As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    ugh i am really struggling with what to add to my wishlist

most of it is just... books

depressing books, even

I had a similar problem and then I remembered this place called...Etsy. So I ended up adding a bunch of stuff with the magic Amazon button.

Do you have some things you favorited there you might have forgotten about?

My wishlist is actually just my etsy favorites list

Yeah I went a little nuts after I remembered that I could use the Amazon button on Etsy because I haven't let myself purchase anything from there in forever.

Did you know they have Etsy gift cards now?!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's terrifying for my wallet

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    We have a number of special requests from a number of geese on people they do/do not wish to send.
    Because @Usagi and I are nice, we are attempting to accomodate them.

The matches will go out later this week.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yay!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Man you guys are way too nice.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    We could DO that?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Man.

It was me, wasn't it?

No one wanted me.

Sassori on
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    A five-way knife fight is scheduled to clear up who gets to be Sassori's satan.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    For me it kind of defies the point of the whole random person gifting thing.

If I wanted to send presents to a specific forumer I'd just ask for their address!

(I don't want to send presents to anyone.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I thought the whole point was to be an awesome person and come up with a rad gift no matter who you're assigned.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I can understand not wanting to send gifts to a person you regularly butt heads with.

For me it kind of defies the point of the whole random person gifting thing.

If I wanted to send presents to a specific forumer I'd just ask for their address!

(I don't want to send presents to anyone.)

If you don't want to send anyone presents you signed up for the wrong thing!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think that would be a great way to fix a burnt bridge. Or just poop in a box

Butting heads is how I show affection.

C'mere. Let me smack my forehead against yours SE++

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I can understand not wanting to send gifts to a person you regularly butt heads with.

You'd think in the spirit of Christmas they could set aside the whine.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm amazed that, in the one forum event where you're supposed to be nice to people, people still choose to be rude and say they don't want to be nice to (so and so) so please don't make us send (so and so) a gift wahhhhhhhhhhh

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    It was probably me

"I don't want to send Stale anything, he disagreed with me one time and told me to walk off being a little bitch."

easysig2.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    If you don't want to send presents to your giftee, send them to me.

I will then send them along to the intended recipient.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i hope i get stale just so i can collect various ron jeremy memorabilia to send his way

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tonkka isn't joking, because he's awesome

And I'm not saying that just because I remember how awesome of a Santa he was to me a year or two ago

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Im guessing its less "I dont want to send Metroid jack shit" and more "dont pair me up with my already best bud". I dont see the first happening at all though.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    If I get @Aphostile I am finding the biggest box I can and filling it with condoms.

Should be enough to last him a weekend.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    O Satan, my Satan, how dear thou art to me!

This is my first go-round on this crazy-train, and I am excited to give and receive. Pressure's on you, though, because I fully expect to have more fun coming up with gifts than anything. Partly for the distraction, otherwise I will go out of my mind with anticipation; I love receiving mail at all, so the contents being gift(s) tailored to me is pure gravy.

I'm not up to being very funny with all this typing I'm about to dump on the thread. Sorry! I'm hoping I'm being helpful-detailed, and not, "taking the fun out of surprising someone" detailed.

Let's start with restrictions, joy of joys.
    I live in an apartment that seems increasingly crowded, with 3 cats and a beau. Ignore my collection of chairs, and let's just say we've outgrown our space a bit, but we're still comfortable; so, I tend to think along practical, space-saving lines when coming up with gift suggestions for myself. I have a desire to rid myself of the tchotchkes I've already acquired, so the cutesy stuff on my wishlist from ThinkGeek and such are mostly just to show I have a sense of humor -- I like them, I just don't want to see them taking up my limited real estate.

I love reading, but I'm out of the habit and really do need to pare down my collection – if it's something I have to read because it changed your life and you adore it, it is the best, send it my way, but don't feel obligated to fill my lack of reading material hole, it does not exist. :winky: Though, there are some webcomics that I'd like to have in print, like Scarygoround, Hark! A Vagrant, and Platinum Grit.

Similarly, I have too many clothes, but there are a few t-shirts I'd like to rock. This one, for instance; I have the "Books Rule" and original Krakkagar ones and adore them. I try to buy kid-safe stuff since I'm lazy and don't want to change before work. I wear a Ladies large or Men/Unisex small/med in most things up top, but ask someone if you need specific measurements and I'll measure and pass it along.

I'm 30 with no allergies yet, and I've cautiously ticked 'OK' on NSFW, so feel free to try and freak me out.

I'm a bad vegetarian (ie, living with a dedicated burg-er, I have lapsed in my ideals in favor of domestic harmony and laziness), but I do generally stick to non-meat meals and prefer my leather to be vintage or ecologically-sound fake. So, if – knowing this -- you send me your world-famous jerky, I will both appreciate and slightly resent the gift, but mostly appreciate it because I love food. God, I love food. More on that, later. If you want to send wine or spirits, well, unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma; surprisingly, I don't find it unfortunate that I live in Oklahoma, but rather, Oklahoma has arcane and vexing laws regarding the importation of alcohol, last I checked. So if you want to send me booze, you are going to have to disguise it well.
    don't do this I don't want to get arrested or have your thoughtful gift seized.

Okay, the fun stuff.

Arts & Crafts
    First of all, I enjoy making things, so if you can facilitate that, you are on the right track; I knit and make jewelry (and when I have money for studio time, I love to throw pottery) and given enough time and money, would like to Learn almost All the Crafts. As a result, I also collect small bits of other artists' works and have quirky tastes, but if you are enraptured by someone's craft or make stuff yourself, I would love to see it. Artist trades are the bomb.

I am missing a couple of bits of knitting paraphernalia, in particular: lace blocking wires, a postal scale, a yarn swift and ball winder would all make starting or finishing projects easier. There are also these puzzle mat activity things marketed for kids that are supposed to be perfect for blocking projects out. Weaving will have to wait until I have a house and space for a loom, but needle-felting is nice and compact -- a starter kit for that would be welcome.

For unique stuff, send along any found or vintage treasures that would make great jewelry pieces -- for example, skeleton keys, neat bicycle parts, mini tools, costume jewelry, lonely earrings, wood/bone/horn/shell buttons, shed pin feathers, and so on. Here's a gallery of some of the jewelry I've done, just for illustration.

I am obsessed with oriental rugs, and particularly in love with those in red with geometric motifs. I also favor pencil illustrations, and land and cityscapes. Oh! I just thought of some trinkets that I'd like to have -- I saw these gashapon Mid Century Modern chairs in a museum gift shop a few years ago. Like these, except not mini versions of the actual chairs. Ah, made by these guys, but it looks like the ones I'd want are out of production; so, if you happen to find a Barcelona or Diamond Bertoia chair, I'd like those.

Media
    My main obsession is music, with knitting a close second. iTunes gift cards are good, since I like to sample the spread; I'm old-fashioned enough to want a physical medium if I like an album as a whole. I just got the Macklemore album, but I would like the EPs on his site. City Calm Down is an Australian band that just put out a charming EP ('Movements') that I'd like, available in "all good record stores." The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus soundtracks always seem to be 'spensive when I look, but I'm also a bargain-hunter, so expense is relative; I check for them whenever I'm in record shops, heh. Mixtapes / CDs are great -- I used to make them all the time. I also used to be rather good at flute, and while I still adore playing, I haven't dedicated time to it in a decade, and loaned all my sheet music to a coworker i haven't seen in five years; I have a guitar, and even restrung it a month ago, but I've forgotten what little I knew and only plink -- I could use a good lesson book. I do a decent Malaguena, though!

I love dancing enough that I probably should have made a career of it, but 30 is a bit too late to train and go pro, I think; anyway, I watch pretty much anything involving dancing at least once, and have perverse pride in owning Breakin'. Do with that what you will.

We have a ton of CDs, films (and Netflix) and games, so you usually have to be faster than the boyfriend when there's one he wants, but he's in the phase of "Can't buy that, that's on the Christmas list, damn!" So, if you want to make 'The Last Guardian' somehow appear in my mailbox, that would be a Christmas miracle. We just got Assassin's Creed tres, and other series I like and own include Portal (PC), Halo (XBOX 360) and Pixeljunk (PS3); my Steam profile is also in my sig, and it will be obvious that music games such as Audiosurf take up tons of my gaming. I dismantled our Rock Band drumkit a couple months ago, since we don't play it much these days, sadface. I also have a refurb original iPad and an old 40gig iPod that's sadly on the fritz (did I mention I'm into music?), but I'm not beholden to the ios environment for mobile gaming; boyfriend got himself a Nexus 7 a month or three ago ho ho ho.

Food
    I mentioned food. Food's an excellent gift, since it can only take up so much space, and that is in my belly.
    -- Junk food!: Dark chocolate, Kindereggs, good milk chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups etc., Snickers, a good caramel or toffee; I pretty much keep chocolate in the house at all times, now, and am hooked on salted caramel chocolates. I seem to get through 2/3rd a jar of Nutella and then forget about it until it manages to go bad and I start the cycle anew. Skittles, Starburst, Sour Punch Straws, Sour Patch Kids, these all disappear at a shameful rate. Wasabi peas are good, but I keep a constant supply of Hot Fries lately; if you want to send a local variant of anything, that would be fun to try.
    -- My favorite fruit is blackberries, hands down; I can’t think of any fruit I dislike, though peaches are low on my list; I’ll still eat them. I go back and forth on cheesecake, pumpkin pie or blackberry cobbler as my favorite dessert; probably has to do with seasonality. I like jams more than jellies, and if you have not had apple butter, you have not lived, sorry. If you get 'hold of anything Stale's jarred and are feeling particularly generous....
    -- I love tea, but I have a cabinet-ful, so it's like the book thing above – I most often drink Earl Grey and kin, and hippie-dippie tisanes like Throat Coat, or ginger, but I also like rooibos, green, jasmine. I don't really care for sweet teas unless they're, y'know, Swait Taaaaay.
    -- I've worked in enough restaurants that I still have a love/hate thing with cooking, but I'm trying to get back in the habit instead of just heating food or going out. I have a couple pieces of cast iron (10 5/8”, 8”, and a mini) and wooden spoons aplenty, but I'd like a griddle for crepes and giggles, and more heat-safe spatulas. I have a glass mixing bowl and 2 Sitram pots (Profiserie 1.69 and 2.4 quarts), and I'm trying to phase out my nonstick stuff in favor of the latter. A couple large, rimmed stainless mixing bowls would be great, so I don't have to worry about chipping or dropping my only (aforementioned) large bowl.

Exercise
    I do yoga in a haphazard way and schedule, but I'd like a yoga mat for inspiration; sacred practice space and all that. I'm fuckin' picky, so if you're feeling exceedingly generous but with no access to Stalegoods tm, I've got my eye on one of these two bad boys -- Aurorae & Jade; bigger is better, in this case. That's been on my list since last year, but boyfriend's family sprung to get his sister a nice mat for her birthday this year -- it's in the realm of possibility, at least. It has been years since I've been rock-climbing, but I still intend to get shoes and get back into it; I have no idea what my size would be now, though I used to wear a 4, I think.

I hope this isn't intimidating or makes it seem like I'm hoping for a high roller -- I just wanted to give a well-rounded idea of the things I like and want generally, and I don't expect this to be anything other than a springboard. I loooooove surprises. You can stalk the beauty or the one thread I've made for other things I admire, covet or own. Hopefully @Kochikens, @oghulk, @aphostile don't mind being tapped for intermediary functions, because they can contact me most easily. Bug @sassori and she might help you.

And for your visual reference and others' convenience to pull from, here are some lists:
    Amazon: Media; Craft supplies; Household goods; Cosmetics, clothing, jewelry; Random; Owned (but informative)
    etsy

I'll try to update this post and those lists, since I'll be using them for anyone else who asks me for gift ideas. wheeeee, hugs!

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    If I get @Aphostile I am finding the biggest box I can and filling it with condoms.

If they're ribbed, a day.

Gatsby wrote: »

If they're ribbed, a day.

What am I? Made of money?

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I really hope Nevs was just talking about, like, international folks, and not people saying "I don't want so-and-so as my Satanee"

In the event that is what happened, I hope it's "so-and-so and I are best friends/married/etc, and don't want each other as satanees"

Because otherwise....why are you even signing up?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    It was probably me

"I don't want to send Stale anything, he disagreed with me one time and told me to walk off being a little bitch."

For you, it was the most important day of your life, for stale it was a Tuesday.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    For reals though, are people saying, I don't want to send a present to X?

In other news, got my list sorted, pretty happy with it. Now I just have to not add anything else to it.

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Oh man, thank you @neville and @Usagi for prepping the matches for this week. It's a very pleasant surprise!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    We could DO that?

This is the first and LAST time it will be accommodated.
    And if anyone else sends a PM to do so, I will assume you failed to comprehend the sprit of the season and will remove you.

The people who asked had good reason so I do not fault them, however, it is not something we want to do again, as it:
    1 - Is painful
    2 - Adds a lot of complexity to organization.

(I am not singling you out @ceres just had to pick a post to reply to)
    Besides we all know you love everyone and I won't hear any arguments to the contrary.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't know, part of me wishes I'd thought to pick my satanee just because I had ideas for some people I saw more than others. Like, if you want make up, screw you, I don't know dick about make up. I hope you've got other options up there.

In the end, though, for me the randomness is part of the fun. Just somebody who didn't put down much besides makeup is probably getting chewing gum.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    I don't know, part of me wishes I'd thought to pick my satanee just because I had ideas for some people I saw more than others. Like, if you want make up, screw you, I don't know dick about make up. I hope you've got other options up there.

In the end, though, for me the randomness is part of the fun. Just somebody who didn't put down much besides makeup is probably getting chewing gum.

sephora gift card, and maybe a couple of "beauty" books about professional styling/make-up tips.

Next.

edited November 2012
    I have made lists for people throughout the year in case I get them. If I do woo easy gifting. If I don't, I'll get to stalk them fresh.

Legba on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    I accept payment in pretty bitches, and cash money.

easysig2.jpg
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular

I mean, do you need to be told/know exactly what to buy for someone for this to be fun?

Nothing. Matters.
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    first time signed up
    gonna make dat wish list
    eagerly await OP to update

I mean you could maybe learn something a out what they are interested in?

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    We have a number of special requests from a number of geese on people they do/do not wish to send.
    Because Usagi and I are nice, we are attempting to accomodate them.

The matches will go out later this week.

@Neville

You are much much nicer than I am

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Oh man, haven't made my wish post

Hey Satan,

First off, thanks for signing up! I am a dude of vast, varied interests, and would be happy with pretty much anything! I spend a lot of my time watching tv and movies and junk, so if you have a fave movie thats on the cheap, send it my way! My fave genre is romcoms or movies aimed at teens. I also dig on comics, have a huge collection, mostly batman family and vertigo stuff. I also have a ps3 and steam, and mostly play rpgs and shooters. I just got a kindle paperwhite, so if you wanna see stuff i'm into, check my amazon wishlist. I would love more books on that thang, or anything similar! I also knit, and would love some yarn and crafting books and patterns, and maybe some extra needles! Also i go running and biking at times, so if you have any neato accessories and supplies and junk, like waterbottles or wrist bands, i dunno, i'd be forever grateful! I also love art stuff, and am always on the lookout for unique pieces, so if you are artistically inclined, i would love to see your work! Oooh, I also collect zippo lighters and comic book figures and stuffed animals and scented candles!

If you need help trying to think of stuff, just ask langly, tastypastry, balefuego, bowtiedseal, or dr. ziplock! they are hombres!

Anywho, hugs and kisses
    lostwords

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.