As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - First

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited November 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    that enthusiastic gabe face

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gabe looks a lot like Mike in this strip. Think it's the teeth and the eyes...

Oh brilliant
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I like Tycho's expression at being accused of lying. It's like, "I should be surprised you fell for it, but I'm not."

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yes to this.

• Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    Aldaris_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif
    We must construct additional context to appreciate this comic.

• DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular

I didn't need any, though today's strip seems odd given last Wednesday's strip.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

They're waiting for a Wii U, right?

Oh brilliant
  • Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

They're waiting for a Wii U, right?

ohh is that out already? I thought maybe they were holding some sort of PA event or something, I guess I didn't really read the comic closely, I didn't see anyone else in the line and the setting seemed vague so I thought they were talking about a line forming to see them or something. I'll admit, they could have just as easily been standing in line for a movie or something else though.

Black_Heart on
  • Comedy RefluxComedy Reflux Web creator FlandersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    The previous news post seemed to imply Jerry did not accompany him to the store. What perversion of the truth are we reading?

Comedy Reflux on
    Banner_2.jpg
    Back after a three year hiatus!
  • jar37jar37 Registered User regular
    Something odd about the middle panel, just seems like Gabes head has slid off kilt. I thinks it's supposed to be Gabe leaning forward to look around Tycho towards the front of the line but it just looks strange to me.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    #hisnameschad

steam_sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    None named Chad shall ever rule in the North.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    No, but they briefly hung out in the South.

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    No, but they briefly hung out in the South.

Booooo.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Guys. This is a pre-Black Friday strip.

It could easily be about anything.

This is just a snapshot of the holiday culture. Waiting in line, somewhere, for sales to start. Also, Chad is gonna get trampled when those doors open.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Tycho was making smalltalk joking about their predicament and Gabe thought it was real.

No additional context is needed.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    1) This comic is hilarious

2) Robot Santa.

• MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Guys. This is a pre-Black Friday strip.

It could easily be about anything.

This is just a snapshot of the holiday culture. Waiting in line, somewhere, for sales to start. Also, Chad is gonna get trampled when those doors open.

Good. I've never met a guy named Chad that I liked.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I like how Tycho's sweatshirt is just his normal shirt but thicker and with a hood.

steam_sig.png
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    this comic is acceptable

When I worked at Gamestop, we had a regular who showed up once or twice a year for the important midnight openings. We called him "Lawnchair Guy" because he always showed up first, usually by a ridiculous amount of time, and camped out at the door in a lawnchair. For MW3, Lawnchair Guy was there a good 6 hours before the rest of the line started forming behind him.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    When I worked at Gamestop, we had a regular who showed up once or twice a year for the important midnight openings. We called him "Lawnchair Guy" because he always showed up first, usually by a ridiculous amount of time, and camped out at the door in a lawnchair. For MW3, Lawnchair Guy was there a good 6 hours before the rest of the line started forming behind him.

See I don't see why you would do this. Consoles maybe, but games never, ever sell out. Especially if you pre-ordered the thing (which if you're going to a midnight launch at GameStop you probably did). I mean, you go a little early to make sure you aren't standing in line all night, but 6 hours? That's crazy.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I love this strip so much!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Ok.

I just went into Best Buy with a friend of mine. He was returning a laptop that he purchased about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't working.

There are already people in line there for Friday. They are in tents. TENTS.

That shit should not be allowed. People should not be able to take up temporary residence for a sale event. Seriously. They need to ban tents, sleeping bags, chairs, food, and any form of comfort or luxury. If a person wants to wait in line, that person should be forced to stand. The entire time. If they can't take 36 hours of standing in one place, then maybe they shouldn't get there 36 hours early.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Some of that is just in hopes of getting on them TEEVEEs, I think. "Look at me, I'm a dumbass!"

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ok.

I just went into Best Buy with a friend of mine. He was returning a laptop that he purchased about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't working.

That shit should not be allowed. People should not be able to take up temporary residence for a sale event. Seriously. They need to ban tents, sleeping bags, chairs, food, and any form of comfort or luxury. If a person wants to wait in line, that person should be forced to stand. The entire time. If they can't take 36 hours of standing in one place, then maybe they shouldn't get there 36 hours early.

It's just electronics, dude, relax.

Henroid wrote: »
    Ok.

It's just electronics, dude, relax.

It isn't just about electronics though. It's about people prioritizing consumerism over family, loved ones, and the actual holiday, which is Thanksgiving. In the past, Black Friday sales used to be called "Day After Thanksgiving Sales."

These people who are camping out on Wednesday night for a Friday sale are contributors to the holiday creep.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yesterday I got an email from a place advertising its "BROWN THURSDAY" and Black Friday sales. Aside from "Brown Thursday" sounding like the most disgusting thing I can imagine, it is called THANKSGIVING.

• DestinPsDestinPs Registered User regular
    where can I get Gabe's jacket!?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Yesterday I got an email from a place advertising its "BROWN THURSDAY" and Black Friday sales. Aside from "Brown Thursday" sounding like the most disgusting thing I can imagine, it is called THANKSGIVING.

Brown Thursday starts 3-4 hours after the meal.

It takes its name from the poop.

KalTorak on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ok.

Free speech, man. Occupy Best Buy!

What is this I don't even.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Some of that is just in hopes of getting on them TEEVEEs, I think. "Look at me, I'm a dumbass!"
    If they make even as little as minimum wage, they better be saving at least $261 or they are being even more dumb.

steam_sig.png
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Ok.

They actually start forming the line a whole week in advance around here. If it's a week before Black Friday and you go to Best Buy, you're sure to see at least three tents set up with idiots hanging around them.