As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looper is the best movie this year, and you need to go see it.

1151617181921»

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Well I have my Halloween costume for next year, now.

go with me

I do a pretty good Tony Stark

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    also I found it very strange when
    JGL decided "yep this kid's gotta die" and he stumbles on him drenched in blood

that's the thing that makes him go "nope I'm not gonna kill this kid"

I don't feel like seeing the blood of your old buddy spilled all over his killer is usually a calming factor, even if it's on a kid

I'm fairly certain that if I ever had a child...

That would be my kid.

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    this movie should have had no farm

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    yer nuts, Chuck

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    but then it would have been like really short

real short

Seriously wrote: »
    but then it would have been like really short

real short

well it could have had other stuff in the place of the farm

I'm not saying that the movie should've ended the scene before the farm, that would have been a very confusing movie

I know!

we know

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I like this poster.

tumblr_mbfoniVzZ21rgzvbqo1_1280.jpg

I like it a lot.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    that is understandable

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The movie went way the fuck off the rails once it shifted focus to the farm

the tk stuff was kinda neat as a background piece of worldbuilding but i did not like it taking center stage as a plot element at all

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It went in an unexpected direction and I can understand why it's divisive but I thought it was fine.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yeah I think the turn at the farm only hurts the imaginary film we were all expecting from previews

but in context of the actual movie, it works rather splendidly and I'm really happy about it

now gimme the DVD people I can devour the movie soundly

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    i don't think it's fair to say that it's an imaginary movie that exists only in previews

that "imaginary movie" is exactly what looper is up until he goes to the farm
    really the basic shape of the plot, the whole terminator-esque thing, is fine to me even if it's a little unoriginal

my problems basically come down to

-i wanted a movie about time travel and the implications of it, and while it was largely that there was a large chunk of it that gets taken up by telekinesis and the implications of THAT

-the kid was a boring shitty character, because creepy genius-intelligence superpowered children have been done before and aren't all that interesting, and in a movie full of interesting characters it sucked to see the whole plot revolve around the only one that i didn't give a shit about

Speed Racer on
  • RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    well, if you put it that way,

did you enjoy the rest of the film before the farm at least

I did!

And I even still sort of enjoyed the farm stuff, and thought the ending was good

I just feel like there was a better movie to pull out of this concept than what was made

• RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    I figure if they took out the TK, I'd still end up with the same film ending except maybe they have to find another way to show that
    this kid was the rainmaker

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Robcham wrote: »
    I figure if they took out the TK, I'd still end up with the same film ending except maybe they have to find another way to show that
    this kid was the rainmaker
    I think it's enough that he's a supergenius

PNk1Ml4.png