As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2]: Lasers for the laser god.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Getting about 1 meg/sec on Steam, I'll take it. Got plenty of WiiU to be played in the meantime....

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Yup I am glad it is F2P I go through streaks where I really love this sort of game but its not something I can justify a long term subscription to. Going the LoL style micro transactions is a good choice for these kinds of games. You WANT lots and lots of people to make use of the epic scale of the game so the lower the bars for people joining the better.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Yup I am glad it is F2P I go through streaks where I really love this sort of game but its not something I can justify a long term subscription to. Going the LoL style micro transactions is a good choice for these kinds of games. You WANT lots and lots of people to make use of the epic scale of the game so the lower the bars for people joining the better.

I just look at the free super-casual players as smarter NPCs - they keep things big and epic, but I don't expect them to contribute much to the outcomes.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    steejee wrote: »

I just look at the free super-casual players as smarter NPCs - they keep things big and epic, but I don't expect them to contribute much to the outcomes.

They also help the game from one problem that most FPS suffer from. The eventual distillation to where the only people still playing are the crazy skilled ones since the lesser skilled ones simply cannot compete. With something like planetside if they keep getting enough newbies the fights are big enough where the sheer carnage flying around helps mitigate out skill differences a good bit. I don't care how good of a sniper you are get enough noobs shooting and one of them will get you eventually.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    After that link I now have up to 670 free station cash accrued over the years somehow. neat.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, noob question time.

I see that you purchase weapons, for like 1000. But then, on top of that, there are unlocks in the class trees.

Do you have to buy the weapon and the unlock? Or does the weapon automatically unlock the appropriate slot in your tree?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    You can either buy the weapon through the store page or the cert page. Only once, despite how you purchase it (with certs or station cash).

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Man, the capture timer is stupid long still. I was hoping they'd tweak it before release. Guess ill play something else while it ticks.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular

They are sniper bait

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So is it just me or is the Vanu anti vehicle weapon the heavy starts with pretty useless against vehicles? 6 hits and a lightning tank is still over half life. Seems better used for splash damage and popping max's if they don't see you?

Also, shouldn't a lightning tank beat a sunderer in a straight up fight? Especially when the tank gets a full clip off before the sunderer even starts firing.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If they upgraded the sunderer, and you have a basic lightning, it can probably wreck you pretty hard with concentrated AT fire. Dunno though.

• Options
    pentium166pentium166 Registered User regular
    Did they fix the vehicle joystick support for launch? It sent me straight into the ground last time I tried in... September maybe?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Getting about 1 meg/sec on Steam, I'll take it. Got plenty of WiiU to be played in the meantime....

When I left to go to work today I was getting 3.2 MB/s on Steam. :P

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    After buying everything I wanted I still have 2500 station cash left.

Had 7000 after the triple points thing.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Feel free to add me, TheClapNC on Waterson.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    we got any servers for NC folk ? lets hope this doesn't melt my video card :P

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm going NC just for the sweet guitar on the loading screens.

BaronofBank on Waterson

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Played for about an hour and a half before my game crashed, it was fun. Fun but lonely.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    NC game name on Connery: Dirtyboy
    Also NC on Connery, name's BahamutZero

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    The amount of extra FPS I am getting compared to the beta is INSANE.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    For those of you who were in the beta, did you get a link in your 'Game has launched!' e-mails about some reward for having played since the beta? The link just takes me to the PS2 homepage and as I haven't downloaded the game yet, I was wondering if that redeemed something in-game because I can't see anything about it on my account page.

• Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    Stew_Stick wrote: »
    For those of you who were in the beta, did you get a link in your 'Game has launched!' e-mails about some reward for having played since the beta? The link just takes me to the PS2 homepage and as I haven't downloaded the game yet, I was wondering if that redeemed something in-game because I can't see anything about it on my account page.

I got something like that, though it's for being a PlanetSide 1 Vet. The link doesn't do anything for me either, but I also haven't logged into the game yet.

Can't really decide which server to play on. Being in Asia-Pacific the AU servers would make sense, but it seems population there is pretty low (judging from the LaunchPad server population screen, at least). I tried the EU server when I first got into the Beta and had decent populations there, then switched to US West after the character wipe but population seemed a little lower (at the times I played). Hm :|

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I can only get it to load 92% after chracter creation :( in line for connery nc got at least 10 other people im friends with who will roll NC on that server too. currently in que to log in , did a full file scan and found a bunch of missing stuff should fix my log in issues i hope.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    are cert points account-based or character-based?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    are cert points account-based or character-based?

character-based I'm pretty sure

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    So, if you're from the EU you better have been in the beta if you want to play. Great.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Anyone know if you unlock a weapon does it it unlock it for all the classes or just the one you purchased it for? For example both the Vanu Engineer and Heavy Assault can equip a NOVA shotgun, if I buy it under my Engineer's trees can I use it on my assault without paying another 1000 cert points?

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Anyone else getting Error G22 when they try to log in?

Edit: Apparently that means I have corrupted files and need to uninstall and then re-install...?

Trying to verify files via steam right now. That had really better fix it, as I don't want to have to redownload 7 gigs.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Anyone know if you unlock a weapon does it it unlock it for all the classes or just the one you purchased it for? For example both the Vanu Engineer and Heavy Assault can equip a NOVA shotgun, if I buy it under my Engineer's trees can I use it on my assault without paying another 1000 cert points?
    Weapon unlocks are for all the classes that can use the weapon - carbines for Engineer and Light Assault, shotguns for all except Infiltrator, etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Ayulin wrote: »
    Weapon unlocks are for all the classes that can use the weapon - carbines for Engineer and Light Assault, shotguns for all except Infiltrator, etc.

Awesome, thanks. That takes some of the sting out of the weapons high price tags.
    InkSplat wrote: »

Edit: Apparently that means I have corrupted files and need to uninstall and then re-install...?

Trying to verify files via steam right now. That had really better fix it, as I don't want to have to redownload 7 gigs.

I've been getting that off and on since the game went live. Waiting a few minutes tends to make it go away and let me in.

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »

I've been getting that off and on since the game went live. Waiting a few minutes tends to make it go away and let me in.

Huh. Cause when I validated the files, Steam found errors and then downloaded. Then I started the game up again and got the same error.

I guess I'll wait a couple minutes and then try it again.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    The first unlock anyone should get is the HE gun for the lightning.

100 kill streak later and its my new favorite thing.

Fired that thing into a room full of TR and got a dozen kills.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    Yep.. my install is apparently fucked. Waited, ran another validation, found 3 files, downloaded.. and instantly shuts down once I get out of the queue and I'm re-directed to a G22 error message.

Fuck.

Well, guess I'm off to bed then.

• Options
    It's not your install. It's a server thing.

Also why are foregrips so fucking expensive? 100certs.

100 motha fuckin certs.

• Options
    wakkawa wrote: »
    It's not your install. It's a server thing.

Also why are foregrips so fucking expensive? 100certs.

100 motha fuckin certs.

If its a server thing, then why does Steam find files that won't validate?

But eh. Guess I'll wait til tomorrow and try again before deleting it.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Try joining a server that isn't full and you should be able to play.

SOE is working on a fix. But anyone that spent money on boosts is probably feeling pretttttty dumb right now.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Man there is some pretty extreme player culling going on right now. I was playing in a brutal three way battle on Eisa Tech plant and the cull range was like 30-50 feet. I was harvesting people at one point and it seemed like I was basically invisible and just blasting a neverending stream of fools on my HA.

• Options
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Man there is some pretty extreme player culling going on right now. I was playing in a brutal three way battle on Eisa Tech plant and the cull range was like 30-50 feet. I was harvesting people at one point and it seemed like I was basically invisible and just blasting a neverending stream of fools on my HA.

It's pretty much broken right now. Sometimes I can see people, others times unless I am 10ft from someone they won't show up.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Well that was highly entertaining.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
This discussion has been closed.