As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] PHALLA WARS 2 IS OVER! VILLAGE VICTORY!

1161718192022»

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    You can all bite me!
    Oh wait, that's the main...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I feel bad for not giving this game as much attention as I would have liked. It was a nice game, and the whole time it seemed to have something kooky going on with it.

But it was like when a nice solid smaller movie with a good plot and a decent director gets released the same week as the big tent pole block buster. I think a lot of this game suffered due to everything going on in the Vampire phalla next door.

I promise to be a better player next time if you run another one Rainfall! :P

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    The mafia was certainly larger than usual, but we quickly stuck our foot in it by killing one of the neutrals, then the SK started working for the village. Once we lost our first vig, there were more village guards than we had attacks. So much sad face.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    The mafia was certainly larger than usual, but we quickly stuck our foot in it by killing one of the neutrals, then the SK started working for the village. Once we lost our first vig, there were more village guards than we had attacks. So much sad face.

It also didn't help that both Spool and I got seered in the first two days. But yeah, we could have handled things better.

Thanks for running, @Rainfall! And thanks for nothing, @Kilnaga! :P

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Didn't see if this got posted - mafia proboards:

http://prisonersoftyria.boards.net/index.cgi?board=general

@SaberOverEasy, you'll note that @jdarksun and I argued against killing you day 1, FWIW.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I already told him that most were against, @shalmelo . And if he wanted to grudge someone it would be me and to some degree Fiaryn. : )

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Reading through it now, loving the part where you speculate that I pulled a bunch of soft-networking shit on day 1. :lol:

The Anonymous on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Reading through it now, loving the part where you speculate that I pulled a bunch of soft-networking shit on day 1. :lol:

yeah, really no fucking clue how roles worked. Were assuming that the Destiny Edge dudes = specials. But considering there were above 15 specials. And that 2 of the destiny edge dudes weren't even specials
    :rotate:

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running this, Rainfall/Kilnaga. It was a cool experiment dealing with higher percentages of mafia and a powerful village.

I had fun!

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Egos wrote: »
    I didn't even notice this mason pair...
    Rainfall wrote: »

You are Kilnaga Copperclaw.

”I have achieved the awesome!”
    Kilnaga Copperclaw, noble guardian, dedicated soldier, and proud Charr. Hailing from the little known Copper Warband, Kilnaga rose quickly through the ranks of the Blood Legion, drawing the attention of the legion’s Tribune, Rytlock Brimstone. Acknowledging the skills of the young soldier, Tribune Brimstone loaned him out to the great orders of Tyria on a special assignment. Joining forces with the knights of the Vigil, Copperclaw helped wage war against the Elder Dragon Zhaitan. With Zhaitan defeated, Kilnaga has set upon a quest to investigate the many dangerous dungeons located throughout Tyria. Aided in this quest by his human ally, Odette Baradin, his party ventures into dungeons others fear to enter. His extensive battlefield experience allows him to always pull aggro and protect his allies (even when he doesn’t want to and despite the fact he has no idea how he’s doing it). He also possesses an unhealthy obsession with jumping puzzles, achievement points, and extreme charrkour (think parkour, but with giant cats).

You know that NAMEGOESHERE is Odette Baradin, powerful human mesmer and brave warrior dedicated to driving out evil.
    Power: You are a Guardian. Every night, you must select a target to tank for. Any attacks, guards or seerings on the target will be re-directed to you.

You are Odette Barradin.

”Welcome to the big time. Population: Me.”
    Odette Barradin, descendant of Warmaster Barradin, a noble of Divinity’s Reach. Friends with powerful individuals like Countess Anise, Lord Faren, and Queen Jennah herself. A powerful mesmer, skilled in hunting evil foes and stabbing them repeatedly. Her sword collection is legendary amongst commoners and nobles alike. She joined with the forces of the Order of Whispers to battle Zhaitan, and it’s said she has the ear of Marshal Trahearne himself. With Zhaitan defeated, Odette has set upon a quest to investigate the many dangerous dungeons located throughout Tyria. Aided in this quest by her charr ally, Kilnaga Copperclaw, her party ventures into dungeons others fear to enter. Her mastery of magic and swords allow her to confuse, misdirect, and redirect her foes to do her bidding, although her laissez faire attitude has lead to more than a few horrible mistakes.

You know that NAMEGOESHERE is Kilnaga Copperclaw, powerful charr guardian and a brave warrior dedicated to driving out evil.
    Power: You are a Mesmer Every night, you may select two targets. Any attacks, guards, or seering on the first target will be relocated to your second target. You may not target yourself with this power

tumblr_md3d7tM3n71rz93dr.gif

Who doesn't love the hosts putting themselves in as roles and making themselves nearly invincible? ;>_>

There weren't very many ways that pair could die in this game.

1) Trahearne's power used on a vig
    2) Alpha's unblockable kill (We actually only added the unblockable part in like 5 minutes before PMs went out because we wanted to add another way to murder these two)
    3) One of them getting roleblocked
    4) Getting voted out
    5) One of them not using their power to protect the other (Sadly this is what happened).

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    I didn't even notice this mason pair...
    Rainfall wrote: »

You are Kilnaga Copperclaw.

”I have achieved the awesome!”
    Kilnaga Copperclaw, noble guardian, dedicated soldier, and proud Charr. Hailing from the little known Copper Warband, Kilnaga rose quickly through the ranks of the Blood Legion, drawing the attention of the legion’s Tribune, Rytlock Brimstone. Acknowledging the skills of the young soldier, Tribune Brimstone loaned him out to the great orders of Tyria on a special assignment. Joining forces with the knights of the Vigil, Copperclaw helped wage war against the Elder Dragon Zhaitan. With Zhaitan defeated, Kilnaga has set upon a quest to investigate the many dangerous dungeons located throughout Tyria. Aided in this quest by his human ally, Odette Baradin, his party ventures into dungeons others fear to enter. His extensive battlefield experience allows him to always pull aggro and protect his allies (even when he doesn’t want to and despite the fact he has no idea how he’s doing it). He also possesses an unhealthy obsession with jumping puzzles, achievement points, and extreme charrkour (think parkour, but with giant cats).

You know that NAMEGOESHERE is Odette Baradin, powerful human mesmer and brave warrior dedicated to driving out evil.
    Power: You are a Guardian. Every night, you must select a target to tank for. Any attacks, guards or seerings on the target will be re-directed to you.

You are Odette Barradin.

”Welcome to the big time. Population: Me.”
    Odette Barradin, descendant of Warmaster Barradin, a noble of Divinity’s Reach. Friends with powerful individuals like Countess Anise, Lord Faren, and Queen Jennah herself. A powerful mesmer, skilled in hunting evil foes and stabbing them repeatedly. Her sword collection is legendary amongst commoners and nobles alike. She joined with the forces of the Order of Whispers to battle Zhaitan, and it’s said she has the ear of Marshal Trahearne himself. With Zhaitan defeated, Odette has set upon a quest to investigate the many dangerous dungeons located throughout Tyria. Aided in this quest by her charr ally, Kilnaga Copperclaw, her party ventures into dungeons others fear to enter. Her mastery of magic and swords allow her to confuse, misdirect, and redirect her foes to do her bidding, although her laissez faire attitude has lead to more than a few horrible mistakes.

You know that NAMEGOESHERE is Kilnaga Copperclaw, powerful charr guardian and a brave warrior dedicated to driving out evil.
    Power: You are a Mesmer Every night, you may select two targets. Any attacks, guards, or seering on the first target will be relocated to your second target. You may not target yourself with this power

tumblr_md3d7tM3n71rz93dr.gif

Who doesn't love the hosts putting themselves in as roles and making themselves nearly invincible? ;>_>

There weren't very many ways that pair could die in this game.

1) Trahearne's power used on a vig
    2) Alpha's unblockable kill (We actually only added the unblockable part in like 5 minutes before PMs went out because we wanted to add another way to murder these two)
    3) One of them getting roleblocked
    4) Getting voted out
    5) One of them not using their power to protect the other (Sadly this is what happened).

We didn't actually know if my ability would work on Baidol. So rather than potentially waste it and possibly lose our vigs/network heads, we assumed it wouldn't. If you'll remember, that clarification was denied :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    There were an awful lot of denied clarifications, yes.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    My first time ever as a village special, and I never even used my power, haha. Oh well, there were approximately 26148745 village specials in this game, so I don't feel that bad.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Thank you for hosting! I'm surprised I was the last mafia alive, I was just terrible.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Gah! I really thought I had voted! I guess I lost track after I was on autopilot mode; I had said/done all I could - all was left was to not anger anyone and vote for myself everyday and wait until the mafia kills queen Jennah.

I found it funny I have a vote immune role the mini I get day1 voted out. I mostly kept secret day 2 for the reasons I did mention (it would help to confirm me as a non-mafia and non-SK) + village losing records was actually in my advantage: I was rooting for a mafia win. I assumed queen jennah would wringle herself in the network and wouldn't get killed by the vote or the vig, so my hope was in the mafia. I revealed to the village vigs on day 2 because I assumed they'd be most likely to kill me on day 3 when it was shown I didn't die again.

Thanks for hosting rainfall/kilnaga

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Peculiar fact: @SaberOverEasy and I had the same neutral role in this mini and the same neutral role in the vampire phalla at the same time.

Coincidence? You be the judge

Alegis on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Peculiar fact: @SaberOverEasy and I had the same neutral role in this mini and the same neutral role in the vampire phalla at the same time.

Coincidence? You be the judge
    Plus, this makes two games in a row where I've been a vig (was one in the US phallatics mini).