As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2 TERRAN]We mostly shoot the shit now. Sometimes Vanu.

CorehealerCorehealer The ApothecaryThe softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in MMO Extravaganza
AvPpWJWCQAAQz4C.png:large

zoSdm.jpg

J5Xqw.jpg

This is going to be a bit bare bones for the time being; I'm making a Terran Republic thread for the TSR (Tunnel Snakes Rule) PA outfit on Connery US West so as to get us more exposure and offer our growing group as an alternative to the purple hippies on Waterson.

Do you like spraying bullets? Do you like having art direction that isn't boxy or schizophrenic? Do you like peace and loyalty and borderline fascism? Do you like cookies? If so, that last part pending successful field service, come join the Terran Republic; the original Auraxis Empire from Earth seeking to crush all the blue morons and purple nerds you can swing a Carv at. We need to regain contact with the homeworld and crush all opposition if we are ever to taste the sweet delicious cookies of brutal dictatorship again!

24118690.jpg

Our guns shoot the most, our tanks roll the fastest, our armor looks the coolest and our characters all sound prepubescent, much like all the other not Vanu anime characters! Though you wouldn't know it by our announcer; he's basically Sergeant Hardass. You can't go wrong with our guns, unless your far away and don't compensate for recoil.

We use the GW2 guild's Teamspeak 3 server, since it has plenty of room, and in game VOIP, when we are using pubs for cannon fodder. Info from that thread below (disregard GW2 related stuff):

Server IP: 66.135.59.185:9999
Password: pa
Admins: Corehealer, Entaru, Draygo, Enig, Geod

The below spoiler contains the Penny Arcade Guild Wars 2 Teamspeak FAQ, written by Draygo for everyone's convenience. Please refer to it for any queries regarding the GW2 PA TS3 setup. Server seats 100+ people and everything you want to know about it can be found below or by asking Draygo, as he put it together and has been hosting these servers for years.

Q) Where do I get it:

Download teamspeak here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
You can get teamspeak for windows, mac, and linux. As well as your Ithing and your android, if you so prefer.

Q) Cool, I installed it, now what?

Now you must connect to our totally awesome server. In order to do that you must first run teamspeak. Then hit Connections at the top. Select Connect.

connections.png

Now you must enter the server details:

Server Address: 66.135.59.185:9999
Nickname: Your forum or In Game Name
Password: pa

server.png

Q) What does the banner in the top right do?

PAthread.jpg

The community thread banner when clicked on will open the most recent guild wars 2 thread on penny arcade.

Q) How do I add a class or race icon next to my name?

You do this by right clicking yourself, put your mouse over server group, then left click any of the categories named with the race or class you want to choose. You can uncheck them at any time to remove the icon.

Q) Who are the server admins?

They are Draygo, Corehealer, Entaru, Geod, and Enig.

Q) So is there a skin/theme for this?

totallyawesomets2.png

Yes and you can download it from our lobby. Right click the lobby, and select open file browser. You will see the installer file at the top. Download and run that file to skin your client.

filebrowser.png

In order to activate the theme/skin you need to go to settings->options, and click design on the left.

theme.png

Then select Theme and change it to PA Guild Wars 2.

Q) Who made the theme?

Draygo did.

Q) How do I change my name?

Right click yourself and select change nickname. You can do this at any time. Do not change your name to impersonate an admin.

Q) What rules can I expect?

Don't be a dick. No personal attacks except 'silly goose', forum rules apply. If it is not appropriate on the forums, it is also not appropriate in teamspeak.

Q) Someone is breaking the rules, or is being disruptive, but no server admins are online. How do I complain.

First, I hope you can all be gentlemen and resolve disputes by yourselves. If someone is being a dick, you can fill out a complaint. Right click someone and click make a complaint. Do not abuse this feature. If 5 people complain about one person in a short amount time, that person will be temp banned from the server. Do not abuse this. Admins will see the complaints that lead to the temp banning and will be unhappy to fix it.

Q) Can I make my own channels?

Yes!
Teamspeak is setup that you can make your own channels in any of the major channels (Except Admin HQ, Lobby, and Afk, for obvious reasons) First enter the channel you want to make the sub-channel in. Right click the parent channel and select, create sub channel. You can enter a name, even a password, as well as set any description you want. After you create the channel, make sure the Audio Codec selected is high enough audio quality.

Right click the channel you created and click edit channel. Click the audio tab and increase the Quality slider. Also decrease the latency slider to reduce lag time. Quality 7, latency 1 are the recommended settings.
These channels are temp only, when the last person leaves them they are automatically cleaned up.

channel.png

channel2.png

The person who created the channel is the op of the channel and can kick people from the channel (not server). So if you created your own channel and want to remove someone, you can password protect it and remove the troublesome individual.

Q) Is there an overlay plugin?

Yes. There is a built in overlay plugin. To enable it, select settings then plugins. Check the teamspeak overlay plugin and then click settings on the bottom to configure it. Here you can configure any color of each of the elements, as well as transparency settings. I recommend you change the input settings to enable mouse polling, and change the initialization mode to minimal. Minimal mode only displays the one person who is talking, the other mode displays everyone in your channel even those that are talking.

Q) Does teamspeak work with my G15 keyboard.

Yes. There is a plugin for that. Pretty easy to configure again settings->plugins, and enable the G15 keyboard.

Platoon Officers:
Corehealer
Ryke
LambdaKnight (Kakos)
Sharkweek (Sonork)

Anyone in our outfit can invite, but the above people will be around the most to help. You can most consistently find us in the lower channels of the TS3 server, where you can also ask for an invite. We've been rolling faces pretty consistently over the last week as a small group, and with your help we can begin to take on larger ops without relying on the zerg and pubbie platoons as much. Sign up today and drop into the fight!

shooter-mmo-games-planetside-2-terran-air-screenshot.jpg

FOR THE REPUBLIC!

And for anyone wondering why we're the Tunnel Snakes and we Rule:

E2G4w.jpg

It was Kakos and Ryke's idea. Also Shiashi because ROLL OVER DAT LIBERATOR TOO FAT WOOP WOOP.

488W936.png
Corehealer on

• Options
    casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Bring it on, my purple rain is coming in hot

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    We are online now and gearing up to stomp faces on Esamir. Bring it!

488W936.png
  • Options
    BastableBastable Registered User regular
    Our guns shoot just fast enough that I need more ammo. Some time being in NZ I'm the only tunnel snake, having to execute pleb republicans for not supplying me with ammo so that I may single-handedly destroy all the enemy sunders. So many justice executions required

We need more for the TR in order that I have a pool of people to hand feed my grounder missiles so great justice can be done.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    TR can use their tank cannons as makeshift ladders.

http://imgur.com/a/6CYte

For the Republic!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that is amazing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    We do that shit all the time. I'd like to see a Magrider do that.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    OH GOD! OH GOD A CLIFF!

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    I have betrayed the TR and am now part of the Vanu outfit in the other thread. There just wasn't enough people on in this one to feel like we're working together.

• Options
    MrDelish wrote: »
    I have betrayed the TR and am now part of the Vanu outfit in the other thread. There just wasn't enough people on in this one to feel like we're working together.

Hence this thread.

488W936.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Well, the Vanu outfit is fielding a platoon, but in my (limited) experience the TR outfit is slightly more tactical, albeit on a squad scale rather than platoon scale.

TR being my second-choice faction doesn't hurt matters. I will definitely continue playing on Connery with you guys in addition to playing Vanu on Waterson.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Enig wrote: »
    Well, the Vanu outfit is fielding a platoon, but in my (limited) experience the TR outfit is slightly more tactical, albeit on a squad scale rather than platoon scale.

TR being my second-choice faction doesn't hurt matters. I will definitely continue playing on Connery with you guys in addition to playing Vanu on Waterson.

Indeed, all our PA brethren running Vanu or NC are more then welcome to hop in and join us on a periodic basis; we do run a tactical group with all the sunderer/squad beacon support and gunship runs you'd expect. It makes capping smaller bases and establishing footholds in larger ones much easier and more fun.

We mainly just need a few more coordinated bodies for platoon stuff so we can counter the particularly vicious Vanu outfit on Connery and cap the big bases. Entaru has successfully started to stream our ops apparently, and I'll be sure to take more screenshots.

In a perfect world everyone would be on one server or able to redeploy cross server so as to spice things up. As it is, I'll keep the door open here for TR Connery.

488W936.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I made a TR bro on Connery to learn/practice reverse thrust in a mozzy (easier to see thrust direction compared to the scythe), but I'm not adverse to jumping on and shooting some mans or whatever. Dude's name is Imprecise; I'll hit whoever up next time I'm on with him.

Also, and don't tell my purple homeys, the TR MAX has a much higher baditude visual factor than our lumpy monstrosities.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Cool; and yes our MAX is pretty slick compared to lobster hands. My only gripe is the chaingun feels weak in comparison to the other 2 MAX default anti infantry guns, even up close.

Should have some peeps on tonight, and some us including myself use Steam so you can tell if we're on through that.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    For some reason the built in twitch streaming doesn't save the streams to the saved video section sadly. I'll either need to find a way to change that or do it the more traditional way.

• Options

I had considered it but I really like the tsr crew.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    If this game didn't already put my machine through its paces I'd probably try streaming using my Xsplit license instead of the built in stuff.

WTB more core support.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    I'm going to run some tests with ffsplit tonight.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I made a TR bro on Connery to learn/practice reverse thrust in a mozzy (easier to see thrust direction compared to the scythe), but I'm not adverse to jumping on and shooting some mans or whatever. Dude's name is Imprecise; I'll hit whoever up next time I'm on with him.

Also, and don't tell my purple homeys, the TR MAX has a much higher baditude visual factor than our lumpy monstrosities.

We see all, heretic!
    Vanu Max is crap...adding the visual armor helps, though

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    I might have to settle on a stable 480p stream because 720p kills the wife's ability to watch netflix. :lol:

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    For some reason the built in twitch streaming doesn't save the streams to the saved video section sadly. I'll either need to find a way to change that or do it the more traditional way.

They disabled it because they weren't certain if they could handle that much data. They said they will enable it if possible.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

They disabled it because they weren't certain if they could handle that much data. They said they will enable it if possible.

This means I have no ringtones to post of Kakos throwing himself off a cliff.

You have no idea what you're all missing out on.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

OH GOD A CLIFF!

?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Bastable wrote: »
    Our guns shoot just fast enough that I need more ammo. Some time being in NZ I'm the only tunnel snake, having to execute pleb republicans for not supplying me with ammo so that I may single-handedly destroy all the enemy sunders. So many justice executions required

We need more for the TR in order that I have a pool of people to hand feed my grounder missiles so great justice can be done.

Wrong faction,@Bastable!

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »

OH GOD A CLIFF!

?

Variations thereof for a good 3 minutes, yeah.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Cool I rolled a TR on connery so Ill try and jump in with you guys in the next couple of days. Still have no idea what im doing for the most part but im getting pretty decent at running people over with a tank...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cool I rolled a TR on connery so Ill try and jump in with you guys in the next couple of days. Still have no idea what im doing for the most part but im getting pretty decent at running people over with a tank...

We'll show you the ropes and drop you into the action. TR guns are also the best guns to spray bullets at close range with.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    These guys are the bestest, and my aim is the worstest.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kaliyama wrote: »

Wrong faction,@Bastable!

No my good sir you are in the wrong faction as my faction has the colour red.
    Red the scientific colour of danger, justice and larger phalluses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW15BSxQqVE

For the people!

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Stryker43 wrote: »
    These guys are the bestest, and my aim is the worstest.

We don't need aim with all the rof we have. I keep killing our invisible infiltrators as a one second burst to a misidentified head is all it take for red on red.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ktKJioeIB0&feature=player_detailpage#t=220s

Bastable on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Cool; and yes our MAX is pretty slick compared to lobster hands. My only gripe is the chaingun feels weak in comparison to the other 2 MAX default anti infantry guns, even up close.

Should have some peeps on tonight, and some us including myself use Steam so you can tell if we're on through that.

Man what? Our (Vanu) MAX default infantry guns feel like dogshit. I don't know if it's due to their kind of slow rate of fire, weak damage, or inaccuracy but I can't ever seem to get a kill with them. Now to be fair, I haven't unlocked any second guns for it yet so maybe that helps things but so far with just one it sucks. Just one AA gun is pretty good though.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Was fun driving the emergency backup bus for gally funtimes tonight (until I ctd'd)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    0725147ECC9C716F27CEB67F62DC298E37A44617

I got to drive a Galaxy tonight; one part suicidal gunship, one part fat whale taxi. I look forward to certing more into it and seeing them promote the Galaxy as more then just a bullseye in the sky one way trip. I love driving them while giving orders and getting those delicious squad deploy and gunner bonuses.

488W936.png
  • Options
    RykeRyke Registered User regular
    Join up. Get pitted. Dunk mans.

- TSR

XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Apperently they're adding squad only AMS to the Galaxy which will be awesome. I was sad I had to hit the sack just when the air bus was getting off the ground but the Martini started to hit me kind of hard.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ah yes, TSR. We are quite sexy aren't we? Also giraffe camo is the best camo.

And then this happened.
    7rLaw.jpg

8bRpX.jpg

Wv6ie.jpg

S84ZV.jpg

9pIjc.jpg[/spoiler

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    RykeRyke Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    snip

Don't pay any attention to that. It's just swamp gas.

XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • Options
    Also I quickly slapped this together. Not the cleanest thing around.

E2G4w.jpg

The actually logo comes from a t-shirt I think.

If anyone feels like taking a swing at it themselves here are the pieces I used.
    HozZ0.jpg

y8t5h.jpg

• Options
    We're online now and kicking ass if anyone is interested.

You might even see a flying sunderer. Chances are it'll be Kakos going over a cliff though.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    zoSdm.jpg

Been having too much fun with this stuff!

edit-

Here is a quick NC version.

J5Xqw.jpg

Axen on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I tried out a TR for a few minutes last night when my server was offline.
    It was fun, but man, how do you guys stand that music? It's like this super cheesy orchestra stuff, but not the good kind of cheesy.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg