As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Quiet Year] Spring Has Arrived

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    @simonwolf

It may help if you @ people in posts when it becomes their turn or we are waiting on their action. Should help smooth out fidelity of play a pinch.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    No need to @ me, I am subscribed to this thread and read erry post.

That said, @Abdhyius, your hunting project has ended, please tell the result.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    [img][/img]2m504ua.jpg

The hunters returned, one of them badly maimed. They didn't manage to fell the beast - a monstrously huge bear. They tracked it as it moved south of the river, where there's little game to feed it. Such a beast desperate from hunger is a terrifying thought indeed.
    esk_6kampsto.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    For my action, I will Start A Project. Those bodies up the river need to be given a proper burial, so their spirits do not follow the river and make our village a home. I think it will take one week to bury them all. Please weigh in, everyone.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It shouldn't take more than a week.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Whoops, my bad - I forgot that saying "weigh in" might lead to opinion sharing, which should only be happening if someone Holds a Discussion.

No need to edit, but for future reference (as always) you only weigh in on time for the project, not why you think it should go ahead or not.

• Options
    what on earth are you babbling about, simon? :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Yeah, a week sounds right.

• Options
    Alright, I believe that makes a consensus. One week it is - my project will end after Inquisitor answers his card's question.

End of turn summary:

2m504ua.jpg

Abundances: warmth
    Scarcities: armaments, wild game, manpower
    Current Projects: Burying the dead (1 week)

• Options
    Sixth Week of Spring

Queen of Hearts
    What’s the most beautiful thing in this area?
    -or-
    What’s the most hideous thing in this area?

• Options
    The most beautiful thing in the area is The Glade, a clearing deep in the forest. It is said to be so beautiful that the gods themselves rest there. Though few eyes have seen the Children of the Forest's prized location.

MapTree.jpg

• Options
    The burying of the dead project completes.

We take the bodies and take them north, into the hills, far from the waterway. There we bury them, as equals, so their spirits will not wish any harm upon our community.

gX1aW.jpg

• Options
    For my action I would like to Start a Project.

The project is to make boats and rafts as to be able to explore the coastline, visit the island where the jackals once lived, and moved large amounts of goods up and down river.

Being a rather serious project, I estimate it to take about 4 weeks or so to get our flotilla fully up and running.

• Options
    Four weeks sounds about right for making the boats, sure.

• Options
    It's been roughly twelve hours with nobody else chiming in, so I'm locking it down as a four week project.

Inquisitor's turn ends.

@Abdhyius is next.

gX1aW.jpg

Current Projects: Building watercraft (4 weeks)

• Options
    Seventh Week of Spring

Four of Hearts
    What important and basic tools does the community lack?
    -or-
    Where are you storing your food? Why is this a risky place to store things?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I feel exceptionally bad about this guys, but I'm going to have to back out.

Possibly you could replace me with another player?

Again, really sorry.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I've been following this thread pretty closely and I very much like the worldbuilding vibe of this game. I'd happily step into Winky's shoes if you'll take me.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I do have a haphazard waiting list of a sort that I'll add you to, shalmelo. If nobody on the list before you takes it up, you'll be welcome to join.

• Options
    That's fair. Thanks.

• Options
    We lack refrigeration, of course, not having much in the way of reliable electricity. Besides drying and curing what we can, most of our fresh food is stored in the cold river. The problem, of course, is that while it is within sight of the village, it's not really secure.
    2l8xifa.jpg
    yes I know a ham is cured and wouldn't need to go in the river.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    No projects ending this week, @Abdhyius, so you're free to take your action.

• Options
    Once again, paging @Abdhyius, it is still your turn.

• Options
    I choose to start a project: send hunters down along the south coast of the bay, and look for game, supplies, anything that can help us. A thorough search taking three weeks sounds prudent.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I think either 2-3 weeks would make sense for this, sure.

• Options
    Three weeks sounds fine.

• Options
    Three weeks indeed.

• Options
    With that, we end Abdhyius's turn.

@shalmelo is next.

End of turn summary

2l8xifa.jpg

Current Projects: Building watercraft (3 weeks), Scouting the south coast (3 weeks)

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Eighth Week of Spring

Nine of Hearts
    A charismatic young girl convinces many to help her with an elaborate scheme. What is it? Who joins her endeavors? Start a project to reflect.
    -or-
    A charismatic young girl tries to tempt many into sinful or dangerous activity. Why does she do this? How does the community respond?

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    An investigation into a small amount of missing poultices and root vegetables leads to the discovery of an 11-year old girl who has, along with some of her friends, begun sneaking supplies to a small clearing not far from the cold food storage. In the clearing are a group of eight Children of the Forest, half-starved and visibly ill with an unknown disease. The girl and her friends have clearly been attempting to care for the sick, and while no Children have yet died they do not appear to be getting better.

springweek8.jpg

shalmelo on
  • Options
    For my action I choose to Hold a Discussion.

What should be done about the Children in the clearing? If we leave them they will surely die, but can we risk the chance that our village might be infected by whatever is making them ill?

• Options
    Purge the sickly with cleansing flame.

• Options
    Outsiders are not to be trusted. Leave them to their fate, they are not a part of our community.

(sidenote, shalmelo: questions should just be a single question, not multiple ones thrown together - in this case, just the first part of your question would be sufficient. Future reference!)

• Options
    Leaving them to starve is out of the question.

The taint of plague must be cleansed. It is known.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Currently it is @shalmelo's turn to finish the Discussion.

• Options
    We cannot allow the village to be threatened by disease. We must leave them to die.

• Options
    With that, shalmelo's turn ends.

simonwolf is up next.

End of turn summary:

springweek8.jpg

Current Projects: Building watercraft (2 weeks), Scouting the south coast (2 weeks)

• Options
    Ninth Week of Spring

Ace of Hearts
    What group has the highest status in the community? What must people do to gain inclusion in this group?
    -or-
    Are there distinct family units in the community? If so, what family structures are common?

The Speakers are the leaders and keepers of our community, both now and as far back as the histories sing. Joining their numbers requires a lifetime of service to the community, and the memorisation of the two songs - the song of Law, and the song of the People. Once you join them, you rescind all familial and personal loyalties, for you are no longer yourself, you are a Speaker.

I am going to Discover Something New.

While on night patrol around the borders of the community, the spotter notices something that makes him pale. For the first time in anyone's memory, there lights are on at Fort Frontenac, a section of the place lit up like a beacon in the night.

With that, my turn ends. @Inquisitor is up next.

End of turn summary

zSveX.jpg

Current Projects: Building watercraft (1 weeks), Scouting the south coast (1 weeks)

• Options
    Tenth Week of Spring

Eight of Hearts
    An old piece of machinery is discovered, broken but perhaps repairable. What is it? What would it be useful for?
    -or-
    An old piece of machinery is discovered, cursed and dangerous. How does the community destroy it?

• Options
    In forest was found an old truck-mounted crane. The cable has rusted away and snapped, and the fuel tank is empty. But, if able to be brought back to the village it could help in many constructive tasks.

mapcrane.jpg