As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech/MegaMek] Fight for Gan Singh

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Bumping it because I'm excited for Battletech! Any word on the force generation?

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Same here.

Looking forward to defending Gan Singh against the House Liao dogs! :P

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Same here.

Looking forward to defending Gan Singh against the House Liao dogs! :P

It's not that they ARE dogs, they just EAT dog. Get it right.
    I am so, so sorry.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Boo. Get off the stage.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Citizen, please remain seated in your room and don't panic when Maskirovka kick down your door

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I'll have it done by tomorrow.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Nobody is forgotten and i'm still slowly plugging away, but I have been working for the past 36 hours except for a modest sleep break. Things will be calmer on wednesday and I should tie everything off by then. Worst case, turkey day, but worst case won't happen.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    So it's turkey day now, right? :P

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yep. I have worked 60 hours from Sunday through yesterday. I have forces in .MUL, which lets you load and play them with megamek, but I can't find a way to a user-friendly text file and it looks like I can't attach them as a file here. Can everyone PM me their e-mail addresses and I'll share? I'll then ask you to manually transcribe the units and their skills and send them to me in e-mail/PM, where I will add them to the main post. Battle Value isn't perfectly balanced and I gave combined arms forces a bit more BV, but I think it's good enough for what we're doing.

Preliminary match-up info:
    Kana against Da Moon Rulz
    Wiet against PhantZon (Phant, I gave you a mixed force, because I couldn't balance an all-tank force well and it would have overwhelmed you with units)
    Waffle Maus against Riemann
    Elldren against TiamatZ

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Thanks. All I need back is the mech model and experience. if you want to include pilot names (and change them), feel free

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So I have the MUL. Now what?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    So I have the MUL. Now what?

I'm unfamiliar with MegaMek so I'm also interested in what we do

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    In megamek there should be an option tab saying ''Load Unit List'' under the Add Combat Unit thing. You can load .mul files with that.

Speaking of megamek, which version are we using?

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Satan's Lil HelperSatan's Lil Helper Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Any more room?

Satan's Lil Helper on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Ok, I think I'm all set. I'm free tomorrow after 3ish, though I have a wife so times subject to change

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    For the first match, as a warm up, pick out 4000 BV of units in any configuration you like. The APC for battle armor and infantry don't count. If you have those units, you may want to start a few practice games against the bot to get used to them and how to embark/disembark. I think we will eventually use the double blind rules but want people to get used to how line of sight works first.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lets use the most recent stable version. For maps, just use two standard maps back to back. Because I want some practice for newbies we will hand wave and say anything destroyed is repaired/replaced.

For the second round I will give instructions on how to save unit info. Winner of this round determines who attacks and who defends next time.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Be sure to turn on simultaneous targeting and firing and all, as it'll speed your games up immensely. You can find those options under View > Game Options > Initiative Rules

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Also if anyone would like feedback on force composition, I'd be glad to help! With 4 v 4 there's usually not a lot of options, but it's the thought that counts.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh wow, the stable version is 0.34?

• Options
    Yeah, looks like it's been a while since they updated that. To be honest the development version is just as stable as the stable version.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    what should we use for piloting / gunnery skills? We have a general xp level assigned for the unit (green / veteran etc...) but in the Total War book you then have to roll on a table for each unit to determine its actual skills.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Piloting skills were including in the .mul, weren't they? They were in mine, although I'm not sure if mine was the correct one.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    what should we use for piloting / gunnery skills? We have a general xp level assigned for the unit (green / veteran etc...) but in the Total War book you then have to roll on a table for each unit to determine its actual skills.

I rolled and balanced BV with skills - they're in the .mul.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Yeah, we can use the latest dev version.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Haha jeez I'm glad I threw myself on these pilots, they're gonna be the worst I've ever had pleasure playing with

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Yep. I have worked 60 hours from Sunday through yesterday. I have forces in .MUL, which lets you load and play them with megamek, but I can't find a way to a user-friendly text file and it looks like I can't attach them as a file here. Can everyone PM me their e-mail addresses and I'll share? I'll then ask you to manually transcribe the units and their skills and send them to me in e-mail/PM, where I will add them to the main post. Battle Value isn't perfectly balanced and I gave combined arms forces a bit more BV, but I think it's good enough for what we're doing.

Preliminary match-up info:
    Kana against Da Moon Rulz
    Wiet against PhantZon (Phant, I gave you a mixed force, because I couldn't balance an all-tank force well and it would have overwhelmed you with units)
    Waffle Maus against Riemann
    Elldren against TiamatZ

My name...

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Der Waffle Maus and I are setting up for our game. It's in a Light Urban setting using mapsheet City / Hills on the west and City / Residential on the west. I'm starting on the east edge and Waffle Maus on the west.

edit:
    I'm fielding my less experienced pilots (hard to fit heavy mechs in 4000 bv) in the following:
    Enforcer ENF-4R: A jump capable 50 tonner packing an AC10 and Large Laser
    Warhammer WHM-7S: A modern refit of the classic with double heat sinks, ER PPCs and streak SRM2s
    Archer ARC-5s: Another refit of an oldy. It is an LRM artillery mech with some nice close range backups in the form of medium pulse lasers and streak SRM2s.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Oh god this map setup.

• Options
    yeah I've got long range mechs lost in an city that is a bitch to move around in

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    first blood! My Archer took out the right torso of his Spider with its two LRM15 missle launchers

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ahahah what the hell RNG.

all 15 missiles hit in the same location

Edit: sweet jesus it hates me today.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    I move through a soft building, succeed on my roll.

SURPRISE its a basement

now fall down and take ALL of the damage on the leg thats open.

• Options
    Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 2110 to hex 2111 (moving through Light Building #41000).
    Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (moving through Light Building #41000)], rolls 10 : succeeds.
    Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) falls 1 level(s) into hex 2111
        Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) falls on its left side, suffering 6 damage.
            Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) takes 5 damage to LL.
     2 Internal Structure remaining
                Critical hit on LL. Roll is 3; no effect.
            Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) takes 1 damage to LL.
     1 Internal Structure remaining
                Critical hit on LL. Roll is 6; no effect.

Pilot of Hammer HMR-3M (4th Tau Cet) "Leopold Christl" must roll 4 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : succeeds.

Locust LCT-3M (4th Tau Cet) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 2710 (running & turning on pavement).
    Needs 3 [4 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Locust LCT-3M (4th Tau Cet) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 2411 (running & turning on pavement).
    Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 6 : succeeds.
    Building #32788 collapses due to heavy load.
        Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) is hit by falling debris for 4 damage.
            Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) takes 4 damage to RT.
                13 Armor remaining.

Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) falls 2 level(s) into hex 1707
        Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) falls on its front, suffering 15 damage.
            Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) takes 5 damage to LA.
                4 Armor remaining.
            Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) takes 5 damage to HD.
                4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) "Hope S耀gard" takes 1 damage.        
    Pilot of Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) "Hope S耀gard" needs a 3 to stay conscious.  Rolls 5 : successful!
            Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) takes 5 damage to RA.
                9 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) "Hope S耀gard" must roll 7 to avoid damage; rolls 6 : fails.
            Pilot of Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) "Hope S耀gard" takes 1 damage.        
    Pilot of Enforcer ENF-4R (RiemannLives) "Hope S耀gard" needs a 5 to stay conscious.  Rolls 6 : successful!

note we haven't put in pilot names of our own for this match

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    and then I pushed my warhammer too far and it tripped

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    and then the warhammer falls over while trying to get back up

I dub this mech Chumbawumba

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    The Tau Ceti Rangers have withdrawn from the field in good order. I think most of the damage in this game was done by falling down.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    On your side, yeah.

I think handfull of LRM-5 flights and one PPC shot connected on my end.

Didn't even break through the armor. Meanwhile on my end I've got two mechs missing their RTs and a Hammer with a leg held on by duct tape.

• Options
    That said, did you save those forces to a mul? I thought it would've given me the option when I quit, but it didn't.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    There should be an entitystatus.txt that contains damage info, but as noted above, damage is getting fixed for this game. The headache is in keeping track of a million entitystatuses that each feature a part of your forces. I am going to figure that out in the week we have to play our games out.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1