As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a Buffy thread for us uncultured heathens / MetroidZoid can't click on any spoilers :D

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited November 2012 in Social Entropy++
Into every generation a Slayer is born.
One girl in all the world, a Chosen One.
One born with the strength and skill to fight the vampires,
to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers.

buffy-sched.jpg

But hey, it isn't just about the Slayer.
Everyone loves the Scoobies, too!

Buffy1b.jpg

And some pretty fun villains (Big Bad or otherwise):
buffy10.jpg

tumblr_m0m427juAz1rn0z27o1_400.jpg

Buffy-Dracula.jpg
Also some dreck...
Adam(buffy).jpg

Also acceptable: Angel/Firefly/Dr Horrible discussions.

:bz :bz :bz

nevillexmassig1.png
neville on

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I accept full blame for this. Also is that Antonio Banderas third one down?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I really should finish watching this sometime

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I accept full blame for this. Also is that Antonio Banderas third one down?

Cue @Redeemer to resurrect and kill you.
    No.
    I don't know who you mean, but no, it is not Antonio.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Aww man, I love me some Antonio ... so your official verdict is this yes movie never happened?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    Ignore the movie. Watch the series.
    Even if you don't like the first season (though it has some very good episodes), watch to the second.
    If you do, I guarantee you won't stop. :bz

nevillexmassig1.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    let me post something here that is everything that is wrong with Joss Whedon

http://fillingsilence.tumblr.com/post/22712341323/oh-hi-bandwagon-mind-if-i-jump-on-you

and before you say I can't blame him. I do blame him. completely.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »

Can we talk about Dollhouse?

• But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I watched this show when it was still on the teevee. I liked it because of the pretty ladies, which was my primary reason for enjoying any live action television at that age (probably, like, ten? ish?). My lady and I started watching it on netflix a while ago but then we got distracted by... some other show, which we have also since been distracted from by another other show thing and possibly several more. We're bad at finishing stuff I guess.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Aww man, I love me some Antonio ... so your official verdict is this yes movie never happened?

Movie? What movie! There never was a movie.<_<

>_>

Never happened.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    Whyther wrote: »
    Whyther wrote: »

Can we talk about Dollhouse?

Yes, you may!
    My friend wrote an essay in a book about Dollhouse; it is quite good.
    Also while I am 99.99999% gay, I definitely have a "thing" for Eliza Dushku :bz

He's also a "Whedon Scholar" (I.e. he got his masters on english writing with a focus on Whedon's works and its impact)
    Mock if you will, but he's smart and extremely well-read.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I remember liking the movie. I definitely remember a few funny lines at least.

edited November 2012
    hold on

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I read the Buffy and Angel comic series that continued from where the shows left off a few years ago and then stopped because they were pretty bad.

For the hell of it I picked up a recent copy the other day and saw the intro blurb talking about how Buffy was a robot but didn't know it and now she isn't and Kennedy was a prominent character and I put the comic back on the shelf.

DodgeBlan wrote: »

http://fillingsilence.tumblr.com/post/22712341323/oh-hi-bandwagon-mind-if-i-jump-on-you

I'm not sure what you're blaming Joss for here.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    oh my gosh I forgot how 90s Buffy was

it's still a great show though

ALSO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gNUmJROzwM

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif

On second read, I don't know what your point was.
    Was it that someone liked Joss Whedon a lot?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Buffy's already onto Season 9 isn't it. Those comics are strange.

4484-7718-8470

ALSO:

I love that episode (and the songs) to death, except the demon's stuff was just "meh" to me really.

nevillexmassig1.png

On second read, I don't know what your point was.
    Was it that someone liked Joss Whedon a lot?

James Gunn is friends with Joss Whedon. Joss apparently named Gunn on Angel after him. Also Joss recommended him to direct Guardians of the Galaxy for Marvel.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Welp, I guess I've got nothing better to do while I work on my satan thing

But seriously, what is with Cordelia's boobs in the OP

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

ALSO:

I love that episode (and the songs) to death, except the demon's stuff was just "meh" to me really.

really? I thought the demon's stuff was the best one (except for Giles' Sting-like melody)

wY6K6Jb.gif
    fact: Giles is still the best

Oh man! This thread just reminded me of a really embarrassing childhood memory. Thanks thread!

I recorded the musical episode and brought it to a friends house for a big sleepover thing and tried to get everybody to watch it and nobody else thought it was fun and I got hella grumpy and then years later wrote a run on sentence about it on the internet.

ceres wrote: »
    Welp, I guess I've got nothing better to do while I work on my satan thing

But seriously, what is with Cordelia's boobs in the OP
    I just noticed and started giggling.

And yes, we can definitely discuss Angel.
    The whole thing with Doyle, why he left the show, etc is something I really want to know more about than I've been able to read, but I understand it is really hard for the actors/Joss.

Also the fact that Andy Hallett died a few years ago is awful. I loved the shit out of Lorne. :-(

nevillexmassig1.png
    Oh man! This thread just reminded me of a really embarrassing childhood memory. Thanks thread!

I recorded the musical episode and brought it to a friends house for a big sleepover thing and tried to get everybody to watch it and nobody else thought it was fun and I got hella grumpy and then years later wrote a run on sentence about it on the internet.

You have made a new friend.
    Lets be(e) friends!

:bz :bz :bz

nevillexmassig1.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

And then a moderator came and told you that you just reminded her how fucking hot she thinks Janeway is.

Angel was also fucking dope

I'm still a bit bitter about how it ended

but damn, it had its moments

the puppet episodes

wY6K6Jb.gif
    angel-puppet-with-fred-gunn-and-wesly.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Yay!
    I left out the part about trying to sing along.

:bz

Also, Christian Kane (Lindsey McDonald from Angel) is awesome and in a band and is quite a good singer.

I kept hoping there'd be a musical episode, but David Boreanaz clearly spent all of his D&D character points in being hot and ZERO in singing.
    His renditions of "Mandy" are... painful. :S

nevillexmassig1.png

And then a moderator came and told you that you just reminded her how fucking hot she thinks Janeway is.

but only after she ditched the weird bun haircut

the puppet episodes

I'm a bit bitter, only because of what they had planned.
    The way it actually went down was pretty baller.

Also
    I almost cried when Fred died / became Illyria.

Summary: I am a boob.

nevillexmassig1.png
    edited November 2012
    double boob'd.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    Angel left me with a whole lot of bitter in general. I spent all this time really wanting to like it, but Freddie, and then that whole thing with Freddie, and then that ending.

Yeah.

Fucking Freddie. She was so amazing in Dollhouse, though, just from start to finish.

I can totally see why you feel that way but she's way more of a role model type person in my head.

I liked Dollhouse when it wasn't about Eliza Dushku

sorry Neville

but only after she ditched the weird bun haircut

True story: I used to fantasize about Janeway and 7 of 9 getting it on in a shuttlecraft. I was the nerdiest high school kid ever.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

the puppet episodes

I'm a bit bitter, only because of what they had planned.
    The way it actually went down was pretty baller.

Also
    I almost cried when Fred died / became Illyria.

Summary: I am a boob.

What did they haveplanned?

Quire.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I thoroughly enjoyed the show Angel. I especially loved the ending.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Look, a role model who would look awesome in shiny leather corsets and thigh-high boots is still a role model