As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2 VANU] Apparently there have been upgrades! People are playing this!

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    31%. Probably another hour for me. Blegh! @wakkawa is there more patching to be done?

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    For outfit names uhhh

Cult of Arcadia COA ???

(See because I'm a cultist and the Vanu are kinda cultish)

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    About 7 minutes left for me for the Steam portion. Unfortunately, my wife goes to work at 4 and then I have to watch the baby, soo, likely not going to get much play time in today.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Knight_ wrote: »
    But Waterson doesn't have Azure Twilight D:

And Azure Twilight was what made Emerald VS the proest!

As an Emerald vet, GotR and XoO are of more interest to me. GotR is on Matherson, but at least we have XoO on Waterson.

I feel like Matherson might have more population cap issues.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    I can safely say, XoO is staying on Waterson and intends to do quite a bit of organized events.

re: name, I like Cult of Arcadia. But as I mentioned, I will be primarily occupied with an outside outfit.

• casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular
    two more gigs to go and of course time to go to work

meh, with servers about to be hit by (dare i say millions?) masses, i'd say you'll be playing roughly when everyone else finally gets in without crashing.

Cult of Arcadia sounds pretty good to me, unless there are any other contenders. CoA? Or stick with just PA?

Personally I like seeing three letters in clan tags. Feel like it fits better. The outside crowd seeing Cult of Arcadia [PA] might be confused. But on the other hand, it's useful for people who know Penny-Arcade. They could see PA, and know to find this thread here.

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    steam keeps telling me

'An error occured while trying to download Planetside 2 (no licenses)'

anyone know why this is?

Restart steam, should fix it. If not, restart computer and try again.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Biosys wrote: »
    steam keeps telling me

'An error occured while trying to download Planetside 2 (no licenses)'

anyone know why this is?

Happens with newly released free to play games on Steam. Restart Steam and try again.

• japhjaph Registered User regular
    I'm gonna give this a shot.

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    yeah that worked, tyty

i last played this in the early parts of the beta, does it run a lot better now or?

• KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Any suggestions between combat medic and engineer?
    I dig playing both roles, but in some games engie is worthless.

The difference between early beta and end beta are massive. performance is much, much more stable. AMS Sunderers are the thing to do (no more default galaxy AMS), and a lot of balance tweaks making the game and gunplay more solid feeling.

edited November 2012
    Krummith wrote: »
    Any suggestions between combat medic and engineer?
    I dig playing both roles, but in some games engie is worthless.
    Both extremely necessary. Engies are popular if you enjoy doing armor columns, or being the tank driver in your squad. Engies are also inevitably the best Sunderer drivers, since they can repair their sundy.

If you like doing infantry fighting up front, Medic. If you want to do tank / sundy driving and be essentially supportive to your entire squad, Engineer.

Truthfully, you'll want both in the end. e: for ps2 newbies, Sunderers are the ground transport vehicles. Can hold your squad of 12, has two guns, and can be a forward spawn for your faction (after certing into the AMS, it's basically required for everyone in an outfit / squad). So you park a sundy in a hiding spot near where you are pushing. Your entire faction can spawn on it and continue rushing into the enemy.

onesixty2 on
    I'll probably start as Engineer and Magrider driver (plus some squad leader stuff).

I intend to do Medic > Heavy > Light > Engineer. In order of preference for tactical stuff.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Truthfully, you'll want both in the end.
    Yup. All through beta I'd keep my engie and medic pretty evenly leveled. I'd mostly just dump points into their respective class tools since the heal pack and ammo regen really are the best thing they've got going for them. The ammo pack especially is a goddamn XP fountain in a stagnated fight.

Do we have enough PA people playing to run our own outfit? It looks more like we've got like a squad worth of doods.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    There wasn't any patching so thats nice.

But 15 minutes in the game stopped rendering infantry pretty much altogether. Before that I got 30 kills in a row.

weee bugs.

wakkawa on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    But Waterson doesn't have Azure Twilight D:

And Azure Twilight was what made Emerald VS the proest!

As an Emerald vet, GotR and XoO are of more interest to me. GotR is on Matherson, but at least we have XoO on Waterson.

I feel like Matherson might have more population cap issues.

Yea, GotR were great too, I just never ran into them much because they were way above my level of play. :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    Alright, this game looks cool. I shall download it, and join you in your merry continental war.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Meanwhile, in Battlefield 3
    http://i.imgur.com/4hz19.gif

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Not sure about Cult of Arcadia, but it's not a big deal. I can't think of something better really. It doesn't seem sciency/military enough though.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Just go with the old PA names we used in other games like Obsidian Spur or something

Or just Penny Arcade if you're dullards

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    Steam finished, launcher finishing up now. I've been wracking my brain and since the Vanu are sort of a technocult, Cult of Arcadia does seem to be the best option we've had come up so far. Booting up now! Also feel free to add me on steam. I think my steam name is Dohaeris but I show up as SniperGuy.

Cult of Arcadia founded. I'm SniperGuy. Post your name here or message me to get an invite.

Adeptus Arcadia

12th Arcadian ________

Kind of tricky coming up with names for military rather than a fantasy game. Like I said, I am not too bothered either way.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    SogekiDan, Ryke Kardine, myself, Kakos, Shiashi and others on the PA GW2 TS3 server are setting up a TR outfit called TSR (Tunnel Snakes Rule; Hooray for shitty Fallout 3 Memes) on US West server Connery. Get in touch with Ryke or SogekiDan on there for an invite and tell them your PA/Core sent you. We'll be on pretty consistently and are planning on setting up a balanced squad composition with different infantry to roll around as. We'll probably also dabble in other factions/PA groups; I know I'll be doing so.

Just if anyone is interested.

488W936.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Cult of Arcadia founded. I'm SniperGuy. Post your name here or message me to get an invite.
    I'm fine with that, fits in with the Vanu vibe imo.

in-game name: Carb0nFire

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    Corehealer wrote: »
    SogekiDan, Ryke Kardine, myself, Kakos, Shiashi and others on the PA GW2 TS3 server are setting up a TR outfit called TSR (Tunnel Snakes Rule; Hooray for shitty Fallout 3 Memes) on US West server Connery. Get in touch with Ryke or SogekiDan on there for an invite and tell them your PA/Core sent you. We'll be on pretty consistently and are planning on setting up a balanced squad composition with different infantry to roll around as. We'll probably also dabble in other factions/PA groups; I know I'll be doing so.

You should post that in the general PS thread.

I will probably make my TR guy on Connery then so I can join you guys, even if Vanu is my "main".

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

I will probably make my TR guy on Connery then so I can join you guys, even if Vanu is my "main".

Oh, I see, this is the Vanu only thread. Cheers.

I'll come play with you alien loving traitors later.

488W936.png
    Send me tells when you're on, afk for a few but I'll be around dispensing invites.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The Wangriders
    101st Cockspurs
    Arcadian Salt Miners
    Waterson's Arcadian Night Guard

wWuzwvJ.png

Oh, I see, this is the Vanu only thread. Cheers.

I'll come play with you alien loving traitors later.

I might make an alt and join you facists later on.

So Amerish is already almost entirely under Vanu control.

Carbon, you online? Not seeing you. Don't have anyone else in yet unfortunately.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Waterson Vanu name: DirtyboyXL

Connery NC name: Dirtyboy

edited November 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Carbon, you online? Not seeing you. Don't have anyone else in yet unfortunately.

Sadly no, still downloading (WOOOO AT&T DSL)

Also at work. Won't be available until after 5:30 PST :?

CarbonFire on