As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Room Share - East 2013 Edition

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2013 in PAX East
Do not use this thread for hotel discussion. Also, do not re-post your request over and over.

ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

This is the PAX EAST 2013 ROOM SHARE Thread

It's that time again. If you're looking to share space you have or looking to join in somebody else's space, this is the place to post about it.
zerzhul wrote: »
It appears that a new anti-spam measure is preventing "new" members from editing their posts. For now, if you have an edit to make and cannot do so yourself, please PM me the updates and I shall update your post accordingly.

If you have a hotel room and want to fill space, use this format:

--

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

---

Please reserve this thread for its intended purpose only, and do not make use of increased text sizes to draw attention to your post.
Any posts making use of large text will be infracted.

Additionally, this thread is for room-sharing. This is not the trade-room-space-for-passes thread. Anybody caught trying to trade hotel space for a pass will be infracted and their post will be deleted. The only thing anyone should offer or request as a COST of room sharing is US CURRENCY.

zerzhul on

• Unzipped ZebraUnzipped Zebra Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    edited March 2013
    Need Space

Date Arriving: Probably early on the 22nd, or late on the 21st.
    Date Leaving: 24th
    Spots Needed:Just myself, most likely. ~Maybe~ 2.
    My Gender: Female.
    Your Gender: Doesn't particularly matter.
    Best Contact Method: A PM on here is just fine.

Additional Notes: Will be 22 by then, from Pennsylvania. This'll be my first PAX.

zerzhul on
  • Jeff7Jeff7 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 21st
    Date Leaving: Early, early 25th (like, 6 AM, so 24th for all intents and purposes)
    Spots Needed: Just one.
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Whatever.
    Best Contact Method: PM or cmullarkey7 [at] gmail.com

Additional Notes: 22. Went to PAX East 12, roomshared, met some awesome people throughout. Mostly looking for a place to lay my weary head down at the end of the day/night, and don't mind sleeping anywhere or on the floor if needed.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: March 21st
    Date Leaving: March 22nd
    Spots Needed: 1
    Your Gender: Male
    Best Contact Method: My email jdixon1972@comcast.net (my real name is Pete)

Additional Notes: I'm hoping that I can share a room with someone on Thursday night at the Westin since I couldn't get a reservation for that night (I got Fri. and Sat., though, go figure). I just really don't want to miss the pre-pax dinner, pokecrawl, and the game night at the Westin. I'm a non smoker/drug user/drinker and wouldn't be out past midnight. I hope someone can help, just email me. Thanks!

• Morning MahoganyMorning Mahogany Registered User new member
    Date Arriving: Late 21st or early 22nd.
    Date Leaving: Late 24th or early 25th.
    Spots Needed: 2
    Your Gender: Either (any?)
    Best Contact Method: joe.toth1016@gmail.com would be best.

Additional Comments: This will be my buddy and I's first PAX. We're both going to be 22 by then, and we're flexible. Floor space would work just fine. Really just looking to get the most out of this experience, because I have heard great things about it. Arrival/departure dates will be determined months before PAX, and can be discussed if the above is an issue.

• DeJarnacDeJarnac Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Courtyard Tremont Boston Hotel
    Total Cost: $727 including tax, split between the two of us ($159/night for 4 nights, plus 14.45% tax)
    Date Arriving: Thursday, 3/21
    Date Leaving: Monday, 3/25 (i.e. We will have a room for Sunday night, then check out Monday morning)
    Number of Spots Available: 1, unless you would like to share a twin-sized bed.
    Your Gender: Surprise me!
    Best Contact Method: mheveran at gmail dot com.

Additional Notes/Requests: This room has two beds, presumably both twin-sized. I've never stayed at this hotel before but it's supposed to be less than 2 miles from PAX, according to the convention center, which is good, because I don't think they have parking available.

I will give preference to people who sound interesting and who want the room for the whole weekend.

DeJarnac on
  • aj31907aj31907 You all can call me AJ. Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Mid day 3-21
    Date Leaving:Late Sunday or early Monday
    Spots Needed: 1 or maybe 2
    My Gender:male
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: aj31907@yahoo.com

Additional Notes:
    Looking to split up the price. I don't mind sleeping on the floor. Most of my time will be spent playing SF4AE.

• mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday 3/21
    Date Leaving: Either Sunday night or Monday morning
    Spots Needed: 2 (if anyone has 3 open spots let me know because I have a friend who might need space)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter to us
    Best Contact Method: Either PM here or you can email me at mgriff3456@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Just me and my friend looking for a place to stay. Would love to be able to get into a room at the Westin or the Seaport. We will obviously gladly pitch in on the cost of the room. Also we will gladly sleep on the floor if need be. We really are only gunna be using the room for sleeping at night.

zerzhul on
  • CanadianBac0nzCanadianBac0nz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Updated as of Jan 23rd from Need Space to Have Space, thanks to a kindly soul here on the forums.

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Westin Waterfront (Whoo!)
    Total Cost: ~630 total, divided amongst 2 or 3 folk
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24th
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2. See Additional notes.
    Your Gender: Not super picky, but male is probably preferable.
    Best Contact Method: PM here

I'm a 19 year old male from Canada, and this will be my second PAX, my first as a regular attendee, rather than an exhibitor. I'm going to be attending the convention on all 3 days, and I'll probably be about fairly late most of the time. I plan on attending a couple of the concerts, so that brings me back in the wee hours of the morning.

For the roomies, I mostly just ask that they be generally presentable people, and that there be no alcohol (Unlike my own country, I'm not even legal in America) or other such debauchery in the room itself, although potential boarders can feel free to gallivant about the town partaking in such things as their heart desires, returning at whatever hour they please, so long as they can make their return without causing an absolute cacophony. I'll make the same considerations of late night stealthiness should any guests be an early sleeper.

For the bedding situation, I'll be claiming one of the 2 double beds in the room as my own, as I'm a greedy jerk, while the other is up for grabs by the first successful applicant. Whoever ends up taking a floor spot, I'll lower their share of the price a little bit accordingly.

This is my first time as the host of one of the room shares, so please tell me a little about yourself in your message, so I have something of an idea about which stranger will come knocking on my door.

CanadianBac0nz on
  • gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Westin Waterfront
    Total Cost: It was $635 total, so cost to you will be $300ish (or 200ish if we have a floor dweller)
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24
    Number of Spots Available: 1 extra bed. I could fit in another person if you want to sleep on the floor and are totally rad, I just don't want it turning into the cramped fire hazard it has in past years.
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: a PM on here is fine.

Additional Notes/Requests: Just let me know a little about you in your request. I'm a long time PC / board gamer, and I'm bringing some of my board games with me. Last year we had a lot of fun playing board games after PAX at the hotel. This will be my third PAX and my first going alone. Interests include game design, programming, cryptography, sci-fi/fantasy worlds, and general geekery.
    EDIT:Wow, that was fast! Thanks for everyone's replies, I'm pretty sure I've filled the room now.
    EDIT: Got another spot open due to one person canceling. So there's ONE SPOT open now - and to be clear, we'll only have the room until Sunday morning (which is all they were offering through OnPeak). We're also rotating who gets to use the beds, so you'll spend one night on the floor.

EDIT: Filled again.

gerafin on
  • PokelolPokelol Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Spots Needed: 5-6
    My Gender: Everyones male.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: zoniaolol@gmail.com

Additional Notes: We are bunch of doods that need a room for the weekend, we don't smell bad, we respect others and such. Would be awesome to have a room at the westin, and we will pay/tip good :D:)

• SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:Thursday 3/21
    Date Leaving:Monday 3/25
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender:Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: PM here or email at snipethewolf at gmail.com

Additional Notes: What ever rules you have about the room I shall follow. All I really need a some floor space to rest and practice hygiene. Other then that I am hoping to find someone with room at the Seaport if not the Westin. Woo PAX!

• OmiragOmirag Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:Thursday 3/20
    Date Leaving:Monday 3/25
    Spots Needed:2
    My Gender:Male and Female
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: email me at Omirag.Rokkgrul at gmail.com

Additional notes: We are both cleanly and nice. The girl is the streamer from twitch.tv/ladyeuphei and I am Omirag who talks in the background. Would love a room at the Westin Waterfront and totally okay with floor space.

• anaxareteanaxarete Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: Monday 3/25
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: I don't mind if there's a guy or two, but having at least one other girl in the room would be nice.
    Best Contact Method: PMs here or e-mail at anaxarete28@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm under 21 so I won't be drinking, but I don't mind being around it. I'll be meeting some friends at the con so you don't need to worry about me latching on to your plans like a needy barnacle, but if we do end up hanging out that's always fun! I'm very cleanly and have a sleeping bag so floor space would be fine.

• RikuDawnRikuDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:
    Nope

RikuDawn on
  • WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24
    Your Gender: Whatever...
    Best Contact Method: PMs here or dfrench73@gmail.com

Additional Notes: 39....Friends bailed (Slackers) so now searching for room. Closer to BCEC the better. Will be in BYOC for a good part of the time and since friends bailed, if your in there also will be a plus.

Let me know.

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    full up.

FearlessTeacher on
  • UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 3/21
    Date Leaving:3/25
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender:Don't Care
    Best Contact Method: E-mail :sorbiej@gmail.com

Additional Notes:

I'm clean, fun to hang out with. I'm also a [E] so I won't be around the room too often, but happy to hang out while off shift if you would like. I'd like to be close to the BCEC but I am happy with a room where ever I can get one. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer. Phone number on request.

UNHMAN on
  • Gumbyx84Gumbyx84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday (3/21) afternoon/night
    Date Leaving: Sunday (3/24) afternoon or Monday (3/25) morning
    My Gender: M
    Best Contact Method: Forum PM or email

Additional Notes: I'm 28. I've been told I snore but no one has complained about it when I have said with them at PAX pasts. I lived in Boston for 5 years so I do know the area pretty well. Free tours can be provided. My friend is the second spot and he is 19. This is his first PAX.

Gumbyx84 on
  • 61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Not sure how to do a strike through from phone but we have space now. Please ignore.

NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: 3/20/2012 (a little flexible)
    Date Leaving: 3/25/2012
    My Gender: Male and Female (married couple)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: Email at 68newyorker at gmail dot com or PM

Additional notes:
    We're a married couple 41(m) and 31(f) basically just looking for a place to put our stuff and lay our heads at night. He smokes but never, ever inside. We both snore. We're ok around alcohol although she doesn't drink and he only has an occasional beer. We both enjoy the prolific use of foul language.

61Ranchero on
  • LoveofCountryLoveofCountry Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    NEED SPACE:
    Date Arriving: 3/21/2012
    Date Leaving: 3/24/2012 (flexible)
    My Gender: Male and Female (bf gf)
    Your Gender: Does not matter
    Best Contact Method: email ryanumass at gmail dot com
    Additional Notes:

We're a young couple 21 (f) 27 (m) from MA but want an easier commute for the monster that is pax. We're hygienic, we do like to drink during Cons but never to access, neither of us smoke or snore, and foul language doesn't bother us. Closer to the BCEC the better.

LoveofCountry on
  • digitaldimsumdigitaldimsum Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    done!
    :winky: :winky: :winky:

digitaldimsum on
  • Radioactive_RatRadioactive_Rat Somewhere in NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Boston.
    Total Cost: $114 a person. (squeezing in 6 people in this room)
    Date Arriving: 3/21/13 (should be there sometime in the afternoon, traveling from NJ here...)
    Date Leaving: 3/25/13
    Number of Spots Available: 3
    Best Contact Method: PM me on here or at gothic_blair@hotmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: I'm a 25 yr old gamer girl (I'll be 26 by PAX). I'm not too picky with people. All I ask is to keep the room somewhat clean, that you shower and be respectful of everyone and everyones belongings in the room. If you do decide to contact me, please give me a little info on yourself. This is gonna be my first PAX and I'm very excited for it!
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Radioactive_Rat on
  • burg1nburg1n Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: late 21
    Date Leaving: 24/25 flexible
    My Gender: Male + Female
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Best Contact Method: burg1n@outlook.com

Additional Notes: My girlfriend and I, both 23, will require 1 bed or the floor. We are driving from NW Ohio and this is our first PAX.

• cyanidesun797cyanidesun797 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The room is full!

cyanidesun797 on
  • AchpoquesAchpoques Registered User new member
    edited November 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: March 21
    Date Leaving: March 24/25 flexible
    Your Gender: Don't Care
    Best Contact Method: Achpoques@gmail.com

Additional Notes:
    This is my first PAX and I'll be 23 years old by that time. Looking for a place to stay for just myself that's closer than the current hotel offerings; will gladly pay more for a closer hotel than the ones available. A floor spot is good enough for me. Looking for a clean room to just hang and crash at after all the festivities. E-mail me what you got and how much you're looking for. :) Driving my BRZ from NE Indiana and you can join the road trip along the way as well (for one person).

Achpoques on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: March 21/22
    Date Leaving: March 24/25
    Best Contact Method: (username) @ gmail.com, or PM here.

Additional Notes: If you're passing through southern New Jersey via I-295, or between NJ and Boston, I'm open to carpooling and paying for gas. I have not yet purchased any badges.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    All full!

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Langham Hotel Boston
    Total Cost: $150 / person with 6 people, less with more peeps, etc.
    Date Arriving: Thursday 3-21
    Date Leaving: Monday 3-25
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: 2 males 2 females (all 4 friends), and 2 more males who just signed up!
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter (accepting Wookies and/or Goombas)
    Best Contact Method: PM here

Out of the group of 4, for three of us it'll be our 3rd PAX. For one of the girls it'll be her first one.
    I plan on enforcing if PAX will have me (first time enforcing).

We're a pretty chill group, no crazy drinking. We like board games a lot when not playing video games. Also enjoy anime and I'm well into Starcraft.

Would prefer to share with someone staying Thursday through Monday.

Update:
    We just added 2 more dudes from ye olde forums so there's 6 total right now.
    We're open to the possibility of adding 1 more for cost / world domination reasons.

Please be comfortable with possibly sleeping on the floor and hygiene is a must!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Westin and then Seaport(Sun only)
    Total Cost: $200.00 usd
    Date Arriving: Westin: Thu Mar 21 - Sun Mar 24, 2013 Seaport: Sun Mar 24 - Mon Mar 25, 2013
    Date Leaving: Mon Mar 25, 2013
    Number of Spots Available: 1 Floor spot (possibly a cot if we're lucky)
    Best Contact Method: DM this forum, or email seanm64 at gmail.com

We had to split up the stay between Westin and Seaport for Sunday night. I will consider requests for people not staying Sunday night, but would prefer someone for the entire reservation.

Exodus1 on
  • tozarrtozarr Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: March 21/22
    Date Leaving: March 24/25
    Best Contact Method: jpease2007 (AT) gmail (DOT) com, or PM me here(which conveniently emails my gmail!)

Additional Notes: I just need a place to crash, I'm perfectly happy to take the floor spot, so long as I have an indoor place to sleep.

• BaconGamesBaconGames Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
    Total Cost: $423.26 between 3 guests (doing the math equates to ~$70.50 a night)
    Date Arriving: Friday, March 22
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24
    My Gender: Friend and I both Male and 21
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter to Us
    Best Contact Method: send me an email at --> bacongames76 (at) gmail (dot) com

Additional Notes/Requests: This will be the fourth year of four I will be going to PAX East, second year in a row for my friend. We rented a double at the Hyatt last year and it worked out great but decided to get a triple room this year for cost reasons and maybe meet some cool people. It's a triple room with two double beds but we will happily discuss who sleeps where and don't require you to sleep on the floor or anything.

I know this makes me sound like some sketchy landlord (sorry I don't want it to!) but I'm someone who would rather not have something like another person's promise of payment looming over my head throughout the show. I completely understand if life intervenes but if you don't feel confident that you can produce your share in cash upon arrival then I would have to respectfully decline your offer. I would also request having someone who generally avoids heavy drinking or knows they can come in more than a little sauced back in the room and not disturb others or need assistance. I'm generally someone who avoids drinking and my friend will also keep to a minimum if he drinks at all.

I highly doubt this will happen but I don't want to be put in the position of deciding between refusing your stay or hoping you come through. Instead, let's keep it simple, happy, and have it all taken care of right out the gate so we can enjoy the show! :) Again, sorry for the downer message but I just want to be clear where I'm coming from and don't' want there to be miscommunication when it concerns something we care about a lot.

All set!

zerzhul on
  • Chrozi75Chrozi75 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE - Saturday Night Only

Arriving: March 22 or 23
    Leaving: March 24
    Spots Needed-1
    Your Gender: No Matter
    Best Contact Method: (username) at yahoo dot com

Additional Notes/Requests: Non smoking only please. I am a 37 year old Kevin Smith clone, friendly and funny and just need a place to crash on late Saturday night/Sunday Morning. I might table game into the wee hours of the night so I might not get to the room until 2am or so.
    Sometimes I snore but am usually quiet, I don't care if you snore or stay up while I sleep. I'm clean, groomed, respectful, and courteous. I don't mind drinking and foul language, in fact I may have a few craft IPA's before I come back to the room if anything is open.

A bed is preferred but can make do with a floor for the right price.

Sunday morning I will use the shower and be out back to PAX, leaving from there late evening for home.

• PhatLaosBoiPhatLaosBoi Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE: Saturday Night Only

Date Arriving: March 23
    Date Leaving: March 24
    Spots Needed: 1 (Just me)
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: PM me for email and # upon request

Additional Notes: I am 27. This is my second PAX East event. Will be coming from Providence, RI and just needs a night to rest my head. I am clean, sociable, and very easy to get along with. I do not smoke and prefers to stay with a fellow non-smoker if possible. My friends missed out on the Saturday tickets so I will be going solo on Saturday and meeting up with friends for Sunday. I do not mind drinking and just wants to have a good time while I am there.

• AssassinateMarcAssassinateMarc Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: March 25
    Best Contact Method: boredmarc@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm 25. I can sleep on the floor or whatever, just want someplace to spend the nights. This is my first PAX and I'm excited about going.

AssassinateMarc on
  • metdennmetdenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    HAVE SPACE

Hotel:The Westin Boston Waterfront
    Total Cost: $450 per person for all three nights for 2 more people, cost goes down with more than 2 (so once we get past 4 total), but you get your own keycard (well, 2 more do). Why so high? Because I missed the OnPeak deal, but Expedia had rooms available. Expensive rooms, but worth it, IMO. Can produce Expedia confirmation upon request. Also, we may be able to drop the "extra guest" $180 fee (that is $45 less a person) but then we'd only have 2 keys. Ideal for people wanting to save money and don't mind having to constantly meet up to get in the room.
    Date Arriving: Thursday March 21
    Number of Spots Available: 2-4
    My Gender: Friend and I are both Male. I am a 30 year old lawyer, and my friend is a 27 year old bank manager.
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter to Us. As long as you aren't...Vorcha. Seriously. No Vorcha.
    Best Contact Method: pm me here for now

Additional notes: This is my second PAX. Last year I went, last minute, and shared a bed... yes one bed... with a stranger. BUT that is how awesome a. this hotel is and b. being connected to the exhibition hall is. Not having to worry about travel, missing things, waking up later and still getting in early... It pays for itself. What I have is a double double bed room. One bed is for me, the pleasure of putting all the money down early. The second might go to my friend, but it's up for grabs, especially if a couple, or 2 friends... or 3 friends... want to share. Whatever, I'm a hip 80s guy. No judgment.

The cost is split 4 ways, and I threw in an extra $180 to try and get a rollaway (unlikely) and 4 total keycards, which is convenient. especially for those who want to nap during the down time. Not sure when that is, but hey, I say the same thing to myself. Usually there is a big chair too, which someone slept in last year. He lived in Boston, but paid to sleep in that chair. YES THAT AWESOME.

All in all, I would love a couple or multi-friends so I can give a bed to more than 1 person. My friend is a handsome guy, BTW. He's dating someone, but, well, I'm an 90s guy, so no judgment. I would make the same joke about myself, but then I would be creepy. I'm not, I'm totally a 00s guy. Trust me!

No Vorcha.

metdenn on
  • The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Most likely the 21st
    Date Leaving: Most likely the 25th (see additional notes)
    Spots Needed: Just one
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: PM me here to work out the details

Additional Notes: I'm 21 and this is my first PAX (or convention/expo of any time, WOO!!!). Flexible when it comes to a room and don't mind being a floor dweller if that's what it takes to save some cash. Also flexible on dates which is why I say most likely. I would definitely like to come out the night before and be able to leave the day after, but I live in Massachusetts so if I can find someone coming on different dates, as long as there would at least be a room for Friday and Saturday night, that's perfectly fine with me.

EDIT: I forgot to add this in there, but I've only been to Boston once and it was a long time ago so if I can find someone somewhat familiar with the area around PAX, that would be great!

The_MadHatter_ on
    PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • spice9spice9 Registered User new member
    edited December 2012
    HAVE SPACE (A BED) FOR ONE QUIET, NON-SMOKING PERSON

Hotel:The Westin Boston Waterfront
    Total Cost: $140 for each of 2 nights. Total $280, paid in advance. I'll of course show you our reservation, which I got the second they went on sale. Last year we stayed in a hotel miles away, and the travel back and forth was a drag and expensive. Cabs were like $35 each way, and the Pax buses were infrequent and unreliable. I vowed to get the Westin this year if possible, and did. If you join us you'll get a room key and the room is half yours.
    Date Arriving: Friday, March 22
    Number of Spots Available: 1 bed. We will take one person only, just to save a few bucks. No floor sleepers, etc. Just looking for one quiet person who wants to stay at the Westin. No one else allowed in the room.
    My Gender: I'm a dad taking his son. We can share one bed and you can have the other one.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter. Must be a non-smoker.
    Best Contact Method: PM here to start. I just posted this and hopefully I can figure out the PM system. If not, I'll put an e-mail on this.

We are quiet and friendly and I'm just considering this to save $$, but it's not that important to me.

spice9 on
  • RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 3/21
    Date Leaving: 3/25
    My Gender: Male, Female
    Best Contact Method: Twitter - @RichSoCash or PM on the forum here

Additional Notes:

Going with a female friend of mine. We are looking preferably for a room at the Westin or Seaport because we plan to stay up late with the board gaming that goes on in the lobby. Won't be spending much time in the room so sleeping arrangements are flexible.
    ---

RichSoCash on
  • CtrlAltDftCtrlAltDft Luis Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE

Date Leaving: March 25
    Spots Needed: Two
    My Gender: Male, Male
    Best Contact Method: Email (ctrlaltdft@gmail.com)

Additional Notes: Looking for a room at the Westin. 20 years old, don't drink or smoke. Arriving Thursday night and leaving Monday morning. I like tabletop gaming so I don't mind playing some games during downtime in the hotel or in the Westin lobby.

• denacorcdenacorc Registered User new member
    edited March 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: HILTON BOSTON LOGAN AIRPORT
    Total Cost: $373.10 (i.e. half of the full rate of $746.20)
    Date Arriving: Thu Mar 21
    Date Leaving: Mon Mar 25
    Your Gender: Does not matter
    Best Contact Method: (username) at gmail dot com

Additional Notes/Requests: I am a single female (32 non-smoker) with 2 double beds. I am looking for 1 more non-smoker who will have their own bed. This is a great way for a single person (preference given to another female) to save some money without being in a crowded room.

zerzhul on
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE

Date Leaving: Friday 3/22
    Spots Needed: 4

Additional Notes: Me and my friends have a place to stay Friday and Saturday but we really need a place to stay Thursday night. I realize 4 people is a lot but we really need a place to stay just for the night. We will gladly pay a good amount for the night. A room at the Seaport or Westin would be nice but anywhere really is fine.

This discussion has been closed.