As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Closet obsessions) Hello, my name is Double_Faces, and I'm...

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Notre. Dame. Football.

Every football season I secretly believe that the University of Cincinnati will go undefeated and recreate the whole Boise St. scenario.

Just become another Buckeye sheepfan. I like Michigan just to piss off the people in this state.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Cheese wrote: »
    I like:

The Transformers soundtrack (1986). The whoooole thing.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEER!
    Don't be ashamed.

I love the Bill and Ted game for Gameboy. (Has anyone played it? It's awful.)
    I also read Reader's Digest cause it's in the bathroom at my house. And I laugh sometimes at the user-submitted funny anecdotes.

WHEN ALL HELL'S BREAKING LOOSE, YOU'LL BE RIGHT IN THE EYE OF THE STOOORM!

Fucking love that soundtrack. It's like, '80s cheese metal perfection. And hey, hearing Dare to Be Stupid will forever remind me of giant robots cossack dancing.

You know what? Transformers '86 was a hell of a movie.

LibrarianThorne on
  • WerrickWerrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm a 31 year old straight guy.

I own Gilmore Girls seasons 1-6 on DVD.

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    <3s for Tori Amos

But I don't feel guilty about that.

MikeMan on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    I occasionally watch neighbors and Hollyoaks. Two pretty bad soaps.

Noooo!

I like watching Midsomer Murders and made my brother change the channel when it was on. To be honest, he was watching competitive poker.

I switch obsessions. If I'm really heavily into a particular game/book I'll play/read it over and over again.

I like certain names and when I used to work in a store and people would hand me their credit cards, if their name on the card was one I liked I found myself smiling more and giving better service to them.
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    'Somewhere over the rainbow' is one of my favorite songs of all time

Dude, that is nowhere near a guilty pleasure. It's a fucking wonderful song. Don't feel ashamed about that.

This, this is the worst. That song is vile and so is the atrocious musical that accompanies it.

However, Than shouldn't feel guilty about listening to Gilbert and Sullivan.

Janson on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch lawn bowls on TV whenever I get the chance. I'm fascinated by the skill and suspense.

I do not care for regular sports much, except for occasionally catching my undergrad team, but I love to watch nontraditional sports: sumo, lumberjack challenge, world's strongest man, eating competitions, poker, rodeo, curling. . .

skippydumptruck on
  • Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch lawn bowls on TV whenever I get the chance. I'm fascinated by the skill and suspense.

I do not care for regular sports much, except for occasionally catching my undergrad team, but I love to watch nontraditional sports: sumo, lumberjack challenge, world's strongest man, eating competitions, poker, rodeo, curling. . .

You will get your ass kicked doing rodeo, man. That shit is serious.

Double_Faces on
    SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I... I, uh...

Sometimes after a really stressful day, I really like to have a drink, turn out the lights, and listen to Sarah MacLachlan.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

You will get your ass kicked doing rodeo, man. That shit is serious.

Hence why I watch these sports from the safety of my couch!

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2007
    galenblade wrote: »
    I... I, uh...

Sometimes after a really stressful day, I really like to have a drink, turn out the lights, and listen to Sarah MacLachlan.

h5

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When I'm driving alone on road trips I listen to country music.

There was a time in my life where I wanted to be a bull rider.

I could talk about grass/yardcare for hours.

After a few beers I begin to end sentences with "...I tell you what." I also begin to start them with "I reckon..."

But I'm from Texas so none of this counts.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You're sounding like Hank Hill to me. Do you have a back alley where you and your chums congregate to wax poetically on the mysteries of life?

Muse Among Men on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Especially on Mondays, when TNT runs their mini-marathons, I watch Law & Order re-runs like it's my job.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    When I'm driving alone on road trips I listen to country music.

There was a time in my life where I wanted to be a bull rider.

I could talk about grass/yardcare for hours.

After a few beers I begin to end sentences with "...I tell you what." I also begin to start them with "I reckon..."

But I'm from Texas so none of this counts.

Being an actor from Texas, I've been taught how to lose the accent and the colloquialisms that come with the Texas Territory. However, when I get really drunk or really angry, I've been known to say such classics as..

"I guaran-damn-tee that I'll whoop your ass."

"I'll slap the fire (pronounced "fahr") outta you, son."

and who could forget...

"Whoo doggy, make me wanna slap my grandma."

That last one is true. I said that.

But these are not secrets, I am proud of these. And as a Texan, you should be too.

Double_Faces on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I used to masturbate to Angelica Huston as Morticia Adams.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited July 2007
    I used to masturbate to Angelica Huston as Morticia Adams.

I used to masturbate to Veronica from the Archie comics.

Werrick on

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I love the direction the thread's taking. We must have more of this.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Her face says, "I've found my man."

Or "I'm hung over." One or the other.

Why not both?

Hell, I'll happily take both. I've always harbored a secret thought that, every now and then, this amazing talented gorgeous musician remembers that one scrawny long-haired kid who gave her a book and a shirt, and wishes that she had stayed with him....

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Werrick wrote: »
    I'm a 31 year old straight guy.

I own Gilmore Girls seasons 1-6 on DVD.

Big fan of that show, and I'm bummed it's over (though the last season lacked something). I could justify it by the fact that my wife loved the show and she made me start watching.

I still can't believe that Kelly Bishop never even got an Emmy nomination. She was incredible.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • BingoBingo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I listen to "The Gourds" Country & Western version of "Gin & Juice" by Snoop Dogg at least once a day.

Usually around 4pm as I've got my work done.

And loud.

Bingo on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For all you from Australia:

I enjoyed at least a couple seasons of McLeod's Daughters.

MrMister on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MrMister wrote: »

Were they the ones that actually had McLeod's daughters in the show still?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    I used to be a huge Tori fan, but her latest albums have been disappointing. Under the Pink was her best work, and things have been a bit shady since then.

I liked her cover album more than I expected to.

PJ Harvey is my go-to for femme rock.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

Were they the ones that actually had McLeod's daughters in the show still?

Yeah.

After that it was pretty unwatchable.

MrMister on
  • HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am in love with Food Network,Rachael Ray and I love food smelling air fresheners, the fruity kind. Its like eating by breathing.

<3
    rachelrayheadshot.jpg

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I sing Disney movie songs in the shower. We're talking the entire scores of The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast here, and I know all the words. With appropriate character voices and tone.

Well, as well as my voice can handle, anyway.

slurpeepoop on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Horus wrote: »
    I am in love with Food Network,Rachael Ray and I love food smelling air fresheners, the fruity kind. Its like eating by breathing.

<3
    rachelrayheadshot.jpg

I much prefer Alton Brown.

He's so dreamy.

yalborap on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I enjoy Tom Green.

Mgcw on
    edited August 2007

<3
    rachelrayheadshot.jpg

I actually cannot stand her. When she's on I have to change it or else I literally start punching things.

Double_Faces on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

<3
    rachelrayheadshot.jpg

I actually cannot stand her. When she's on I have to change it or else I literally start punching things.
    It's the voice, right? Oh god, her voice!

Gorilla Salad on
  • UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    I much prefer Alton Brown.

He's so dreamy.

No doubt... he's got a great show, too.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited August 2007
    ... I like the show Sex and the City.
    ... I like Linkin Park but I don't mind admitting that to anyone. I like the way they sound. Then again.. I don't really listen to lyrics in music anyway so maybe there's something I'm missing that causes most people to hate it.
    ... There are movies that I find enjoyable that most people will consider horrible and a crime against humanity. I'm just not picky about movies... at all.

I think that's all I have.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Merovingi wrote: »
    There are movies that I find enjoyable that most people will consider horrible and a crime against humanity.

Oh, that reminds me.

612717KXVAL._AA240_.jpg
    SPACE HERPES!!

UndefinedMonkey on
  • The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Magicawe wrote: »
    I enjoy Tom Green.

Tom Green is funny. Was funny, anyways, back when he had a show on Ottawa local TV.

The Cheese on
  • SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have friends in a lot of different age groups/races/genders so i don't think there's anything I keep to myself because nobody will understand. But most people don't know about my passion for Danny Kaye movies. I've seen all the Danny Kaye classics. The Secret Lives of Walter Mitty, The Court Jester, Marry Andrew, Hans Christian Anderson, The Inspector General.

Sliver on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sliver wrote: »
    I have friends in a lot of different age groups/races/genders so i don't think there's anything I keep to myself because nobody will understand. But most people don't know about my passion for Danny Kaye movies. I've seen all the Danny Kaye classics. The Secret Lives of Walter Mitty, The Court Jester, Marry Andrew, Hans Christian Anderson, The Inspector General.
    Hey man, Walter Mitty was good. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited August 2007

You're not alone. I was singing the Cowboy Dan song from Up In Arms in the shower this morning... and the knighthood ceremony in the Court Jester is one of the funniest things ever comitted to film.

UndefinedMonkey on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2007

Yeah Danny Kaye was pretty awesome.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Merovingi wrote: »
    There are movies that I find enjoyable that most people will consider horrible and a crime against humanity.

Oh, that reminds me.

612717KXVAL._AA240_.jpg
    SPACE HERPES!!

Ice Pirates is fantastic. Then again, I think Big Trouble in Little China is one of the most underrated movies ever made, so my opinion may be suspect.

I have a thing for female vocalists...Poe, Tori, Lacuna Coil, kidneythieves, etc.

I may also be the only heterosexual male in the US who owns everything The Cardigans have ever released.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am usually the first guy to say that most (not all!) anime shows are formulaic, cliched and really is just an excuse to lure closet-fetish people to watch them (a discussion for another thread). But I sometimes get drawn in, and when I do, I do it hardcore. The latest of these obsessions is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I have the DVDs, the soundtracks, the drama CDs, and more. Why oh why did I have to watch that show?

I do incredible impressions of voice-acted video game characters. It started with Starcraft, really. As a kid, I suddenly had the bright idea of copying the lines the units spout in that game. Now, I can do perfect impressions of Laharl or Etna from Disgaea, and my friends can't tell the difference. Note that I am an 18 year old boy. Yeah, at first I was embarrassed by it, but when one of my friends found out, they found it surprisingly cool.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg