As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Sassori wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    ugh i am really struggling with what to add to my wishlist

most of it is just... books

depressing books, even

I had a similar problem and then I remembered this place called...Etsy. So I ended up adding a bunch of stuff with the magic Amazon button.

Do you have some things you favorited there you might have forgotten about?

I suppose I do

but I guess I am struggling to get excited about making a wishlist

I'd rather just buy other people things maybe

eh it's just a funk, it'll pass

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote: »
    I'm worried I'm putting to much French Pop in my wishlist
    Or maybe not enough

Here's a little help

There's no such thing as "too much French pop"

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote: »
    I'm worried I'm putting to much French Pop in my wishlist
    Or maybe not enough

yo man you like Jacno?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

depressing books, even

I had a similar problem and then I remembered this place called...Etsy. So I ended up adding a bunch of stuff with the magic Amazon button.

I suppose I do

but I guess I am struggling to get excited about making a wishlist

I'd rather just buy other people things maybe

eh it's just a funk, it'll pass

No, Viv! That's a bad Viv! You put so many things on your wishlist right now, young lady!

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    A'ight, here's a quickie post while I try to figure out precisely what I want.

Hello, there, [insert your name here]!

I'm still workin' out a larger list, for now, here's some quick ideas for where to get started.

-
    Shockingly enough, I play video games! I own a 360, and I have Steam for Windows PC. I really don't have any preferences in terms of genre, so if there's a game out there, and you think I'll like it, go for it! I'll list my full library for both platforms at the bottom of this post, just so you know what to avoid. If you'd rather just buy some universally useful products for these platforms, other things that I also have an insatiable hunger for include Xbox Live subscription cards, MS Point Cards, and items from the TF2 store. I also play a lot of League of Legends, so Riot Point Cards are also welcome.

I'm a huge book nerd, and I welcome all opportunities to make my library more robust. I tend to drift more towards sci-fi and modern fantasy, but genre isn't really a make-or-break factor; if a book is good, it will be read and properly respected. As far as specific authors go, Max Brooks, Karen Traviss, Eric Nylund and George R.R. Martin are my notable favorites. I will give you a moment to reflect on how much of a fuckin' nerd I am. Are your reflections complete? Good, because while you were reflecting upon my status, RE: Fuckin' Nerd, I remembered that The Palace Job is something that I've meant to add to my library, but have not had the chance to do so. Opportunity? QUITE POSSIBLY. In terms of stuff like comic books and graphic novels, lately I've been really hooked on Atomic Robo as of late, and I tend to stare wistfully at the full-color version of Scott Pilgrim Vol. 1.

Oh, and webcomics are a thing I like, too. Some webcomics people put out books 'n such. These are things I would like to have. Some of my favorite comics include Awkward Zombie, Whomp!, Gunshow, Hark! A Vagrant, Octopus Pie, MSPA and Kiwi Blitz. Odds are I'll think of more later, so keep an eye on this section, just in case. Oh, and don't worry about stuff from Penny Arcade, PvP, and Chainsawsuit/Starslip. Usually I just clear out the archives on all of those at PAX so I can get 'em signed at the show by Mike/Jerry/Kurtz/Straub.

I'm a pretty casual tabletop gamer as well, so WotC products - specifically, WotC products related to D&D - will always be welcome in my home. If you wouldn't mind sending some minis or dice sets my way, I'd appreciate it! In terms of more self-contained games (I.E.: Munchkin, Cosmic Encounters, Pandemic, etcetera), any game that's fun to play will end up seeing use at some point, since I always like to drag some games down to my local tabletop store, or to forumer meetups in the area. Oh, and if you can get your hands on them, the expansions to Cards Against Humanity would be pretty cool to have; they're also super cheap (about $10 a pop, I think?), so there's something else to consider.

As far as arts and crafts go, if you are a person who does any sort of arts and/or crafts, I would love to get some of your stuff. If not, trust me, there are plenty of people I'd like for you to talk to. Sheri does some awesome crochet work, so if you could get her to do a dice bag for me, that would be great. I also follow a whole buttload of artists on Tumblr/DeviantArt, some of whom are doing commission work right now, and since I have an insatiable appetite for good arts, commissions from these people would be awesome to have. I'm gonna trawl through all of their blogs and try to find a couple of people to send you to, so for now, just keep an eye on this.

360 Library:
    Blur, Call of Duty: Black Ops 1/MW2/MW3, Dead Rising, Dead Space 1/2, Forza 2, Gears of War 1/2/3, GTAIV, Guitar Hero II, Halo:CE/2/3/Reach/4, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 1/2, Rock Band 2, Prince of Persia, Soulcalibur IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Mass Effect 2/3.

Steam Library:
    Borderlands 2, Breath of Death VII, Binding of Isaac, Penny Arcade Adventures 3, Cthulu Saves The World, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, TF2.
    -

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to be more specific about some of this stuff; I'll try to nail down any and all uncertainties by the end of this week, just so that I don't keep you in the dark for an extended period of time. I hope that's enough for you to get started, and if not, feel free to send me a PM via proxy/alt account.

Oh, and before I forget to mention it, thanks for your generosity, and for putting up with my more annoying traits where gift giving is concerned.

I guarantee you, it is greatly appreciated.

<3

RMED.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Attention person,

Here's my Amazon wishlist, which should give a decent idea of what I'm into

Don't worry too much about getting me video games, I can usually grab what I want when it hits shelves. The only series I missed out on is Phoenix Wright past the first one and the Layton games, but the ship has sailed on reasonable prices for those two series and I don't expect anyone to spend 50+ dollars on a DS game.

Aside from what's on my wishlist, I don't need much in the way of comics right now.

I'm still working on a bluray collection (only have westerns at the moment), if you've got any ideas for movies that translate well into that format I'm all ears (no Speed Racer though). I've been looking into Herzog as of late (still bummed I missed out on Cave of Forgotten Dreams in theaters), along with Jackie Chan's earlier films. Modest Mouse, Wye Oak, and Fleet Foxes are what I've been listening to lately, and while I already have what I want from them if you can think of anything along those lines that I'd enjoy feel free to toss it my way.

I am a big toy soldier nerd, and right now I am working on getting my Dark Angels out of mothballs after a several year break, so I could use anything for them excepting Ravenwing (got way too many bikes and speeders) and special characters (have them all already). I'm not just a 40k player, I collect all sorts of stuff so if you see something that looks neat send it my way! (do not send me Kingdom Death stuff (NSFW if you wanna google it for some reason))

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Dear Satan,
    I am male.

I am 6'4".

I live in California.

I usually wear a large shirt size and 34" by 34-36" pants. I do not really like shirts with sayings or pictures on them unless they're gym shirts, which I already have a lot of.

My amazon wishlist is here: http://amzn.com/w/19CJTOKZD9DZB

There's a collection of video games, computer hardware, clothing, etc on there. Just guidelines, though I'd love any of that stuff. I don't particularly play games on consoles anymore, just a hassle with the tv in my main room and a roommate.

I love to read. I'd love to learn to draw. I love to learn. Languages are a bit of an interest of mine (except Spanish, Italian and French) as are religions and history.

I like to bike, climb, play tennis, take photos, hike and do other outdoorsy stuff. Got something you know fits one of those things well? Great!

And of course, any gift is awesome. If you really want to get me a set of exotic something or others because you know it's awesome, that would be great. Yes, even NSFW things.

I guess if you need assistance in what to get me, you could try Sassori, Neville or Lexxy. Though I don't know how helpful they would end up being.

Nothing. Matters.
  • FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hello, sweet Satan!

Most of the stuff that I straight up desire has been added to my Amazon wishlist, but I am always open to any new and interesting STUFF. My favourite things from previous Satans have been books related to/featuring webcomics, if you are looking for a general direction to explore in. The new Nedroid book, for example, would fit in VERY nicely on my bookshelf. As would the first Three Word Phrase collection.

I mainly read fantasy/sci-fi novels, but I'm horribly particular and have read a whole bunch over years and years. So maybe get a third party to check if I've read something first, if you wanna play me that way!

Games-wise I mostly stick to PC, because consoles always seem a LITTLE too expensive to justify. My steam wishlist is here, but I'm always open to trying new games (if there is something you think I simply must play)! I've added a couple of consoles to my wishlist though, just in case you're particularly flush with cash.

My day to day uniform is a tee + jeans, so I always love a new tee to add to the rotation. I buy design-y ones according to my own (horrendously exacting) standards, but any subtle/weird funny tees (i.e. something from Topatoco, maybe?) would go down a treat. I wear a men's large!

If you make art/crafts, I LOVE ARTS/CRAFTS. If you would like to buy art/crafts for me, I LOVE ARTS/CRAFTS. Larger art prints in particular would be awesome, as my walls are looking rather bare at the moment.

Food is great. Any food. I like food.

Thank you for reading. 'Kay, bye.

Fletcher on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Vivixenne I always have that problem. What I am trying to do to solve it is, every time I am out and about and think longingly of buying ~~~~, I make a note and come home and search for it on the internet to add to my wishlist. When I'm just sitting at home the only things I ever think of wanting are books. But then when I'm out shopping or travelling I'm always reluctantly replacing items due to cost/being non-essentials.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've officially entered the, it's close to Christmas I'm not buying anything for me mode.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So then I buy food instead.

And then complain that I gain weight.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Blake, if you have an excess of money that you desperately need to spend on something that isn't food I'm right here.

8->

Fyndir, don't lie, you're delicious. .

B-blake san... :oops:

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    So do people get paired up for this, like you buy for someone and they buy for you. Or do you buy for someone and they buy for someone else and someone else buys for you, kind of like a circle jerk but with presents instead of handjobs?

It's like lots of circle jerks.

Though last year me and Sandra were just a two person circle.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I think what you meant is

THE BEST CIRCLE

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    It's like lots of circle jerks.

Though last year me and Sandra were just a two person circle.

<\3 :c

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Viv you were like the thing that is between the hands that are making the circle

The palm sweat?

The uhh

The ghost at the seance that was the completed chain?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Vivienne left the room when she read than Sandra.

:( Come back Viv I love you

RUVCwyu.jpg
    I'm pretty sure she thinks you put the jerk in circle jerk at the moment Sandra.

OKAY WAIT NO I GOT IT

Viv you were the Marion Ravenwood to Blake's Indiana Jones helping get the Ark of the Covenant for Marcus Brody only in our version the FBI didn't steal it in the end?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    I am a jerk but virtually never on purpose :(

My version of the world is more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyXDuI9p5U

than a Rammstein music video so I am bad at picking up when I may be implying that someone is not holding hands but dicks

That was not my intention

For once

RUVCwyu.jpg
    I am trying to apologize but I possibly should have just stuck with sorry

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    No, keep going.

smof wrote: »
    No, keep going, I'm almost there...

FTFY :^:

It's true. People apologising is what gets me off. That's how I got banned from Canada.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Aphostile

I'm honored that you think I *might* be able to help someone. Maybe.

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Damn you @Lost Salient, I thought the description of the second would tip you off just as my satan letter two years ago did. BOOOOO.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    I just thought someone was spelling badly to be funny!

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box you know!

<3 It is the nicest of you ever, it is already on my kindle and I'm sooo excited to read it, you don't even know! I found a bunch of good reviews of it and I wanted to read about dinosaurs but most books about dinosaurs are uhh

you know

written for five year olds.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    yeaq i don't have the mony i feel is needed to do it properly this year.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I have the hotline Miami soundtrack stuck in my head

I dunno if that's a good thing

I'm excited for that list to be updated even if the match-ups don't go out for a while.

I just want to see who I could possibly get paired up with. I bet there were a million last minute submissions that they have to sort through.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am quite excited for this as well.

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    I just thought someone was spelling badly to be funny!

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box you know!

<3 It is the nicest of you ever, it is already on my kindle and I'm sooo excited to read it, you don't even know! I found a bunch of good reviews of it and I wanted to read about dinosaurs but most books about dinosaurs are uhh

you know

written for five year olds.
    good to hear :) and glad you liked Up the Down Volcano!! woo books!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Dear Satan,
    Hello! I am sorry that I am a horrible procrastinator. I am actually ludicrously excited about this because it is my first year; I have just been ridiculously busy this week finding a new place to live! I'm really pretty hyped about having no roommates for the first time in over five years; however if you can think of a thing that you might need to run a proper household, we probably need it. Especially cookie sheets! God knows there can never be enough cookie sheets. This also means I will have a new shipping address! You can ask someone to get it from me after this Thursday. You can still use the old address as it is my grandma's house; this would just make it infinitely easier to pick up.

In less practical terms, I do have an amazon wishlist that ranges from the ubercheap to the absurd. I have tried to keep it updated but I do know my boyfriend doesn't internet well and bought some items off of it that he didn't mark as purchased, so if you'd like to be really careful don't buy anything that was added before all the socks, which is tragic because I'd really like those board games that are on there - I'm definitely down for any board games that aren't on there that you especially like, though! I do already own Cards Against Humanity, Munchkin, Kittens in a Blender, and Nuts. I also have a baf wishlist for jewelery!

If you are a more creative type who would like to make things, I would absolutely love some kind of apron in a really neat or adorable print or pattern. Or handmade socks or hats! One thing to keep in mind though is that I am a fatty fat fat so socks need to fit a 16" calf and aprons need to fit a a 42/44 inch waist and a 50+" bust. I'm also into neat arty graphic tees and highly against tees with text on them, and find it easier to buy a guys xl/2x than to try to find a lady-size shirt that fits me properly. Having just moved into a new apartment I could also use wall art if you are an arty type! I recently kickstarted Cucumber Quest and the Amanda Lafrenais (nsfw) projects if you are curious what kind of comic art I like enough to spam my facebook wall with. Also as you can tell from the haircolors on my list, I'm very into bright colorful things and that does extend to clothing and art.

I do have a kindle which I love to death but I still don't read as often as I should! I do have a goodreads but it is hardly comprehensive. It is a very basic kindle though so I only read text books on it - comics and cookbooks I still collect in print editions. I do have a few print editions of books I truly love like Phantom Tollbooth, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Franny and Zooey, Nine Stories, the His Dark Materials series, other stuff I can't remember because it's still packed.

I also love food of all shapes and sizes! If you have any leftover or test run christmas goodies around feel free to include those as well. No allergies here but coconut is a least favorite food unless it is on a lamington.

Also if you have any favorite used books or games (for PS3, Xbox 360, or a regular DS) that you think I would also love those are more than welcome! The only thing I don't like is RTS games really, but if you have one you think will convert me feel free to send it along. Also if you need a third party go-between to ask me questions, @chaosisorder is an excellent choice!

cabsy on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

depressing books, even

My wishlist is actually just my etsy favorites list

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    My only concern is that I will spend too much time stalking and deciding on what to send out. Gift giving is so much fun but I'm so gorram indecisive.

Sheri wrote: »

depressing books, even

My wishlist is actually just my etsy favorites list

Yeah I went a little nuts after I remembered that I could use the Amazon button on Etsy because I haven't let myself purchase anything from there in forever.

This discussion has been closed.