As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World War Z Audiobook?

HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
Hey folks,

Road tripping today and tomorrow. Tried to search for the WWZ audiobook in iTunes, but no dice. I found podcasts for snippets of it, but not the actual audiobook

All I have is my iPhone with me. Would love some assistance finding a link to buy this. My fiancé has never read the book, and I just made her endure 12 hours of the Zombie Survival Guide audiobook.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    You can buy it from Audible.com.

Also, just to let you know it's not the whole book, a few chapters were cut. It's still a fucking phenomenal full cast production however.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Going to agree that it is amazing, but a few stories get cut. I keep seeing it at Barnes & Noble (CD format) for about $15. I know you said you only have iPhone, but if the car has a CD player, that could work too.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Bought it on audible. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    You can buy it from Audible.com.

Also, just to let you know it's not the whole book, a few chapters were cut. It's still a fucking phenomenal full cast production however.

Agree. I would honestly be pretty indifferent toward the book if I didn't pick up the audiobook as a companion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    How is Audible.com? Is it a pretty good service?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    It was pretty easy to use from my phone. They have an app to manage your audiobooks and podcasts, but you have to actually buy the item through their site.

Too bad it's abridged. I read there's a full version in the works.

At least the voice cast will be awesome.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    How is Audible.com? Is it a pretty good service?
    Audible is owned by Amazon and is a goddamn breeze to use. There are apps available for Android and iPhones, you can send your books to your Kindle via whispersync, you can use a variety of mp3 players or just use the computer.

I subscribe which means I pay 16$ a month and get one book per month for that fee. Plus if I wanted to buy extra books beyond my "credit" book I get the "member price" which is usually 16$ or lower. It's not a bad deal if you go through a lot of audio books.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Can you buy books without subcribing for the monthly fee? I think that might be what turned me off on it before.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Can you buy books without subcribing for the monthly fee? I think that might be what turned me off on it before.

You can, they just cost more. I think WWZ was 24$ non member and 16$ member.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I listened to the whole thing a long time ago on Youtube

edited out link - think that might actually be against the rules.

Afty on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Audible is a fantastic service. I cannot recommend it enough to someone who likes audio books.