As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Random PAX-related stories

13»

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I had some guy offer to buy me a drink at Las Margaritas. I'm not sure who he was, or where I met him, and he seemed to have alterior motives.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    etoychest wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    I like to wear my I AM SAMUS shirt around because people will mistake me for Samus. Last year some people were like "Are you Samus?" I said "Yes, I am Samus." "Does Samus want some gin?" He hands me a shady Dairy Queen paper cup. I say "...Samus doesn't drink gin." He says "I thought Samus was taller."

I guess I should be glad that I didn't bump into you on day one while wearing my "I Scored With Samus" shirt. THAT..would have been awkward. :)
    Oh... Oh gosh. :shock:

I'm very afraid now. If I ever see you I'm gonna drop a power bomb and run a way.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    etoychest wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    I like to wear my I AM SAMUS shirt around because people will mistake me for Samus. Last year some people were like "Are you Samus?" I said "Yes, I am Samus." "Does Samus want some gin?" He hands me a shady Dairy Queen paper cup. I say "...Samus doesn't drink gin." He says "I thought Samus was taller."

I guess I should be glad that I didn't bump into you on day one while wearing my "I Scored With Samus" shirt. THAT..would have been awkward. :)

I'm very afraid now. If I ever see you I'm gonna drop a power bomb and run a way.

It's ok. I can guarantee he's harmless. Plus he's got a gosh-darn cute southern accent.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    The moral of this thread:

Most stories about PAX are creepy and we should keep them to ourselves.

Doc on
  • Options
    Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:

Most stories about PAX are awesome and will commence the revolution.

Fixxed.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:

Most stories about PAX are awesome and will commence the revolution.
    Revised for truthiness.

Fixxed

Officer on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Club PA forums > Mod forums

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    etoychest wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:

I'm very afraid now. If I ever see you I'm gonna drop a power bomb and morph-ball away.

fixed

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Taramoor wrote:

You lead a creepy life.

Quoted for truth. I also got accosted by crack-heads/lunatics three times on the streets around the Meydenbauer. Although the guy who quoted scripture to me and my friends was creeptastic, I'm giving top honours to the guy who followed me for three very empty, quiet blocks, randomly screaming at the sky, power lines, and street signs.

And yes, I'm a moron to walk back to the hotel by myself from the mall after dark.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    ZartanZartan Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    My craziest story- Almost getting arrested for trying to grab a free shirt, that the guy from privateer press was handing out, off one of the support beams for the overhang while waiting in line on firday.

Thanks to those who picked me up to grab it. :P

and randomly meeting 4 people from my guild while eating at jack in the box

Zartan on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Also if you were that guy that took teh pictures of me diong it put them up someplace or send them to me, id liek to get them

Zartan on
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Zartan wrote:
    My craziest story- Almost getting arrested for trying to grab a free shirt, that the guy from privateer press was handing out, off one of the support beams for the overhang while waiting in line on firday.

That was awesome dude, i was like two people behind you.

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Zartan wrote:

Yeah, I was the guy who had the cane, but sadly it didn't do the trick! I was sad, but gladly Cloud was there with his mighty Buster Sword.

Officer on
  • Options
    SpySpy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    On saturday night, Me and one of my buddies just got insanly drunk on wine (its a good buzz :P ) after the Mario kart DD tourny, Came in about 10th. Anyways, got drunk and just wondered around for hours around the city...its like a ghost town down there at night. We some how met this girls on the street and they showed us a bar not before we went swimming in a fountain. Kinda gross.

One thing i missed doing but really wanted to was hit up guitar hero never played it.

Spy on
    Twitter - @SpexAndSuits
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Annoying PAX moment: Come back from the Saturday night concert, find Spook and a bunch of other CCSTers in the Hilton business center with a couple laptops and a projector set up for some gaming.. hang out there for a few hours. Head back to my room, only to find it absolutely PACKED with... I still don't know who. Had to sleep in my car, which was significantly colder than I was hoping for.

Fun times from that same night: Watching everyone get frustrated with Spook's game (Civil Disturbance) cause they were trying to solo a mission designed for 4-8 people. Though I still think the AI is a little TOO smart in that game.

I especially got a kick out of watching Frontalot do it. After that I would guess he's not normally a big fan of FPS games.

Yuritau on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Zartan wrote:

Privateer press? I thought it was Technomancer.

Either way, I was the skinnier one of the two guys helping you get that shirt. :D

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Zartan wrote:

Either way, I was the skinnier one of the two guys helping you get that shirt. :D

yah your right it was the technomancer press, don't know what i was thinking.

Zartan on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Yuritau wrote:
    Annoying PAX moment: Come back from the Saturday night concert, find Spook and a bunch of other CCSTers in the Hilton business center with a couple laptops and a projector set up for some gaming.. hang out there for a few hours. Head back to my room, only to find it absolutely PACKED with... I still don't know who. Had to sleep in my car, which was significantly colder than I was hoping for.

Fun times from that same night: Watching everyone get frustrated with Spook's game (Civil Disturbance) cause they were trying to solo a mission designed for 4-8 people. Though I still think the AI is a little TOO smart in that game.

I especially got a kick out of watching Frontalot do it. After that I would guess he's not normally a big fan of FPS games.

I probably saw you there. I was the extremely tall guy with a shaved head.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Yeah I saw you around a few times. I was in the room when you pointed out the "forumers to watch" thread, too.

Yuritau on
  • Options
    Tony HellmannTony Hellmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Zartan wrote:

It was Technomancer Press. Our photographer got the whole thing on film. Check it out: http://www.technomancer-press.com/pax2006.html

--Tony

Tony Hellmann on
    Tony Hellmann
    CEO, Technomancer Press
    http://www.technomancer-press.com

Check out TerraDrive Live...its happening at PAX, and everyone's playing
  • Options
    SylvanbabeSylvanbabe Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Another time I was hit on was during the late night Smash Bros party in the Hilton. Some guy walks in and says, "HOLY CRAP, an Asian chick!" I say "Yes, my name is Asian chick." He says. "Are you legal?" I say "Yes, I'm legal." He says "You wanna go for a drink?" And I say, "I don't drink." And that seemed to completely confuse him cuz he just stopped.

I was there, too!

I wasn't hitting on you, though.
    I hope you thought I was a gentleman.

To be fair, I wasn't hitting on her...

I was just suprised an asian girl was there is all.

I invited everyone for drinks.
    Ah, I normally assume someone's hitting on me when they ask me if I'm legal. S'okay, Tom, I was (and still am) too tired to be offended :P

I remember Superjoe. And I remember Doc! I looked over his shoulder and caught a glimpse into the ethereal world of the mod forums. It was like peering into another dimension. I couldn't comprehend what I saw.

You looked over doc's shoulder? I didn't think it was possible. Actually, I was in there too watching the secret mod forums as everybody asked if they were on the forumers to watch list. Did anybody from that room actually make it down the hall to Sealab for drinky goodness. That party was out of hand and kept moving between 221 and 227 to confuse the security guy who kept trying to shut us down (no he did not succeed... ever!)

hehe definitely the best part was the journey to the next hotel where the cops showed up!

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sylvanbabe wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Another time I was hit on was during the late night Smash Bros party in the Hilton. Some guy walks in and says, "HOLY CRAP, an Asian chick!" I say "Yes, my name is Asian chick." He says. "Are you legal?" I say "Yes, I'm legal." He says "You wanna go for a drink?" And I say, "I don't drink." And that seemed to completely confuse him cuz he just stopped.

I was there, too!

I wasn't hitting on you, though.
    I hope you thought I was a gentleman.

To be fair, I wasn't hitting on her...

I was just suprised an asian girl was there is all.

I invited everyone for drinks.
    Ah, I normally assume someone's hitting on me when they ask me if I'm legal. S'okay, Tom, I was (and still am) too tired to be offended :P

I remember Superjoe. And I remember Doc! I looked over his shoulder and caught a glimpse into the ethereal world of the mod forums. It was like peering into another dimension. I couldn't comprehend what I saw.

You looked over doc's shoulder? I didn't think it was possible. Actually, I was in there too watching the secret mod forums as everybody asked if they were on the forumers to watch list. Did anybody from that room actually make it down the hall to Sealab for drinky goodness. That party was out of hand and kept moving between 221 and 227 to confuse the security guy who kept trying to shut us down (no he did not succeed... ever!)

hehe definitely the best part was the journey to the next hotel where the cops showed up!

weren't you a little busy at that point? :wink:

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    yeah busy getting away from the crazy guy threatening to kill people!

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Sounds like I missed a hell of a party.

Waz on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

You don't know the half of it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Also strippers.

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Care to fill us in on the other half, or is this deemed classified? :D

Also, while not a huge story or anything, 8bit pictochat war upstairs in Las Margaritas. :)

Polago on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Also strippers.
    No strippers just drunken half dressed slut. very drunk. you pretty much saw everything. very drunk.

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2006
    Sylvanbabe wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Also strippers.
    No strippers just drunken half dressed slut. very drunk. you pretty much saw everything. very drunk.

Very drunk and wearing a one inch long skirt

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    You mean her hairband fell down around her waist?
    Attractive.

Waz on
  • Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    PolaGo wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Sylvanbabe wrote:

Wait, what?

Care to fill us in on the other half, or is this deemed classified? :D

Also, while not a huge story or anything, 8bit pictochat war upstairs in Las Margaritas. :)

Oh, crap. Is that what I'd walked in on? I'm rather apologetic for launching straight into penises, then.

Sidenote: I'm not entirely sure what would be more detrimental: Having that quoted out of context, or in its current context.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I'm sure this crowd can find a new context for that quote that would be much worse than anything mentioned thus far. I'm sure this crowd could do that very very easily..

Yuritau on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    You mean her hairband fell down around her waist?
    Attractive.

that reminds me of a time i picked up this awesome looking hairband off of my friends floor (dragons and stuff) "hey can i borrow this hairband?" "that's not a hairband it's a shirt".. i can imagine having the same conversation with this girl...

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
This discussion has been closed.