As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great and Wonderful PAX SECRET BOBCAT GIFT EXCHANGE 2012 Edition EXTENDED TO NOV 18th

• Options
    DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Dear Fed Ex guy,

I like stuff. Pretty much anything, like D&D Dice, maybe Zombie Dice, I like games on Steam so I can play on my computer. I know you're not going to deliver me a computer but CS:GO The Walking Dead, Day Z,sound like diseases I might like to catch. I also like dinner, so, if you are local, why not take me out for a night on the town? I don't drink so I am generally considered a cheap date. I am not single so don't think I am putting out. What is this OKC? Anyway....thanks for thinking of me.

Dangeresquetoo

Dangeresquetoo on
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    Dear oh magical conch,

I know I haven't been as active here as I should though the magical gift giving that brings light in the sad world that we live brings me hope and joy. I have my tickets to PAX East this year and a room at the Westin! w00t!

As much as I love giving, it's always nice to receive (mostly to confuse my parents and sister with why I receive random gifts in the mail and they don't lol). I'm a pretty simple person who loves computer gadgets and such. I'm pretty set on video games at the moment (if you feel ridiculous you can get me the 3DS XL haha jk!). I'm into a majority of the cult fandoms like My Little Pony, Doctor Who, Firefly, Doctor Horrible, etc. I'm also into vintage things right now (I promise, I'm not a hipster!! LOL). I'm obsessed with Mass Effect, it's my favorite game series despite the poorly executed ending. (Femshep forever!) Also, I'm a Hufflepuff in Pottermore...I enjoy showing off my Hufflepuff pride lol.

In all, I'll be happy with anything. Tis the season to be giving! <3 Love ya'll! <3

Nikki / Squid

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Folks, unless you have already received permission, via the instructions in the OP, to participate with less than the cutoff number of posts, DO NOT post as if you are participating.

read the directions carefully

• Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    To The Most Honourable Lord Saint Nicholas of the Frozen North, KG GCMG OBE CH

Be it known, that on this thirteenth day of November, in the year of Cthulhu two-thousand and twelve, your subject, Yoshamano, petitions his Lordship for gifts of many during this time of gluttonous consumerism.

Be it also known that your subject, Yoshamano, enjoys science fiction entertainment in book and video forms. Failing those things, there is also an Amazon Wishlist which can be pilfered for gifts aplenty.

Your subject looks forward to the carnage and destruction this season's consumerism promises to bring us.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Yours truly,
    Yoshamano

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    mynameaintyaomynameaintyao Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    To the One True Tube in the sky and the diminuitive one who has granted me this most humble privilege, I cast my penny into the well and hope for something of the following:

* a PC game from Steam of the FPS, RPG, or online variety (co-op multiplayer is my favorite, PvP multiplayer a close 2nd)
    * old school comic book graphic novels (pre New 52)
    * a bright orange T-shirt

Peace, he who shall not be named Yao.

mynameaintyao on
  • Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    Dear Magic Tube Man

Despite the naysayers, my faith in you has been strong over the years. You've watched us and comforted us. You've blessed us with miracles from your magic tube, touching us in ways we never could imagine.

That being said, I am but a humble person. My requests are simple

Books: I've gotten back into reading, starting with Neal Stephenson. I already have the Bible of Awesome, also known as the book known as Snow Crash. I recently picked up Anathema, while intimidating, I believe I can get through this. I do enjoy science fiction/cyberpunk for the most part. Fantasy is also good and would maybe indulge into some urban fantasy if doable. I have most of William Gibson's works, so avoid those for fear of duplication.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this addition will grow, so I have thought about getting a Kindle, however as this is a bit of a pricey thing, I don't know if my hobby/addiction will get that large that fast..

Socks. Oh god. Socks. I've taken a fancy to toe socks recently. My god, they are amazing and super fabulous. Amazon has a good selection of such ankle-length beauties. As does sock dreams. My foot size is Medium.

I also have a confession. I fucked up at PAX Prime this year and was not able to obtain a copy of Cards Against Humanity. If this could be rectified, you will forever have a special place in my heart.

Happy Tubing!

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    THIS POST IS ON BEHALF OF MOE FWACKY. WHO IS LAZY.

Dear Cardboard Tube,

I love bobcats, please send me something strange and wonderful this holiday season! ANYTHING STRANGE WILL DO.

Love and Kisses,

Moesef

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Dear giver of gifts and presenter of presents, please send me stuff.
    I usually use this time of year to stock up on fun stuff: DVD's, books, games, etc. But maybe this year I would like something more practical? I'm trying to cook more, but my expertise is lacking. Some cooking gear might be helpful: an apron, one of those external oven thermometer thingies (because I swear my oven is lying to me), or a book to help me know wtf I'm doing would be nice.
    If you do prefer to buy me fun things (and who doesn't?), I love Batman, Legend of Zelda, Archer, and Venture Brothers. I enjoy real, physical books, and have an amazon wishlist which I think is up to date.

PS - gifter, please include a note telling me it's from this exchange. I'm participating in more than one gift exchange this year and don't want to get them confused.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    one more day til the deadline! sooo excited to get my giftee!!! will we be assigned them this weekend? i'm hoping to start some crafty projects asap!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Hail Mighty Cardboard Tube In The Sky,

Praise and glory to you in the highest, blessed Tube who sees all, whom the blessed Bobcats are your divine messengers and scourge against the blasphemers. I am but a mere initiate in your Mysteries, so take mercy on this one as I present my pitiful plea for succor of my weakness for material satiation. I will strive mightily to overcome this character flaw in the coming year but for now I most suffer with the consequences.

My unreasonable tastes are these. I have a fondness for gaming whether they come in board or card form. Whether they are cooperative or not, I could never refuse. Likewise jigsaw puzzles are a huge vice, the more pieces the better, to distract me thoroughly. Aside from my gaming needs I also have a taste for books in the science fiction and fantasy genre as well as cookbooks [Books from other genres are also welcome, I'm not picky]. All are welcome on my shelf.

However, if in your wisdom you should grant me odder gifts of gadgets or doodads of any kind they would not be amiss. Likewise my weakness for satisfaction have left me unable to adapt to the cold winter so hats, scarves, or gloves would be appreciated. If it would amuse you, snacks or even a plush icon of your messengers will not be rejected. Whatever you decide I hope you do not send me expensive goods as I am unworthy of them.

Your unworthy initiate,

Kirindal
    P.S. As for particular fandoms as long as it falls under either science-fiction or fantasy I'm on it like a fly on honey.

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hello Tube Man,

I always have a hard time with these things, that is why I put it off until the last day.

Anyways, I suppose I will start my copy and pasting my twitter bio: "Software Developer. Northeastern University Student. Sports Fan. Gamer."

Basically that means I enjoy pretty much anything technology/geek related. I like Doctor Who, Star Wars, Firefly, etc. I love my university, and am always happy to have things that show it. I go to all of our school's hockey and basketball games, and play an active role in running our student sections. I also love games. All kinds of games really, but I tend to have more fun with games that have a social aspect to them. This is why I love board games and coop games.

I suppose it's worth noting that I wear a medium shirt size.

I also started putting together an Amazon wishlist, and I will do my best to update it and this post in a couple days to make them more helpful. You could also ask people in irc, they might know what I like.

http://amzn.com/w/1Z0EC654X8VIU

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    Greetings, o Great and Powerful Tube!

What I want most of all is a job that is both challenging and fun while working with cool people (that also pays a lot of money).
    Until that magical time, please help to distract me by sending me something fun to play with.

I like science fiction and and fantasy books, TV shows and movies.
    Favorite authors: Neil Gaiman, Lois McMaster Bujold, Laurie R. King

Some basic random things that I like:
    Doctor Who (Tom Baker, David Tennant). Art Deco, including old science fiction illustrations. Myst games. Japanese RPGs. Hayao Miyazaki; Studio Ghibli. Pixar movies.

I like crafts such as origami, knitting and cross-stitching. Any paper crafts, really. In fact, some new type of craft thing or kit would be pretty awesome!
    I like to paint and draw but haven't done much of either and would love to learn.

I'm in the midst of editing my Thinkgeek and Amazon wish lists but here are the links in the meantime:

Amazon Wish List: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/2MHSAVFA11DYN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_ws_4cLVob07QHEDM_wb
    Thinkgeek Wish List: http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81cf680b2&icpg=wishlist

(I often use my Amazon wish list to keep track of cool things that are way out of my price range - just ignore those!)

I hope this will help,

Mystral721 (aka Luneowl)

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    Btw I am extending the deadline to tomorrow.

• Options
    Wait, you can write a letter for someone else @smalllady? Because Gigabrain is right next to me and says he just doesn't want to write the letter.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    Wait, you can write a letter for someone else @smalllady? Because Gigabrain is right next to me and says he just doesn't want to write the letter.

You're really not supposed to, Moe isn't really lazy he's just *ultra* busy right now. Just tell giga to stop being a lazy butt. We're going to make moe do his own.

• Options
    Moe is indeed a special exception.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    PS - gifter, please include a note telling me it's from this exchange. I'm participating in more than one gift exchange this year and don't want to get them confused.

Oh, good idea. Borrowing this so credit is given where its due :)

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Moe is indeed special.

• Options
    Ok, emails have been sent!!!

Let the bobcatting begin!

rawr

• Options
    It begins!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Robot Santa, please engage holiday cheer peacekeeper mode.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Setting force level to 'low'.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    If I did not receive an email yet should I be worried?

• Options
    pureval wrote: »

Did you check your spam?

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    pureval wrote: »

Did you check your spam?

Yes, first thing. Not there.

• Options
    Thank you randomizer who pairs gifters and giftees. I am super happy with the giftee I was given :D

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    I was super excited with the person I was assigned. It was very easy to find them some awesome gifts. Now I just wait til they all show up here and send them off. Wee!!

• Options
    Aaand my Bobcat has been shopped and shipped for. I hope they like it!

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    My person had a nice description and a wish list, which made my life easier. I will utilize this wish list feature next year... Now I feel bad for whoever got me since I didn't make one.. Sorry! :)

vttym on
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    My giftee is going to get a box of awesome.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    Dear Bobcat Wrangler,

Late to the party as usual. I love - Guild Wars 2 things, stories, football, sports stuff, and Pinkie Pie.

I will be happy with anything you give me as long as I get a nice card or letter or something. Those are my favorite parts :D

- juju

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My bobcat gift recipient will LOVE what I am going to give.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »

You're really not supposed to, Moe isn't really lazy he's just *ultra* busy right now. Just tell giga to stop being a lazy butt. We're going to make moe do his own.

Ultra busy might be an understatement. But I've managed to squeeze some time in when I should be doing other things, so here goes.

Dear Cardboard Bobcat,

Sup. I've been pretty terrible this year. My job responsibilities have ramped up and my attention has been drawn away from the wonderful PAX forum. But here we are again, about to celebrate [generic winter-themed, gift-giving holiday] with Bobcats shipped UPS. I like things and stuff that are cool. I am also in need of more nerf darts to shoot at my co-workers and slippers so I don't have to wear shoes at work (also because I'm an old man). A full list of stuff I can be found here, though don't feel obligated to follow the list exactly. Okay, back to doing secret, important things again. See y'all laters, yo.

-Moe

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Oh, one more thing, I almost forgot.

Robot Santa, report in.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We are Legion.

• Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    GIFT GET:
    secretsanta.jpg

Yay for Total War... Also apparently there is a Ticket to Ride video game? Neat.

Thank you SmallSanta!

parabola on
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I feel bad because I couldn't get anything awesome for my giftee.
    So I got something that I hope they enjoy, and I know I enjoy the message behind it.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I did not receive an email either, and did check my spam folder. Did I do something wrong? I see my post on page 1 and I remember filling out the form (after I posted!)

faerielaurelyn on
    No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • Options
    Alright guys,

I honestly wasn't expecting so many snafus with both the google form and the mail merge.

Next year I'll keep a running list of the good submissions so people know in advance of emails going out.

I'm sorry if you didn't make it in this year because you didn't know your info was not submitted to the google form. I honestly do want as many people to participate as possible, I just can no longer spend the time manually imputing people's information from PMs.

Ultimately, these mistakes are my fault and I'm sorry.

However, I promise to learn from them.

• Options
    SmallLady I just wanted to thank you for the work you do running this. I run a small Secret Santa with my department at work and it is a massive headache. I can only imagine what you go through.