As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skin Bleach?

Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
Is any of this stuff safe? I have a brown scar from a zit that's rather conspicuous that I'd like to conceal.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I've never looked into it and don't know the answer to that particular questions, but there are other things you can do depending on how bad it is. Sometimes consistent moisturizing is enough to make those go away... in my experience, at least. And if you have the money/insurance/whatever, you may be able to ask a dermatologist what's best. Sometimes they can prescribe things, and if there is a safe skin bleach they'll know what it is.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    Skin whitening products are most often - total scams. A dermatologist can help you with a blemish, but I mean..think about it - if we were able to control skin pigmentation with a topical cream, we'd have NO use for makeup.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Very true. Thanks guys.

• Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    Scars will fade and shrink over time also as the body finishes the long term repair work. Not the most helpful answer, especially if it's a conspicuous scar, but a true one.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NanaNana Fuzzy Little Yeti Registered User regular
    If you feel self conscious about the scar there is nothing wrong with covering it up or making it a bit less conspicuous with a bit of concealer.

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8688-4581
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    I have used in the past a German product called "Drula" for skin bleaching (had acne when I was young).

http://www.amazon.com/Drula-Bleaching-Whitening-Lightening-Cream/dp/B00570NPZ0

There is also product made from the Rose hip seed oil called Rose Mosquea used for better healing of scars. My wife was prescribed this by her doctor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_seed_oil

Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Alternately, my hand surgeon recommended using products with silicone to reduce the appearance of my scars post-surgery. There are a bunch of patch/bandaid type products, but also some gels designed to do this specifically, I've seen them at Walgreens

Usagi on
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    Skin bleaches work…but they’re for making brown skinned people look whiter. Not gonna reduce a scar.