As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Website that makes Christmas ornaments?

ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
As the title says, I need help finding a place that will help me make Christmas ornaments for this year. And I don't mean any normal "here's a ball, we put some special text on it for you" type ornament, either.

Long story short, I presented a ridiculous idea for an ornament to my cousin, who is a Republican and a Georgia Tech fan. I told her I would find her an ornament that had the yellow jacket and Romney high fiving each other. It's stupid, but it made both of us laugh and I want to see if it can possibly be made my someone out there.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Anything can be a Christmas ornament if you put a hook on it. Look into scultpers/other artists locally or on etsy and see if you can find someone who could make something.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    That's a fair point. Thanks.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    A 3d printing service could also do what you want, I suspect. Only one I know of off hand is shapeways.com, but I've never used one to shop around and know the best ones. Would require some modeling skill on your part, though, I think they require you to upload the model for a custom piece.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I think you're easiest path to victory is to cobble this together yourself. Find a Yellow Jacket statuette or ornament (seems like Google is turning up some with him at least giving a thumbs up), and also find another one that just has a man of some sort giving a high five. Break out some model paint and make the man look more Romneyesque, glue 'em both down on a platform, stick a hook on it.

• Options
    NanaNana Fuzzy Little Yeti Registered User regular
    I think wonderpug's idea is probably your best bet. You could also try laser-cutting instead of 3d printing, it is a bit less pricy. I have friends who have used this company: http://www.ponoko.com/

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8688-4581