As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]cratic National Convention - Game Over - Phallary Clinton Takes Over

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks for running stever.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Yay Phallary! Though after kime was outed I totally should have contacted him and revealed as the SK to the mafia. That was probably my biggest mistake. I don't think the village really suspected me as anything but a survival neutral, but I may be wrong.

And actually, yes, I played a bit dumb. In the beginning of the game, I revealed as a survival player to jdarksun, TRV, and Mr.T. Specifically, I claimed a survival neutral, and that I needed Phallary Clinton to also survive. Secretly, I simply needed not to kill her myself. Which is why I asked those three to put me in contact with Phallary should they happen across her. Of course, Phallary being most likely mafia tripped warning bells in MrT's head, which is why he put up the giant post asking Phallary to contact him.

What's more, I was vote immune until I was seered. Even more reason to have contacted the mafia and tried to get them to not kill me - again, main mistake on my part. Note that night 2 I actually targeted Obifett, but I guess either he was guarded or had some sort of natural block or I was roleblocked.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, who was he seering this last night?

Nobody

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I object to various elements of the construction of this Phalla. Needed more Blue Dogs and less Clinton psychodrama.

Grumble.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I liked this game some.
    Not as much as Monster phalla but it was OK.
    I think I like more crazy games as I go along.
    Watch out!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I do find it amusing in my 1 night of work, I dunalisted 2 mafia out of the 4 people I thought were sketchy.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Yay Phallary! Though after kime was outed I totally should have contacted him and revealed as the SK to the mafia. That was probably my biggest mistake. I don't think the village really suspected me as anything but a survival neutral, but I may be wrong.

And actually, yes, I played a bit dumb. In the beginning of the game, I revealed as a survival player to jdarksun, TRV, and Mr.T. Specifically, I claimed a survival neutral, and that I needed Phallary Clinton to also survive. Secretly, I simply needed not to kill her myself. Which is why I asked those three to put me in contact with Phallary should they happen across her. Of course, Phallary being most likely mafia tripped warning bells in MrT's head, which is why he put up the giant post asking Phallary to contact him.

What's more, I was vote immune until I was seered. Even more reason to have contacted the mafia and tried to get them to not kill me - again, main mistake on my part. Note that night 2 I actually targeted Obifett, but I guess either he was guarded or had some sort of natural block or I was roleblocked.

I guarded Obi night 2.

• Options
    Poor TRV.

• Options
    UGH! Langly as a VI?
    One of the best players?
    I was hurt by RNG.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Love that both the village vig and the mafia looked the idiot on night one

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Good game all around, but hat's off to you mafia-types. SeGaTai was the only one I even remotely suspected at the time of my death, even till now. Surprised I caught attention from both sides, TBH.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I had fun, and learned some things, and also some things to not do, so that's good. Knowledge++!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    TRV, you totally had us fooled with the 'where's the vig?' talk. You'll probably get a kick out of the last couple days of mafia boards analysis.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    TRV, you totally had us fooled with the 'where's the vig?' talk. You'll probably get a kick out of the last couple days of mafia boards analysis.

Oh I read through it already haha. I was curious as to whether or not ANYBODY was buying it!

• Options
    Our theory was that you were the seer, and didn't announce anything until you found the guard. Close enough *shrug*

Steam
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm serious.
    After Monster phalla, I pulled back a bit from craziness but I think that players & myself like more non-normal stuff.
    Let others run vanilla games.
    I think I may have just jumped off the edge!

Join me, @Spoit!

stever777 on

• Options
    Yeah pretty much. Strategy was the same I think. It was a fun experience and I'm ready to phalla again!

• Options
    I remember my first time as nethead, TRV.
    Ouchy!
    Wasn't pretty.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Nice job mafia buddies and stever for running the show

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Speaking of crazy games: borderlands phalla im working on gives 2nd place in votes the chance to open a loot chest. Doing so wipes your current skillset, but you can, if super lucky, get three powers! Think it would work? Or is it too dumb/broken

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Nice job mafia buddies and stever for running the show

Hey Seg!
    Bite my Snaky TI3 ass!
    :P

• Options
    Speaking of crazy games: borderlands phalla im working on gives 2nd place in votes the chance to open a loot chest. Doing so wipes your current skillset, but you can, if super lucky, get three powers! Think it would work? Or is it too dumb/broken

I like it!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    kill all rng

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    That was neat, even if I ended up not actually doing anything.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Why did you vote out kilnaga and vig me after I showed we couldn't handle a villager death in either of them and it was obvious kilnaga and me weren't aligned?

and did you really think I was mafia because my main suspects happened to be network? How the hell could I have known as mafia?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Reading the roles list, that guard role combined with a network could have gotten pretty ugly pretty quickly. Being able to either confirm a villager or kill a mafia every day? Not at all broken

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Only the mafia and yourself voted out Kilnaga. Zombie Hero had vote manip.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ah, looks like some more stuff did happen late in the day.

Anyways, double mafia kill is really harsh in a mini. Giving mafia a +3 vote manip+guard on top of that is ridiculous.
    Spoit is right that if the guard and vig combined the vigseer would have been a great village tool, except mafia did have a guard.

Thanks for hosting stever

Alegis on
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Why did you vote out kilnaga and vig me after I showed we couldn't handle a villager death in either of them and it was obvious kilnaga and me weren't aligned?

and did you really think I was mafia because my main suspects happened to be network? How the hell could I have known as mafia?

The observation was made that you were more talky than usual, and that it may be you trying to not look suspicious. Like I said, my aim was terrible. I don't think I managed to vig a mafia the whole game :(

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, stever! It was a good game. And the best team won :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Thank you for running this, stever.

The mafia got lucky with the early deaths of a lot of specials. Also there were no voting records really so there wasn't a whole lot for village non-specials to work with. I'm glad i wasn't one, because i still rely on vote records more than i do softnetworking by far.

My vote manip power was dampened by the existence of the chair position, so we couldn't do anything really swingy. I thought it was a good power level, and was only able to use it twice (although they were home runs when it did go off).

Steam
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Reading the roles list, that guard role combined with a network could have gotten pretty ugly pretty quickly. Being able to either confirm a villager or kill a mafia every day? Not at all broken

Don't most games have a seer & a guard?
    What am I missing here?

• Options
    stever777 wrote: »

What am I missing here?

I just looked at it. The issue is "this will not protect non-villagers." See, the main downside of vigging people is that you have friendly fire. But if the vig and guard both target the same person, then it's win-win.

The person lives? They are a villager, essentially seered and confirmed.

The person dies? They are a non-villager, probably mafia.

Steam profile
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    THANKS A LOT, MEGAFROST.

I mean, thanks for clearing up my schedule so I had time to make Phalla Wars 2 and enrage 30 people simultaneously.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I aim to please.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

What am I missing here?

I just looked at it. The issue is "this will not protect non-villagers." See, the main downside of vigging people is that you have friendly fire. But if the vig and guard both target the same person, then it's win-win.

The person lives? They are a villager, essentially seered and confirmed.

The person dies? They are a non-villager, probably mafia.

Oh, yup.
    Experimenting with guarding on my part.
    Live-n-learn!
    (and piss off Spoit in the process!)
    :P

• Options
    (and piss off Spoit in the process!)
    I'm pretty sure that means your game was a success :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Man, he's picky about which games he gets into.
    Either that or he's tired of our little group.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not even angry
    I'm being so sincere
    right now

steam_sig.png