As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This week on XBLA: Marathon: Durandal (and some chess or whatever)

13»

• Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    People are probably getting motionsick because of the really low FOV stretched across the screen. I noticed playing the demo that it felt like my view was zoomed waaaay in.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of achievements, I'm definitely missing the jokes in a lot of them. Like a 0g achievement for being a member of the "7th Column," which I unlocked playing a match in multiplayer. A lot of the achievement descriptions make little to no sense, like Vidmaster, the description of which seems completely unrelated (I can't think of what it is right now, but it's rather confusing).

Sounds like a viral achievement, which are always 0g due to MS being scared that a game won't give it out correctly..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    any game that gives me sea sickness I will not buy. ugh

edit - my camera bob is off but i still almost puked. something to do with how fast everything is moving.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Marathon gave me massive headaches/sickness when I played the demo years ago. I never got the attraction either.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    any game that gives me sea sickness I will not buy. ugh

edit - my camera bob is off but i still almost puked. something to do with how fast everything is moving.

People were saying that having it on made it better, not off.. wasnt it?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Marathon gave me massive headaches/sickness when I played the demo years ago. I never got the attraction either.
    Man. Marathon gives me headaches. Bad, bad headaches.

That just makes it forbidden fruit. Delicious, hurty fruit.

Seriously though, those achievements are awesome. The "7th Colum" one comes from the "5th Colum" of Communist spies supposedly waiting to assist in the takeover of the U.S. It's "7" because of the obsession Marathon gamers had with the number "7" bearing some signifigance in the story.

It's why you occasionally see people say "Tru7h".

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    it kinda makes me feel all badass and hardcore that i can play this without keeling over. Extreme gaming!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's not extreme unless you are vidmastering it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I am unfamiliar with your terminology, good sir

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Don't be a spazeroid, play it the real way.

http://marathon.bungie.org/vidmaster/

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    whoah.. i have no idea what that even is, but i'll try it out when i get home from work.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Actually, in reference to Vidding, is the old Level Select dialog still around in the 360 version?

I'm guessing that, if it is, it'll disable achievements other than the Vid one, if that's how you truly get it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Patches7o9Patches7o9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Actually, in reference to Vidding, is the old Level Select dialog still around in the 360 version?

I'm guessing that, if it is, it'll disable achievements other than the Vid one, if that's how you truly get it.

It doesn't look like it is.

And holy crap the last room is insane on Total Carnage. I can kill all the Pfhor and Hunters but by the time I get down to the Juggernaut I usually get taken out by his fire attack. Time to try again.

Edit: SUCCESS!

Patches7o9 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Why are the ticks so fucking huge.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    People are probably getting motionsick because of the really low FOV stretched across the screen. I noticed playing the demo that it felt like my view was zoomed waaaay in.

I already said that.
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    I'm thinking most of the motion sickness is actually a result of the extremely low FOV, not the camera bob.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    thats odd I've never heard of anyone getting motion sickness from this game before...i don't even feel it at all. I played it when it was on the mac though i've got all 3 games, it's pretty awesome on the 360 just wish more people would play online games...it's rare i find a game to play thats ranked, the survival thing is cool though, i hope they release infinity and marathon one as the DL content. To bad they didn't do multiplayer like they did marathon one multiplayer on the mac, I remember you could include aliens to spawn to, so you could have a makeshift coop survival mode

Dixon on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seriously though, those achievements are awesome. The "7th Colum" one comes from the "5th Colum" of Communist spies supposedly waiting to assist in the takeover of the U.S. It's "7" because of the obsession Marathon gamers had with the number "7" bearing some signifigance in the story.

It's why you occasionally see people say "Tru7h".
    I think the "Make someone pay" achievement is my favorite :)

mrflippy on