As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [Chat]

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    In the yeeeeeeeeeear 252525....

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: I forgot I posted this.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    http://www.reelz.com/trailer-clips/27131/the-rapture-trailer/

the trailer sells the feel pretty well.

rRwz9.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Dishonored was probably one of the most satisfying games I've played in a long time. Short, even when you go the no-kill route. But so, so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=iVlVyi9rKDo&NR=1
    What will we do with the drunken whaler
    Early in the Morning
    Way hey and up she rises
    Way hey and up she rises
    Way hey and up she rises
    Early in the morning
    Stuff him in a sack and throw him over
    Early in the morning
    Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
    Early in the morning
    Way hey and up she rises
    Way hey and up she rises
    Way hey and up she rises
    Early in the morning.

ftOqU21.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The rapture is a profoundly unsettling notion, more so than hell even.

Speaking of which holy fuck it is windy.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    This picture is actually pretty cool

l-Two-black-cats-crossed-my-path....jpg

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The movie is only a PG.
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Quick Cabin in the Woods question: the two countries that make the best horror movies are Japan and America, obviously, but we see the other rejects - Argentina, Spain, and Sweden.

... what is a Swedish-style horror movie? I'm sure they have plenty of B-movies but the only one that went international was Let the Right One In.

I also have no answer to your question. Sidenote: How great is that movie so far. Answer: SO good.

I hated Let the Right One In. I wrote a big hullabaloo about it in an old [chat] complaining about how Swedey McSwederson and his three friends should not have done what they did.

If I get a new PC before exams are done, I know what I am going to do after:

1. get XCOM, get borderlands 2, get Dishonored, get alcohol

2. be drunk and play games until school resumes

ftOqU21.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Isn't the sun just outraygeous?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh there's the snail waving

You guys weren't kidding

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    In fact, I want Bethesda to make another Dishonored. But I also want them to make a Fallout style RPG set in that world. Because holy shit is that an interesting world to explore.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

The sun is 100 times the size of Earth. Did you know it was SO LARge?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Who does the sun think he is, being so bright and shit

fuck you, sun, you aren't better than me

I oughta fly up there and punch you in your stupid orange face

JKKaAGp.png
    Ludious wrote: »
    In fact, I want Bethesda to make another Dishonored. But I also want them to make a Fallout style RPG set in that world. Because holy shit is that an interesting world to explore.

Instead of summoning a swarm of rats, you'd summon a swarm of radscorpions?

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Their source is a "mole." The UK press loves to just make shit up about entertainment stories when they can't actually get a hold of facts. Anyone who follows news about Doctor Who in the off-season has encountered this.

rRwz9.gif
    I grew up thinking the rapture was a very real thing that was going to happen in my lifetime. I was told it would probably happen before I was an adult. I was introduced to a fickle God who would leave you behind to be tortured by the minions of hell if you disobeyed your parents and lolwhoops, rapture, you haven't said your magic forgiveness incantation, guess you're left behind.

In conclusion,

fuck the rapture

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    The movie is only a PG.
    Quick Cabin in the Woods question: the two countries that make the best horror movies are Japan and America, obviously, but we see the other rejects - Argentina, Spain, and Sweden.

... what is a Swedish-style horror movie? I'm sure they have plenty of B-movies but the only one that went international was Let the Right One In.

I also have no answer to your question. Sidenote: How great is that movie so far. Answer: SO good.

I hated Let the Right One In. I wrote a big hullabaloo about it in an old [chat] complaining about how Swedey McSwederson and his three friends should not have done what they did.

I was referring to Cabin in the Woods. But yeah, I really loved Let the Right One In. As Evil Multifarious said, it really is more of a drama than a horror film, but maybe that's why it was so refreshing to me. It had some gory moments, but the psychological implications behind it are what made it so unsettling. I just really liked the story, and I thought the film itself was filmed beautifully. If you hate it just because it's Swedish then you are racist against the good Swedes!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Eddy wrote: »
    This picture is actually pretty cool

l-Two-black-cats-crossed-my-path....jpg

It is known.

ftOqU21.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012

Saw that. Still hope they're joking.

I'd prefer the new films to have very little to do with the original characters, they did their bit.

Focus more on the fact that there's now a massive military force with no leader, and the Universe is now going to go to hell. Good work team!

Not actually sure how that would work in a movie context, seems to lend itself more to a series of interconnected stories.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular

That was bright. Well done. You pun with flare.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Their source is a "mole." The UK press loves to just make shit up about entertainment stories when they can't actually get a hold of facts. Anyone who follows news about Doctor Who in the off-season has encountered this.

If it is true, burn it all. If not, well good then.

u7stthr17eud.png
    sleep schedule all out of whack since there was no lecture yesterday.

or, well, there was, but the usual ones had been set aside for a lecture on the library. I bet it was kind of sparse in the hall.

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I tried to watch We Need To Talk About Kevin and it made me so distraught and depressed that I had to stop watching it.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

I will bump this while reading my newb book about Rome :3

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Nah. Could be alright. I mean, if everyone is there, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher, it could be a lot of fun. I'm thinking Star Trek 2009.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    I don't believe or accept anything that is not on page 10 of a UK rag.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    described on wikipedia as a "romantic horror" film. first time I've seen that. so close to "paranormal teen romance"

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Darth Vader being resurrected could be a cool plotline if well done.

It will not be well done.

I grew up thinking the rapture was a very real thing that was going to happen in my lifetime. I was told it would probably happen before I was an adult. I was introduced to a fickle God who would leave you behind to be tortured by the minions of hell if you disobeyed your parents and lolwhoops, rapture, you haven't said your magic forgiveness incantation, guess you're left behind.

In conclusion,

fuck the rapture

The best Rapture thing is the American Dad! episode.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Winky wrote: »

devil's advocate:

Because what the fuck does the writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 know about tight story structure

In conclusion,

fuck the rapture

The best Rapture thing is the American Dad! episode.

oh my God yes. That episode spoke to me in ways you can't imagine.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Not sure what they'd do with him. He's repented, and now he's a good guy. Not sure if he'd make an interesting good guy (see episodes 1-3)

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Bagging and boarding all of my comics

Oh my god I have abused this so horribly, they are worth literally nothing except nostalgia

devil's advocate:

Because what the fuck does the writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 know about tight story structure

Lucas still has "consultation" rights.

u7stthr17eud.png
    The movie is only a PG.

I was referring to Cabin in the Woods. But yeah, I really loved Let the Right One In. As Evil Multifarious said, it really is more of a drama than a horror film, but maybe that's why it was so refreshing to me. It had some gory moments, but the psychological implications behind it are what made it so unsettling. I just really liked the story, and I thought the film itself was filmed beautifully. If you hate it just because it's Swedish then you are racist against the good Swedes!
    Of course it was a drama. It was a love story between a young serial killer and a vampire who lives in a trunk. And he'll grow up, get old, and she'll kill him like all the others. Very touching.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

volcano

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

Thank you. I do consider myself a rising star.

This discussion has been closed.