As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Canada Meetup

Fox 9091Fox 9091 Registered User new member
last year with some PAX magic I found some people from my town even on the last day, by talking to someone from Rhode Island. I know right magic, but so that I can meet other Canadians so we can swap bacon jokes and cry about the lockout this is the thread to find yourselves

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    This is a great idea. If you want random encounters, I also recommend wearing a hockey jersey. Ran into more then a few people from Edmonton this way :).

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I will be dressed as Canadaman. I like to imagine myself as a moving Canada meet-up.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I dunno about swapping bacon jokes.

Can we just swap bacon?

I'll be dressed in Roots gear the whole time, so I will be totally identifiable as from Canuckistan.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I dunno about swapping bacon jokes.

Can we just swap bacon?

I'll be dressed in Roots gear the whole time, so I will be totally identifiable as from Canuckistan.

Or you'll confuse Australians.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Oh god, I ran into a couple Aussie who were just adorably confused about my shirt and desperately wanted some of their own.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    How...in what way was he confused?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Fox 9091Fox 9091 Registered User new member
    Our famous clothing covered in Cuss words lol

• CanadianHammerCanadianHammer Registered User regular
    Thanks to this thread, I have now decided to wear my Vancouver Canucks t-shirt to PAX East lol

• RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    I have no Canadian clothes. Dinner or lunch meetup anyone? We should have a Canadian outing to explore "American food."

• YavariceYavarice Registered User regular
    I'll be bringing my Tim Hortons travel mug so that should be a pretty clear beacon XD

• CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular
    I usually wear my Bruins shirt, but this year i'll make an exception and wear my Canadiens shirt, just so you recognize me. And, like the other years, I'll hi-5 everyone with a hockey jersey

• Ben2998Ben2998 Master Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Any other suggestions? I don't have anything related with Tim Horton or Blackberry or a hockey jersey... I do have a "Astie que chu hot" tshirt but that's probably too obscure.

Conquered PAX East 2013!
    Planning PAX East 2014 invasion:
    [ ... ] Hotel | [ ... ] Travel | ✓ Pass
  • YavariceYavarice Registered User regular
    Ben2998 wrote: »
    Any other suggestions? I don't have anything related with Tim Horton or Blackberry or a hockey jersey... I do have a "Astie que chu hot" tshirt but that's probably too obscure.

Apologize and offer them a doughnut when someone accidentally steps on your foot?

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Unless you're not really native to Montreal and/or Quebec, i'm going to guess people will be able to place you as not being local once you open your mouth...

I personally don't really have any Canadiana to wear along, since I don't think my very subtle Keith's jacket counts.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Although I'm not sure how plentiful they are in Boston (if at all in Mass) Tim Hortons is all over the place in border states. For someone like me who has lived in NY and PA, a TH cup or whatever won't mark you as being Canadian at all ;)

store locator doesn't show anything near boston...though Zerzhul is right. Better wear a toque with your costumes and say Eh a bit more.

and hope they don't confuse you as coming from Minnesota.

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Go to any $store and buy a canadian lanyard , key chain , tie , wear a canadian flag as a cape ?

• QuentinTalonQuentinTalon Registered User new member
    Hey guys! I'm from Ottawa; and travelling alone this year, so would love to connect with some new people to hang out with, in Boston and when we're back home.

• wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    I don't have much in the way of Canadian wear, but I am flying down from the GTA.

• RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    I guess I'll find of those "Canada" shirts in ChinaTown :)

• Ben2998Ben2998 Master Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I think I'll go with the cape and be Canada Man for a day. Awesome!

Ben2998 on
    Conquered PAX East 2013!
    Planning PAX East 2014 invasion:
    [ ... ] Hotel | [ ... ] Travel | ✓ Pass
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    We have 12 or so people coming up from NB and NS... for most of us this will be our fourth annual drive up to Pax East. If anyone has plans for a meetup, some of us would probably be down - I don't check the PAX forums a lot so please DM me so I know!

• coldycoldy Registered User regular
    Ill be wearing a penguin hat. Should be easy to spot.

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    To help our Canadian friends who might get hungry for some of their native food:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/top-lists/bostons-best-poutine/

I myself am a Massachusetts native, but I have a few online friends up in Canada (mostly Alberta & Ontario)

• HurricaneLaurkHurricaneLaurk Registered User new member
    I'm coming from Ottawa. I'd wear my Montreal Canadiens jersey to show off my Canadianism but I think I'd be shot wearing that around Boston...

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm coming from Ottawa. I'd wear my Montreal Canadiens jersey to show off my Canadianism but I think I'd be shot wearing that around Boston...

The BCEC is the opposite side of the city from Boston Garden. So you should be ok. At least it not a VANCOUVER jersey.

And anywhere else outside of Quebec really, though I suppose your local Sen's fans are probably as difficult to rile up as real senators are...

Also, all of those Poutine places are well out of walking distance from bcec...with my schedule for the weekend, i'm probably ok to just keep eating the poutine here. Oh well.

• CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular

Don't worry, I'll be wearing it too, you won't be alone