As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 11/14/2012-You're wearing men's underwear underneath that snazzy skirt?

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
Saga #7 Missed this book <3, doesn't miss a beat getting back into things.
9GMXO.jpg

VPclB.jpg

JXsIW.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #697 this arc was a nice return to form after the meh lizard / alpha arcs. In addition, we got to see Harry who was living in Washington with his son, and Norman "disapeared" from his hospital bed that was in a coma in from HAMMER War.
jsvgk.jpg

8lTPk.jpg

Batman #14 has Batman confronting Joker on the scene of their first "Joker vs Batman" fight. Really enjoying what Snyder is doing so far with this storyline. Just hope it doesnt end the way the joker wants it to.
6dpjm.jpg

DZVwe.jpg

zALbW.jpg

With the next page revealing that he knows who identies of everyone in the Bat family.

Ultimate Comics Ultimates #18 is the ending of DWF/UWS and Humphries first solo arc, while a step down from Hickman's grand sci-fi epic, still really enjoyed it. Looking forward to what the next arc will bring.
Ecru2.jpg

3mwHq.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That Peter face in the third panel...:/

So Max knows his identity?

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    That Batman page was incredible, what's up with the joker in that book, his face looks to be peeling off.

Yeah the Peter face is pretty godawful, it looks like the artist was making an injoke to see how close he could get to making a troll face without actually tipping anyone off.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    That Batman page was incredible, what's up with the joker in that book, his face looks to be peeling off.

Yeah the Peter face is pretty godawful, it looks like the artist was making an injoke to see how close he could get to making a troll face without actually tipping anyone off.

The joker
    Well he had his face cut off in the first issue of batman I don't know which one and this is a new joker who got the face and is wearing it

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    That Peter face in the third panel...:/

So Max knows his identity?
    No, he doesn't. Atleast as far as we know.
    He just told him he's going to impersonate Spider-Man to distract the goblins while he escapes.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

The joker
    Well he had his face cut off in the first issue of batman I don't know which one and this is a new joker who got the face and is wearing it
    It's the same Joker, he's just wearing his old face as a mask.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Proposing thread title change to "I've never been turned on by a shark before, but....Wow."

Edit: also, holy crap, Thor. I was never a big follower but I really enjoyed this issue and looks like I'm gonna stick with it.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Oh man Thor: God of Thunder #1 was fantastic
    Thor doesn't have a bat-signal. He doesn't have Jimmy Olsen's Super-Signal Watch. Thor is a god, he is summoned by prayers.
    Thor-Zone-008.jpg

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #2, why can't Maberry write another 616 Doom mini? This issue again shows how well he gets the character:
    marveluniversevsavengers2a.jpg

marveluniversevsavengers2b.jpg

Cannibal Hercules, who just took over Mole Man's world, attacks and Hawkeye makes Doom show he has the power to save the world, and he does:

marveluniversevsavengers2c.jpg

marveluniversevsavengers2d.jpg

All-New X-Men #1, Cyclops helps out a mutant in Australia who was about to get The Boot:
    allnewxmen1a.jpg

allnewxmen1b.jpg

allnewxmen1c.jpg

Fantastic Four #1, the book is kind of all over the place but it has it's moments, like Johnny being Johnny and Sue's motherly side being shown:
    fantasticfour1a.jpg

fantasticfour1b.jpg

fantasticfour1c.jpg

Atomic Robo: Flying She-Devils #4, how to dissect a robot:
    atomicroboshedevils4a.jpg

atomicroboshedevils4b.jpg

atomicroboshedevils4c.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    I feel like Doom / Thor would be a natural fit for kicking the shit out of eachother. Is there any sort of book where they do that particularly well?

PS the art on God Of Thunder #1 really makes Thor seem otherworldly and powerful. It's a cool case of the art being more than just pictures for the words. I always thought it'd be a cool idea to tell a Thor Story from the perspective of the Stained Glass Windows you see in a Cathedral.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    The Boys #72 was pretty much the best possible ending that the series could have.

But if I had to pick one moment it's
    "That one is clearly The Deep"

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I feel like Doom / Thor would be a natural fit for kicking the shit out of eachother. Is there any sort of book where they do that particularly well?

Latverian Prometheus, sort of. I can't recall the extent of their direct conflict. It is awesome nonetheless.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    This was an amazing week for comics.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Between Saga, Batman and Thor? This was a fantastic week.

I feel like the moment that stuck out most for me, in Saga, other than the great character development and sci-fi magic
    was the giant monster testicles

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Alright this was a pretty incredible week.

I'll start with this simple panel from Avengers Assemble #9 which made me laugh a lot regarding how Bruce Banner sees himself vs how the other Avengers see him.
    mE4DY.jpg

Another of the funniest panels of the week here, from Fantastic Four #1. It's very much a premise setting issue, but both Bagley and Fraction seem like great fits.
    1ewxC.jpg

X-Men Legacy #1 starts Legion off in arguably the most stable condition the character has been in.
    SI71s.jpg
    k9USE.jpg

But it leaves him someplace very different.
    S1Q9S.jpg

I am not entirely feeling the revenge of Daniel Drumm storyline that Bendis is telling in New Avengers #33. But man it was a thrill to see Oeming drawing the Avengers.
    pchr2.jpg
    dpBTt.jpg
    sE8gM.jpg
    mbnqN.jpg
    qyz50.jpg

Thor: God of Thunder #1 introduced to Old Thor, who is the very definition of metal.
    cjJPH.jpg
    u26DO.jpg

and finally in All New X-Men #1, Immommen provides the stunning artwork
    K0VEh.jpg

while Bendis gives us the first meeting of past to present.
    8qQxM.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Green Lantern Corps #14
    aHO4N.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think I need to get Avengers Assemble.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    I think I need to get Avengers Assemble.

Good writing, good art team. I hope it stays in this "fun spot" while the main Avengers books get all serious.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Now that I had a chance to grab a couple of screens

X-Treme X-Men #6, the gang goes off to robot world to save Kurt
    Dazzler once again shows off a new trick with her powers

OfB7n.jpg

and we were promised that a new 616 character will be joining the cast, and is introduced this issue
    Sage! She's working with SWORD apparently, and is a liason to robot world.

3VSPd.jpg

And Wolverine and the X-Men #20, Angel's the new school recruiter. He's also found the perfect funding source for the school
    jMkwO.jpg

new girl takes a bite out of crime and Silver Samurai sums it up:
    snuN7.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    What

That isn't a 616 character, dogg

she is from that universe, not the 616

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I could've sworn they said she was the 616 one, that for some reason or other was there, lemme see if I can find that.

Quoting from his twitter where someone questioned it:
    Greg Pak ‏@gregpak
    @LeviPTompkins @JamesAsmus It's the 616 version. Don't worry. ;-)

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Weird. I didn't notice anything in the book saying it's 616 Sage but right on

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Weird. I didn't notice anything in the book saying it's 616 Sage but right on

You're correct, it wasn't explicitly mentioned. I'm assuming it'll be explained next issue or something.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    and Norman "disapeared" from his hospital bed that was in a coma in from HAMMER War.
    Just look at this
    asm697_1.jpg
    Who in the flying fuck decided it was OK to leave Norman Osborn alone in a bed at some regular hospital in a room with a window?!?
    Sheesh

At least Max Modell is a champ
    asm697.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Max rules

I want Max Modell to the be the Superior Spider-Man

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    "*huff, puff* Excuse me, I'm the friendly neighborhood *huff* Spider-Man, and you appear to be a villain. *huff* Please come quietly or I'll be forced to use science"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    and Norman "disapeared" from his hospital bed that was in a coma in from HAMMER War.
    Just look at this
    asm697_1.jpg
    Who in the flying fuck decided it was OK to leave Norman Osborn alone in a bed at some regular hospital in a room with a window?!?
    Sheesh
    Slott made a post about similar reactions over on the CBR board:
    So a lot of the more angry and critical types are upset that a room that should have had an unconscious Norman Osborn AND armed guards is found to be completely empty.

I'm stunned.

Feels like the same kind of posters who'd read a scene where a person IN A MASK got their head cut off-- who'd then get HORRIBLY upset that "Roderick Kingsley" was beheaded.
    :-P

Swear to God, it's like some of you have NEVER read a comic book before. :-)

Take a second.
    Unclench.
    Think about it.

Then carry on. :-)
    Not sure what he means, I guess he's implying the person in the bed was not Osborn?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so

dan slott is a condescending silly goose

that's what im getting from that

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Wasn't he imprisoned for treason? That shit only has one penalty: death.

But they're not going to kill off Norman, and the mini by DeConnick and Rios was by all impressions good, so who cares? I mean, at least a bunch of people were NOT murderized in the process, so that's an improvement for Marvel.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    so

dan slott is a condescending silly goose

that's what im getting from that
    There are some people that have been on his ass over there since OMD.

He's a nice guy but he's a lil wore out after dealing with them for the past four years or so.

• Options
    uh huh

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    uh huh
    I feel like if I wern't so lazy I could go find a couple posts you've made that make you look as bad as Slott came off.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    i am a teenaged comic fan on the internet

not a grown-ass adult professional comic writer

• Options
    Fans have shit all over slott. Moreso than most other writers. He quit formspring it got so bad.

And he wasn't super vicious or condescending. All he said was some readers need to wait before jumping to conclusions about "shitty" writing.

I am pretty sure this is mostly your personal distaste for him, Anti.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I honestly am not sure whats so bad with him saying "keep reading, relax!" ??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    43 minutes

was wondering how long it'd take for blank to make that post

• Options
    ...okay?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    That is one of the most polite ways one can handle the kind of shit Slott's been getting. I mean, he's practically getting threats at this point because of crazy fans.

And really, all he said was "Guys. This is comics! Crazy things happen and sometimes it's not what it seems! Also, calm down and try to just enjoy yourselves!"

There is no reason to hate on Slott for any of that.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I took it kinda as implying that
    maybe Hammer faction bits still around , and the guards were in on the breakout , is why we don't see guards?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Just to be clear
    My post wasn't meant to criticize Slott, but it was more a tongue-in-cheek comment aimed at whichever in-universe characters are in charge of taking care of super villains

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Regardless of how his tone comes off to anyone, Slott's got an excellent point though. These days, when something weird happens in comics, fans tend to just flip their shit and start calling for a writer to be fired or replaced because hey, they obviously don't know what they're doing. Not everything is explained in one issue.