As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    now i'm just watching the opening themes to old television shows.

what the hell is wrong with me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    now i'm just watching the opening themes to old television shows.

what the hell is wrong with me.

Hm... depends on the show, I suppose.

工事中
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I went to see Katy Perry live and some rando opened, and then went to the lobby to meet people

and I went out and like, saw her taking pictures with a few young girls, and I was gonna go get a picture but hesitated then she got called by her manager and ran off

that rando was Ellie Goulding, now I'm sad because I don't have a picture with her

that's my tale

the moral is never turn down a picture with someone, ever

no matter who

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Lana Del Rey has a pretty great voice, but she's not actually a good singer.

And I'm skipping through some of her tracks, and she's just.... Eeeehhh.

Over-accompanied, over-edited, under-skilled.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So, after I took the Mathematics subject GRE, I felt really good about it, but I didn't want to obsess over it, but I'm looking the grading guidelines, and best case scenario, I did fantastic and should look at a higher tier of schools for grad school than I was thinking, and the worst case scenario that I think is possible, I still did better than I hoped going in. Tonight is good.

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    she's literally miniscule by the way

a very tiny person

google says 5'7 but that is a damned lie

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So, after I took the Mathematics subject GRE, I felt really good about it, but I didn't want to obsess over it, but I'm looking the grading guidelines, and best case scenario, I did fantastic and should look at a higher tier of schools for grad school than I was thinking, and the worst case scenario that I think is possible, I still did better than I hoped going in. Tonight is good.

It's paper based right?

Did you get the results back?

When did you take it?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Edward: it's not like i black out the eyes of all my pictures and turn up the contrast super high to make my skin pearl white, i assure you, i assure you that is not the case

organichu: i will kill every single successful asian person in america. you know i'd do that

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    since that fateful evening I've gotten pictures with Grimes twice, Megan James from Purity Ring, mc chris, shook hands with Thundercat and wandered past security backstage at Flying Lotus before getting thrown out

I ain't gonna miss out on nothin' else, you hear

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I can sense you guys not watching the video I linked and I need you to know you are wrong.

(It is Pendleton Ward's other show, they put the first episode online)

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Watched it. It was ok.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

It's paper based right?

When did you take it?

I took it Saturday, and I'm supposed to get the results back in a few weeks. I'm just looking at what I think plausible raw scores I could get on it right now. Its more conjecture than anything else, but I'm still feeling pretty good.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    she's literally miniscule by the way

a very tiny person

google says 5'7 but that is a damned lie

Short girl boobs are the best boobs

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I can sense you guys not watching the video I linked and I need you to know you are wrong.

(It is Pendleton Ward's other show, they put the first episode online)

watched it. What can I say. 's okay.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    oh and I found out a close friend of a friend knows Diplo, and could've gotten me backstage VIP at a Major Lazer show I didn't go to

but now I know

so next time

Major Lazer will be added to the wall

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    jake what is your profession

are you a groupie? is that what you list on your irs forms?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2012

It's paper based right?

When did you take it?

I took it Saturday, and I'm supposed to get the results back in a few weeks. I'm just looking at what I think plausible raw scores I could get on it right now. Its more conjecture than anything else, but I'm still feeling pretty good.

Ah, ok. I took the bio one about a month ago and want my results already. I'm extremely nervous.

I mean most of that is just because I have anxiety about everything - I'm sure I kicked at least nine out of ten asses, and probably more like nineteen out of twenty. But what if it was only seventeen out of twenty! I'd feel pretty horrible, and that possibility haunts me.

Actually it sounds much worse when phrased as 85th percentile. So the other phrasing helps.

I hereby encourage everyone to consider their scores on every little thing not as percentiles but as the fraction of asses kicked.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    but tall girl legs are the best legs.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    jake what is your profession

are you a groupie? is that what you list on your irs forms?

most people go with stalker but I like that better

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    also winkstar have you watched the graduate

i drew some parallels with dustin hoffman's character and you (along with every recent graduate i know, haha)

• Options
    I would definitely be a Grimes groupie, if she asked

no luck yet

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

i drew some parallels with dustin hoffman's character and you (along with every recent graduate i know, haha)

All I know is a dude breaks up a wedding but then they feel bad about it in the bus later.

• Options
    Oh wait holy shit my scores are up.

Haha, better than ALL the possibilites I posted!

I kicked almost ALL of the asses!

What the fuck, why did the evolution and ecology section end up the worst one? It would make so much more sense switched with the molecular and cellular biology score.

• Options
    oh balls it is 8 in the morning already.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Oh wait holy shit my scores are up.

Haha, better than ALL the possibilites I posted!

I kicked almost ALL of the asses!

What the fuck, why did the evolution and ecology section end up the worst one? It would make so much more sense switched with the molecular and cellular biology score.

@Arch

Look at what I did!

I got 99th percentile in the organismal subsection.

I guess you can't put "orgasm" in a word without me excelling at it.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

What do you call it when Dustin Hoffman takes some Buckley's
    adjustin' Dustin Hoffman's cough, man

GOODNIGHT

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

What do you call it when Dustin Hoffman takes some Buckley's
    adjustin' Dustin Hoffman's cough, man

GOODNIGHT

I don't get it :(

• Options
    i need to find a better way to do math and mechanics assignments for next year

I've done this one but argh now I have to just write it all over again with like pretty drawings and legible writing and argh.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    it's not morning it's just very very late

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I hate how my heels are so thick and calloused. I have a near-sexual fantasy where I place my feet in warm water for 280 hours and afterwards the 5cm thick crust peels away, leaving smooth, pink skin.

• Options
    Time to listen to how did this get made and dream of meeting celebrities

maybe they'll invite me to parties...
    and we'll be best friends

that would be grand.. :zzz:

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Drez St. Elsewhere was a show about an underfunded hospital in Boston. Rather than being about medical mysteries, it was more of a drama about the everyday lives of all these people who worked there, and was famous for being really well-written and intelligent about various social issues; the producers went on to create "Homicide: Life on the Streets" and "Oz." It was kind of ahead of its time - it's much more like a modern serial drama than most of the action or mystery stuff that was popular in the 80s. It also launched the careers of several actors, including a few you may have heard of. And it had great theme music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNXBgces1Q

The end was controversial, but it's really just kind of a gimmick out of left field, like the end of "Newhart." It wasn't actually a show about a kid and a snowglobe.
    Rchanen wrote: »
    I like to think I have learned something.

I really should not read up on the Slenderman Mythos while listening to the "The Drunken Whaler" from Dishonored.

Really should not expose myself to that level of creepy.

i just spent the last hour reading about every horror reference in Cabin in The Woods.

needless to say my trip to the elevator after I left my room was nerve-wracking.

Where does one obtain this list of references?

http://thecabininthewoods.wikia.com/wiki/Monsters

i clicked every single one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just rediscovered something I hadn't read in years: The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect

NSFW, and also your sanity

But a great sci-fi story

um...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    city council has decided which bars can sell alcohol until 03:00 because they have a cultural blah blah and which one has to close the taps at 02:30

hulen is of course one of them

I would be happy if I wasn't working there as an unpaid bouncer

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    neville is such a dick oh my god

if he weren't adorable HE'D BE INTOLERABLE

• Options
    congrats Shivahn.

On a completely different note, whenever I read or hear someone say "l-o-l" I mentally add "White America" to the end. I blame Kanye or possibly Obama.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    summers where I'm at are long days, long dusk, very very short night, long dawn.

Turning the opposite way now.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.