out what I actually want to do with my universe mode, I've dropped in all the AE guys, but that makes the roster too big. It seems to be ideal with about 25 guys per show, because then about half the guys actually make it on tv at any given time and you don't have guys just dropping off into oblivion for several months. I guess I could cut the roster down to 50 guys or so, but I hate losing people and the DLC will just push it back up anyway.

• Options

They won't show up by default but you can edit the rosters and shows however you want.