As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie/Biscuit Brigade - Attack of the Bickie Bandits!

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    The cookie madness has begun.. Salted Caramel Macarons... Pity they're not for the CB XD

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Somebody will have to do a batch of ANZACS...

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • PurpletigerPurpletiger MelbourneRegistered User new member
    zerochosen wrote: »
    Somebody will have to do a batch of ANZACS...

A very, very large batch. Love ANZACs, but never baked them. Trials start this weekend me thinks. :)

• BogmireBogmire Registered User regular
    Woah this sounds great, I would be down with making some cookies! Will sign-ups last until a bit closer to Pax? I think I want to secure a ticket before making all those cookies, at least! Also: Should lamingtons count as cookies? If this is Pax Australia, we're gonna need some lammos to go with those ANZACs.

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes ANZAC Biscuits are i swear, to his holy noodley appendage, that which makes Australia great.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Bogmire wrote: »
    Woah this sounds great, I would be down with making some cookies! Will sign-ups last until a bit closer to Pax?

Cookie Brigade sign-ups are always open :D

You Aussies are going to have to teach me what anzacs and lammingtons are. *runs to google*

HI3789R.png
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    D: no way... Day one will be Aussie food education!!

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    going to need an Aus to English cookie dictionary

fss_overall.png
    800px-Single_ANZAC_biscuit.jpg
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_biscuit

Sooo goood you guys i cant even.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    I will make you all lamingtons, Anzacs and.. Do you guys even say pavlova?! Or damper!? Gosh..

On a completely unrelated note... My bus now smells like sushi... XD

I love ANZAC's so much, it may be a sickness

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    What about Tim Tams?...

I know not home made, but most of the time they are on special and would be nice to mix it up with some Anzacs.

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
    Using Tim Tams as straws for coffee... an Australian tradition :)

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Tim Tams are epic.

So are ANZACs! :D

• djkizzadjkizza Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Camaran wrote: »
    Tim Tams are epic.

Haha. I'd love to see someone make Tim Tams for Pax! :)

• djkizzadjkizza Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    peachykins wrote: »
    Found my geeky cookie cutters! All set :)

Oh.. it's still only October :(

I want geeky cookie cutters! To the internetz!!!!

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    djkizza wrote: »
    Camaran wrote: »
    Tim Tams are epic.

Haha. I'd love to see someone make Tim Tams for Pax! :)

Make?! I'll buy them. I'll make some other cookies

Maybe we can hit up Arnott's for a donation :)

Good luck with that one :P

• DaCrawDaCraw Registered User regular
    It could be done, but we'd probably need to offer something in return. Showing the brand prominently may be enough, but we may need to agree to some form of advertising or product placement.

---
    DaCraw wrote: »
    It could be done, but we'd probably need to offer something in return. Showing the brand prominently may be enough, but we may need to agree to some form of advertising or product placement.

I dont know that the guys from PA would be ok with you organising a corporate sponsor for their event. They take the image of PAX seriously. I'd talk to them first, maybe they'd be into it, everyone loves cookies.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, I wouldn't talk to PA about it, I would talk to the Cookie Brigade people about it. They know the things that are or aren't going to be allowed. At a glance, I would guess that any branding on baked goods would be frowned upon.

edited November 2012
    I'm not suggesting doing it without talking to all relevant parties (in fact, I'd expect it would have to be done through them). You're probably right about the branding issues, though.

I was just considering whether it could even be done in the hypothetical that permission was given. I should probably have made that more clear, sorry.

DaCraw on
    ---
    edited November 2012
    So first I had to google Arnotts'...
    While bakery donations are totally cool (like, seriously cool), I don't think a donation from a huge company is feasible (or wise). If you really want Tim Tams, you can buy a bunch, individually package them, and donate that instead of baking.
    Or you could try making your own.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    So, several positive votes for Crunchi Choco Bacon biscuits :-) It seems honeycomb, chocolate and bacon do go well together.

That sounds.... Interesting :p

edited November 2012
    Well, provided I'm accepted into the brigade, I can borrow my mothers old CWA cookbook and her copy of the PWMU cookbook, both of which have plenty of recipes for Australian biscuits. I'm looking forward to seeing which ones work out best. I remember the Afghans from my childhood quite fondly - think of something not dissimilar to an Anzac, but with corn flakes, cocoa powder and a few other things, thicker and less chewy.

[edit]: Wikipedia seems to think these originated in New Zealand. Who knew?

DaCraw on
    ---
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    That sounds.... Interesting :p

I shall make you taste-test everything before inflicting them on the public mwa ha ha :-)

punzie wrote: »
    So first I had to google Arnotts'...
    While bakery donations are totally cool (like, seriously cool), I don't think a donation from a huge company is feasible (or wise). If you really want Tim Tams, you can buy a bunch, individually package them, and donate that instead of baking.
    Or you could try making your own.

Wow, making your own Tim Tams - that would be dedication! I'd totally be up for donating some if we are short on baked goods (like that is going to happen) :)

Yeah, the brigade makes a *wide* variety of treats, some of which are more complex than the average baker would attempt. Also, many are simple yet amazing. Such is the deliciousness that is the brigade.

DaCraw wrote: »
    Well, provided I'm accepted into the brigade, I can borrow my mothers old CWA cookbook and her copy of the PWMU cookbook, both of which have plenty of recipes for Australian biscuits. I'm looking forward to seeing which ones work out best. I remember the Afghans from my childhood quite fondly - think of something not dissimilar to an Anzac, but with corn flakes, cocoa powder and a few other things, thicker and less chewy.

[edit]: Wikipedia seems to think these originated in New Zealand. Who knew?

No doubt that was edited in by a New Zealander.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    I really want to make macarons, but it's too much effort and they're too fragile :(

But they look so yummy :3

303c6ee8231c11e2890a22000a1fbc9a_7.jpg

Seeee, Seeeeeeeee :3

I promise I will taste test these in return :-)

We have had many incarnations of sweets with bacon. Gamers love bacon /shrug
    Another one that sounds odd but people make often is spicy sweets. I had someone get very excited for a jalapeno chocolate chip cookie.

HI3789R.png
    mmmm chilli and chocolate. If it is good enough for Lindt, it is good enough for me :-)

The super hot combustible lemons were the best things. Someone in Australia should make those. @lexicongrrl made them I think? She should send her recipe to Australia.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The super hot combustible lemons were the best things. Someone in Australia should make those. @lexicongrrl made them I think? She should send her recipe to Australia.

The Combustible Lemons recipe is posted on the Cookies Recipes page of my food blog, here. Just make sure that if you make them, add the cayenne slowly and taste it as you go - cayenne can have wildly differing levels of hotness (kind of like me).

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited November 2012
    For anyone who didn't watch Desert Bus over the weekend, the cookie Brigade donated to their list of amazing auctions. Our 1-year cookie of the month club went for over $700 :D

zerzhul on
    HI3789R.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't watch Desert Bus over the weekend, the cookie Brigade donated to their list of amazing auctions. Our 1-year cookie of the month club went for over $700 :D

That's fantastic! Thanks for putting it together @Punzie!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    I have been tasked with making something tropical. You know, with pawpaw and mango and pineapple.

Then I thought, "pineapple goes with ham on a pizza so what about a pineapple and bacon bikkie"

The requester replied "No pigs"

Now I am stumped...

This discussion has been closed.