As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Cookie Brigade - $17,650+ for Child's Play - You rock East!

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    JimmyWild wrote: »
    At Prime i heard this guy going off about how unsanitary it was to get cookies from a stranger. And how you can't trust some stranger to do little things like wash their hands. I gave him the WORST look i could manage and he shut up. Then i nom nom on my cookies while staring at him. It was a good moment. :D

Told my husband this story and he had some funny comments to send at that guy.

We''ll be back for another round of baking and distribution. New cookie cutters to use and special treats to be made.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    At Prime i heard this guy going off about how unsanitary it was to get cookies from a stranger. And how you can't trust some stranger to do little things like wash their hands. I gave him the WORST look i could manage and he shut up. Then i nom nom on my cookies while staring at him. It was a good moment. :D

I like to kill people like that with kindness, or humor. Sometimes it works to sway them, other times it doesn't but amuses the people around them. "Wait, you've got me, yes I am here attempting to poison everyone in the name of charity and sick children. *hangs head in mock shame*"

There was one guy last year in tabletop who was particularly loud and obnoxious about how I was trying to poison people. I spent the rest of the time in tabletop giving out "Poison Cookies of +10 gaming fortitude".

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Who's doing her PAX East thing this year? This girl! Oh yeah. No dumb family holiday crap to keep me away. Screw that noise!

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I'm interested in helping distribute. Signed up on the webpage. Pretty sure if I baked cookies, then people could legitimately say we were trying to poison them, so I'll stay out of that arena.

Menolly07 wrote: »
    Who's doing her PAX East thing this year? This girl! Oh yeah. No dumb family holiday crap to keep me away. Screw that noise!

Yay! Glad you're going to make it Menolly!

I'm going to be doing a test run this week of something new for east this year. I'm going to try and make some flavored chocolate space invaders to go with the hard candy.

• supercarrotsupercarrot Registered User new member
    n00b here. (although not new to PAX, nor child's play) i'll be baking some vegan cookies (since i was never able to partake as a mere attendee, so i'm sure there are plenty of other attendees who would require vegan cookies) yay!

8-Bit Brigade's Charity Raffle for Child's play
    (Winners chosen October 28th, 2012. 60+ prize sponsors, some very rare items up for grabs, every dollar helps.) <3
    http://8bitbrigade.com/ChildsPlay2012
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Figured since I can't Enforce due to being Canadian I may as well distribute if I can!
    I've never heard of this restriction, would it be possible to get more info?

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Headhunter wrote: »
    Figured since I can't Enforce due to being Canadian I may as well distribute if I can!

The requirements for being an Enforcer for PAX East 2013 have not yet been released, but last year it was required that all new Enforcers had to be legally authorized to work in the US. If you need more info, please email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    There's no way I'm missing the con this time around, and that said I'll be baking a bunch of cookies for the Brigade. <3

UyhWici.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Just went through the applicants for the Cookie Brigade site. Everyone who has applied should have received a message.
    If there's anyone who got denied and feels it was in error, please pm me.
    At Prime i heard this guy going off about how unsanitary it was to get cookies from a stranger. And how you can't trust some stranger to do little things like wash their hands.

If anyone is legitimately concerned about this, think of us like a bake sale. Do you ever buy goodies from community bake sales? We're the same thing. :)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    It's like I can taste the cookies right now.. it's like they're actually in my mouth!

#WhatDoesItMean

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I ate a half chocolate covered pineapple chunk in the shape of a star last night, and it made me think of PAX cookies. Is it March yet?
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Headhunter wrote: »

The requirements for being an Enforcer for PAX East 2013 have not yet been released, but last year it was required that all new Enforcers had to be legally authorized to work in the US. If you need more info, please email pax_questions@paxsite.com
    Will do, thanks.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    It's like I can taste the cookies right now.. it's like they're actually in my mouth!

#WhatDoesItMean

You know, I can't even begin to answer that in any sort of publicly appropriate way.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Vapok wrote: »

#WhatDoesItMean

Probably means you're taste buds are reminising the awesomeness from last year.

I've been dying for another @punzie oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    ErickaJo wrote: »
    I loved baking and distributing last year, and I look forward to doing it this year. I can't be the only one that looks at a new cookie recipe and considers how well it would fit the needs of a CB cookie.

I totally do this, although I think I am pretty much locked in to Katamari cakeballs at this point since people are starting to know them and ask for them. Not that I mind that, they are a blast to make! And I like having a "thing" at PAX. :)

And of course it goes without saying I'll be joining the squad again in 2013. :D

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    I think I am pretty much locked in to Katamari cakeballs at this point since people are starting to know them and ask for them.

Yes! I've still not had one. Do want.

HI3789R.png
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular
    COOKIES!!! This sounds great! I am heading to the cookie brigade site to register now. Would love to be a part of this!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    punzie wrote: »
    I think I am pretty much locked in to Katamari cakeballs at this point since people are starting to know them and ask for them.

Yes! I've still not had one. Do want.

yes and I still haven't had one of your chocolate chip oreo cookies! we must make sure to make time to exchange this year!!! :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Amoeba Amoeba Registered User regular
    I totally would love to help out! I'm going to register and check it out!

I can make some really cute TARDIS slice&bake cookies :D

• d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    Some of us are pretty loud, so if you hear someone yelling "HEY... WHO LIKES COOKIES?!?!" you can be pretty sure there is at least one or more of us around.

• MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to spending almost as much money on cookies as I do liquor during the barcrawl, again.

• zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I love the cookie brigade and the donations you raise for Child's Play. Truly awesome.

Look for me at east '13 @ enforcing main theater hopefully (most likely annoying dya) - I'll have a nice donation set aside for child's play

P.S. - Keep being awesome

zeromyst on
    CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I want to help - I can bake delicious treats like nobody's business.

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I finally got a cookie scoop! This will make my life SO MUCH EASIER.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Just a reminder to everyone, we verify all applications to the Brigade website and sent PMs to the users here to ensure you aren't a nefarious spammer coming to post terribly written adverts for suspect medications. After you apply please make sure to keep an eye on your PMs here and reply when you receive one.

If you applied and have not heard from someone and it has been longer then 1 week feel free to contain me, or @Punzie here to get it sorted.

We only deny applications for people we can't verify. And it doesn't mean you've been rejected from the Brigade, it just means we couldn't verify you were a real person. ;-)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I finally got a cookie scoop! This will make my life SO MUCH EASIER.

You will never go back. It is my secret weapon! (Well, now not-so-secret weapon...)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    cooooookkkkiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee sssssssssssccccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppp!!!!!!!

I lovseses yyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited November 2012
    For anyone who didn't watch Desert Bus over the weekend, the cookie Brigade donated to their list of amazing auctions. Our 1-year cookie of the month club went for over $700 :D

zerzhul on
    HI3789R.png
  • eBrady913eBrady913 Registered User new member
    I am an avid baker and rather new to the PAX realm (PAX Easter was my first) but my husband has been every year since it moved East. This year, it happens to fall on my birthday weekend! Anyway, I would love to have an excuse to bake cookies and would even be willing to distribute! I joined the aforementioned site but as a non-poster, haven't heard anything back in the 20 minutes I've been looking :)

Responses to applications are done by real people, not an automated system. You won't receive a response until an admin has time to check and respond to new apps.

HI3789R.png
  • freekamafreekama Registered User regular
    Cant wait!! already planning on doing some bawling cookies!!

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I've somehow managed to recruit my aunt and my father's fiance to bake cookies for me to bring along, too! I was wondering if any of the distributors remember gluten free cookies being requested in the past years? I'd love to make something like that, since gluten intolerance seem to be fairly common.

UyhWici.png
  • craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    Every year I donate, lol I NEVER find the one with vegan cookies! THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    I've somehow managed to recruit my aunt and my father's fiance to bake cookies for me to bring along, too! I was wondering if any of the distributors remember gluten free cookies being requested in the past years? I'd love to make something like that, since gluten intolerance seem to be fairly common.

Yes, there is demand for gluten free.

fss_overall.png
    We try to make sure we have treats for people with any sort of dietary concerns (gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, sugar-free being the big ones). We do have a thread on the Cookie Brigade site to try and keep track of what people are making. This helps make sure we get all our specialty cookies covered :)

HI3789R.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i'll be bringing my ginger snaps again this year ... last time i brought extras and the guys at the behemoth booth loved me lol

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Wonder if bacon cookies will be as in demand this coming year. I'd also entertain the idea of doing straight-up chocolate-covered candied bacon. NOM.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    Wonder if bacon cookies will be as in demand this coming year. I'd also entertain the idea of doing straight-up chocolate-covered candied bacon. NOM.

don't know if want

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    Krissta wrote: »

I had people straight up throwing money at me at East for the chocolate covered bacon.

So yes, I was actually going to try and make some myself.

• chlsebrzchlsebrz Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Gluten-Free Rice Crispy Squares will travel well on the train so I may participate this year to raise some worthwhile funds for Child's Play!

This discussion has been closed.