As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 11/14/2012-You're wearing men's underwear underneath that snazzy skirt?

2»

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Thor: God of Thunder was the most metal of things

Wolverine ad the X-Men felt a little fillery, I had to say, but it wasn't a bad story and it did give Angel a bit more character time

I think that Aaron wants to continue with his regularly scheduled stuff but doesn't want to spoil the end of Remender's X-Force. Which is fine, you know, I'm happy with that. It's good when writers work together in order to make sure their work fits, especially when it's the two best X-books around.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I took it kinda as implying that
    maybe Hammer faction bits still around , and the guards were in on the breakout , is why we don't see guards?
    Or that maybe Norman took them out himself which considering who he is wouldn't be out of the question.

As to his response on CBR, I've been on their board myself and there are a lot of people who have been on his ass for a long time and would probably do so with most writers. He's taken it in stride as best as he can and considering how long it's gone on I'd be willing to say he's got Jobe-like patience.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not seeing what's so bad about Slott's comment. Not at all.

Hell, even if it had been more harsh it seems kind of hypocritical for fans to shit all over something but not be willing to take any kind of rebuttal.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    MOTW was Spider-Goblin

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Wolverine ad the X-Men felt a little fillery, I had to say, but it wasn't a bad story and it did give Angel a bit more character time

I think that Aaron wants to continue with his regularly scheduled stuff but doesn't want to spoil the end of Remender's X-Force. Which is fine, you know, I'm happy with that. It's good when writers work together in order to make sure their work fits, especially when it's the two best X-books around.

I have not dug on this new angel very much but I'm hopefull that Aaron has some kind of long term plan for him.

That said, I kind of cant wait to see someone try to explain to young Warren in ANXM what happaned to him.

Scott - you became Magneto

Jean - you died

Hank - you mutated into a furry blue guy

Bobby - you are basically the same

Warren - you got turned into a merciless killing machine by a tyrannical mutant dictator and after finally killing him you took his place and were finally killed by the love of your life before having your body resurrected by the power of celestial space gods with no trace of your previous memories or personality.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I hope WatXM handles that conversation as it has the trappings of being hilarious - really for all of them.

"Scott, you're Magneto now. Also, you have a son who's older than you."
    "Wait, what?"
    "Oh yeah, you were also just the Phoenix."
    "What's a Phoenix?"
    "The same thing Jean was...before she died."
    "So...I'm Jean?"
    "Don't be stupid."
    "I'm confused. I need to talk to Charles."
    "You can't. You killed him."

edit: Then they get Doop to try to explain everything to them.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

I have not dug on this new angel very much but I'm hopefull that Aaron has some kind of long term plan for him.

That said, I kind of cant wait to see someone try to explain to young Warren in ANXM what happaned to him.

Jean - you died

Warren - you got turned into a merciless killing machine by a tyrannical mutant dictator and after finally killing him you took his place and were finally killed by the love of your life before having your body resurrected by the power of celestial space gods with no trace of your previous memories or personality.

The best thing is that it's pretty much the only memorable thing Angel ever did other than have sex with a teenager in front of her mother

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Jean - you died

The best thing is that it's pretty much the only memorable thing Angel ever did other than have sex with a teenager in front of her mother

What

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, you don't know about that?

Well, it was under the pen of a certain Chuck Austen

and it was pretty fucking weird

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I thought we all agreed that Chuck Austen never happened.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Anyone got a scan of that? This is just something I have to see

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Sure thing.

mamaguthrie.jpg

• Options
    How dare you bring up the Warren/Paige solar. How dare you mention that awful stupid thing that never happaned.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    How dare you bring up the Warren/Paige solar. How dare you mention that awful stupid thing that never happaned.

Bad Solar, bad! *spritzes with a spray bottle*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular

Jean - you died

Don't forget to add that they are all essentially mass-murderers (especially when you factor in alternative timelines), are STILL hated and feared by humanity, and have all died at least once...with the exception of Jean, who has had more deaths/resurrections than in a video game.

Don't get me wrong, I think the concept of the '60s X-Men showing up in the current status quo and thinking they've landed in a dystopian future is fascinating.

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    Jean has only died twice

And I can't recall either Hank or Bobby being dead or committing mass murder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Technically, Jean only died once.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Jean has only died twice

And I can't recall either Hank or Bobby being dead or committing mass murder.

I think jean has only actually "legit died" once?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Please people, recognize who you are talking to.

I am well aware that the jean who died on the moon was technically not the real Jean because the real one had been cocooned on the bottom of the ocean since uncanny x-men #101

But to be fair that is also an after the fact retcon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Please people, recognize who you are talking to.

I am well aware that the jean who died on the moon was technically not the real Jean because the real one had been cocooned on the bottom of the ocean since uncanny x-men #101

But to be fair that is also an after the fact retcon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, given how often they do the "current X-men are exposed to a dystopian future" it was pure genius to take the 1960's X-men and plop them in the current, post House of M world where mutants are almost extinct, Professor X is dead, and Scott, Jean and Angel have all had their lives gone completely off the rails.

• Options
    edited November 2012

I never said I was a role model

Solar on
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

Bad Solar, bad! *spritzes with a spray bottle*

*hissssssss

• Options
    Also I really, really, really liked X-Men Legacy this week

• Options
    It was awesome

I am super excited for Spurrier's take on Legion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    X-treme X-men #6
    Dazzler and Xavier argue whether they should jump to Kurt's world and save him. While Wolv... er... Governor Howlett just kills dinosaurs.

use your imagination. i'm too lazy to scan the damn book.[\spoiler]

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    At least he didn't bring up the whole Annie/Havok thing!

• Options
    Paige/warren was worse.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    2000AD #1809: Enormo Overdrive attempts to torture Dirty Frank, which works about as well as you'd expect:
    2df1.jpg

2df2.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    2000AD #1809: Enormo Overdrive attempts to torture Dirty Frank, which works about as well as you'd expect:
    2df1.jpg

2df2.jpg

Enormo Overdrive is my favourite 2000ad villain in years.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Holy shit he has little fish constantly circling him, he's awesome.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    All of a sudden I'm on board with the idea of a "Time traveler from a dystopian future goes back to the past to get help fixing it" when the 'dystopian future' is the present. I hadn't thought of it in that way before.

Also: Why is 'dystopia' not a word according to Firefox's spell-check?