As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OOC Star Wars: Rise of the Jedi

HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
edited January 2013 in Critical Failures
12 years have passed since a young rebel pilot, Luke Skywalker, saved a fledging rebellion by destroying the first Death Star over Yavin IV. As Skywalker grew in his abilities with the Force and became a Jedi Knight over Endor, so did the rebellion swell until it blossomed into the New Republic over the very same forest moon.

After the Battle of Endor, the New Republic quickly swelled in size with the defection of many sectors yearning for freedom from the tyranny of the Empire. However, many others remained loyal to the Imperials, and a bloody war ensued for nearly a decade after. By 12ABY, both sides realized there was nothing to be gained in continued fighting, and an uneasy truce was brokered by the Hutt Government. Now, the New Republic and the Empire have an uneasy peace...with both powers conducting proxy wars via local governments across several planets. One could assume this cold war could someday blow up into another galaxy-spanning conflict again, though many leaders on both sides do not want that to occur.

Amongst all of this, Luke Skywalker, now a Jedi Master, has returned to Yavin IV to rebuild the Jedi Order. After only a couple years, he has graduated his first class of Jedi Knights, who will be the first generation of peacekeepers throughout the galaxy. The New Republic will come to rely on Luke and his Jedi to combat the coming shadow hanging over the galaxy.

LukeSkywalker-1.jpeg

What is this?
This is a Star Wars Saga game set in the New Republic Era, nearly 9 years after the Battle of Endor. In this version of events the Empire and New Republic have formed an uneasy truce after years of fighting with little changes in borders, with the Hutts as a third government of its own. A lot of the stories from this timeline I am disregarding, but may borrow characters from if I think it fits my needs.

Players
@Klivian
@Sakutian
@ArcanisTheImpotent

Basic Game Rules
*34 point buy.
*Books: Core rulebook, Clone Wars, Rebellion Era, Starships of the Galaxy, Galaxy of Intrique, Scum and Villainy, Galaxy at War, and Threats of the Galaxy.
*Most races are available, but if you choose an Ewok I will cut you. I don't mean cut you from the game, I mean I will find you, and cut your flesh with a blade-like object.
*Please use orkos or invisiblecastle for rolling
*We're flexible with posting, but once a day is preferred.

Questions for your characters:

1. How do your characters know each other, and how long have they been acquaintances? Naturally, the master/apprentice will have some history (though I can tell you now it won't be a long history, maybe a year at best).
2. What does your character think of the other members of this party?
3. How did they come to be a jedi or be involved with Jedi Academy (if they're a non-Force Sensitive)?

Reminder on what characters I want:

1 newly minted Jedi Knight - CL 8. (8th level taken must be Jedi Knight, you may do what you wish for the other 7 levels, but remember to meet the requirements to take that level in Jedi Knight).

2 Level 4 Jedi Apprentices, OR 1 Level 4 Jedi Apprentice + 1 Level 5 Another Class. I will let you guys decide how you want to do this. I definitely want at least ONE apprentice for the jedi knight character. The 3rd player may choose to either be a second apprentice, or they can be something else...perhaps a pilot that the Jedi Academy employs, or a noble who wishes to aid Master Skywalker and his new Jedi Order...whatever really. I'll leave that up to you. Jedi Apprentice will be level 4. Non-jedi can be level 5.

I'll leave it up to you guys to choose characters and determine how they know each other. Once we get that all hashed out, I'll get this thing going!

IC: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/171634/ic-star-wars-rise-of-the-jedi#latest

camo_sig2.png
Heir on

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    I see that you mentioned the Hutts, this pleases me Heir.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    Yeah, after I wrote up my initial gameplan, I realized "Oh man, the Hutts. No way they've picked a side yet." They're playing both sides in typical Hutt fashion.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    very excite!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    so i have the character mostly done, i'm just trying to decide on the mechanics; should i go with my slightly more aggressive cuisinart build or a more defensive oriented build? @heir, @sakutian? what do you all think?

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    also i was hoping sak was going to make an apprentice, alas

• Options
    My vote is for defensive...but then again I've always liked builds like Obi-Wans from Ep III.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    another question: are you going to implement retraining at all? i'm hesitant to make a few character selections given that some options i'd really like (form powers) are unavailable at this time

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm not totally against making an apprentice, but Klivian came up with a solid concept and I thought it would be good for us to have one non-Jedi. Besides I was already your apprentice once upon a time.

I keep toying with this one idea for a Jedi engineer, I did a medic last time so I thought it'd be fun to try something different this time around.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I submit for your approval Jad Murv, Sullustan Jedi of the New Order.

SullustanJedi-GH.jpg

Backstory
    As an infant Jad Murv was discovered in the ruins of her familie’s former home on w world devastated by the Clone Wars by an Iktochi Jedi known as Ukrin. Sensing the force potential within the baby and knowing that she would not be able to survive on the decimated world Ukrin decided to bring her to Coruscant where she could be trained as a member of the order. Before he reached Corurscant the Iktochi witnessed a compelling vision of himself handing his young charge over to a family on Bespin. He chose to trust in his vision and the will of the force changing his course heading for the gas giant.

Ukrin found a family of Sullustans living on Bespin just as he’d seen in his vision and he entrusted the baby into their care. Despite her Jedi protectors best intentions the war came to Bespin soon after he left and the earliest years of her life were spent in huddling for safety as the CIS droids and the soldiers of the Republic battled for control of the planet.

Throughout her youth Jad worked aboard her adopted families mining ship harvesting the valuable tibanna gas found on Bespin. She proved herself to be an exceptionally skilled pilot and mechanic despite her youth. However when their tiny ship was caught in the wake of a powerful storm system all hope seemed to be lost until a second ship swooped in to save them. Once they’d reached safety Jad’s parents offered their rescuer their deepest thanks only to realize that they had been saved by none other than Luke Skywalker.

Master Skywalker had been searching the galaxy for potential recruits to join the new Jedi Order and he offered Jad a place among them. Out of gratitude and curiosity Jad agreed to leave Bespin for the first time she could remember and join the Jedi. However her time in the temple has inflamed her curiosity about the rest of the galaxy and the force. These distractions have hindered her ability to master herself as she trains to become a Jedi knight.

Stats
    Jad Murv
    Medium Sullsastan female Jedi 3/ Scoundrel 2

Init +11 Senses Darkvision, Perception +9
    Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Sullestese
    Destiny Force 7

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 13), Fort 13, Will 15
    hp 49; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
    Melee (unarmed) +5
    Melee (lightsaber) +5 2d8+3 damage
    Ranged (blaster pistol) +8 3d6+2 damage
    Base Atk +4 Grp +8
    Atk Options
    Special Actions Expert Climber, Heightened Awareness

Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Char 16

Talents Block, Elusive Target, Spacehound
    Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Training (Mechanics), Skill Training (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons, starship weapons)
    Skills Initiative (+13,) Perception (+9), Pilot (+13), Knowledge (Physical Sciences) (+9), Use the Force (+10), Mechanics (+9)

Possessions Blaster Pistol, Concealed Holster, Lighstaber, Long-Range Comlink, Robes, Security Kit, Tool kit

HP Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3809361/
    Starting Credits Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3809407/

Questions
    1) I'm thinking that she hasn't known either of the other characters for very long before the start of the game. Perhaps a passing familiarity with them from meeting in the temple but I don't see a lengthy history between them.
    2) Deeply curious and impressed. Beings who have seen so much have a wealth of experience and information to offer the relatively sheltered Sullustan.
    3) I feel the backstory answers this one well enough.

I think this character brings some valuable toys to the table for the party, and it gives me a lot of fun options as we go on. It gives the party a pretty solid pilot, as well as someone who can use starship weapons effectively. She can also repair anything they might need patched up. I like how open she feels because I can see her taking many, many paths depending on the story we have.

Heir I might have fudged your original idea but if you want me to modify Jad I can do so. I thought she worked far better as an impure Jedi though.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Probably won't have retraining Arc.

Sak: Impure Jedi definitely works, no worries there. I know I said a Jedi Apprentice could only be CL4...but I think this should be fine.

@Klivian hopefully will get something up today. I should bug him.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Good to know Heir, I figured the Scoundrel levels would be ok as they don't make Jad too overpowered or anything.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    One thing to reiterate, since Arc will be playing the Jedi Knight, anyone else who has a character with levels in jedi is assumed to be his character's apprentice.

And one modification on starting level. If you choose to multi-class as a Jedi Apprentice, and at least TWO of those levels are non-jedi levels, you may go with a CL 5 character.

Sak's character sheet is a good example of this. Two levels in Scoundrel and 3 in Jedi.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KlivianKlivian Registered User regular
    I'll stick with my Duros Jedi apprentice concept
    I think the Duros will instead be an Indiana Jones type character. He's a bookworm to be sure, but basically a jedi artifact hunter. No stranger to the seedy underworld artifact trade, knows his way around abandoned ruins, speaks/reads some archaic languages, etc. Always ready for the next dig and looking for the "big find" that will restore power to the Jedi Order.

I'll crank out the stats tonight.

• Options
    I guess Arcanis is going have two padawans trailing around after him. Hope the force is with him.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Since Arcanis and Klivian are playing aliens I'm thinking of changing my character's race to human. If that is a problem I won't do it though. I just think you need at least one human in a Star Wars game.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    tumblr_mcrry24IRM1r3kvzio1_1280.jpg
    lolcleavage

Aira Cordi

normally i would wax poetic and make a fairly elaborate backstory, but this time i am keeping it simple; she is a former slave to Jabba the Hutt and with the death of the famous crime lord she entered the galaxy at large doing odd unskilled jobs to avoid starvation. in a twist of destiny she met Skywalker again on one of his many adventures and he extended the invitation to the young Togruta woman to join his Jedi Order.

Personality

Easygoing and likable, there's one thing she doesn't abide by and that's domination of others. She also takes the Jedi Art very seriously and is constantly seeking to improve her skills against the top duelists of the emerging order. She hopes that by training two apprentices to Knighthood she proves to Master Skywalker that she is ready for the rank of Master. It would make Aira very happy indeed to rediscover and rekindle the lost arts of lightsaber combat.
    Medium Togruta Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 1
    Init +14; Senses spatial awareness; Perception +12
    Languages Basic, Devaronian, Huttese, Togruti
    Defenses Ref 25 (flat-footed 20, with Flurry 20), Fort 20, Will 23; Deflect
    hp 79; Threshold 20
    Immune +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects
    Speed 6 squares
    Melee lightsaber +15 (2d8+11) or
    Melee lightsaber +15 (2d8+16) with both hands or
    Melee lightsaber +13 (3d8+16) with Rapid Strike or
    Melee lightsaber +10 (4d8+16) with Improved Rapid Strike or
    Melee lightsaber +17 (2d8+16) with Flurry or
    Melee lightsaber +15 (3d8+16) with Flurry and Rapid Strike or
    Melee lightsaber +12 (4d8+16) with Flurry and Improved Rapid Strike
    Ranged by weapon +13
    Base Atk +8; Grp +13
    Atk Options Flurry, Improved Rapid Strike, Rapid Strike
    Special Actions Damage Reduction 10
    Force Powers Known (Use The Force +11) battle strike, Force slam, move object, surge
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14
    Special Qualities build lightsaber, pack hunter, sneaky, spatial awareness
    Talents Ataru, Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Force Harmony, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
    Feats Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Improved Rapid Strike, Rapid Strike, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons)
    Skills Acrobatics +14, Initiative +14, Perception +12, Stealth +9 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Use the Force +11
    Possessions all-temperature cloak, lightsaber, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser)

• Options
    Sakutian wrote: »
    Since Arcanis and Klivian are playing aliens I'm thinking of changing my character's race to human. If that is a problem I won't do it though. I just think you need at least one human in a Star Wars game.

Whatever you want to do man. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    In that case I would like to play a Hutt.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Grrr.

So Arc, this is my fault because I didn't word my requirements correctly, but I had intended for the Jedi Knight to not be fully Jedi in levels taken. I felt this fit thematically with the timeline and setting.

However, since I didn't make this clear at all, you're welcome to stick with what you've got. It's a good build. Up to you sir.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sakutian wrote: »
    In that case I would like to play a Hutt.

See my comment in the OP about Ewoks.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ah my mistake

you do realize that it's impossible to be a Jedi Knight at level 8 without taking levels in soldier then, right?

i know you said the build is okay but the only way to hit jedi knight at 8 with required multiclassing is through soldier

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    First off...no mistake on your part sir. I just plum overlooked that when I was typing out rules.

And you're right...I forgot about the BAB requirement, which could only be attained at Level 8 with jedi or soldier levels. Can you tell I didn't spend too much time looking at details like that? :)

Tell you what, if you choose to do some multiclassing, and want to take scout/scoundrel/noble levels, you can do level 9. It doesn't really impact the game in a significant way, and I'd rather you build out something you like thematically.

Again though, if you want to stay with your current build, it's up to you.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Question for you fellas who've GM'ed before.

How much money do you typically allow for buying a ship? Looks like Klivian's and Sakutian's characters will both be pilots...can't have you three traipsing around the galaxy in a jalopy.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rek Na'Maak
    Puzell.jpg

Background
    Rek is the second son of the head of the Na'Maak Shipping Company, a highly profitable interstellar shipper with branch offices scattered throughout the Core worlds. He received the best education at the finest schools where he developed a passion for xenoarchaeology focusing on Jedi and Sith lore.

Rek begged his father for enough credits to finance an expedition to the ruins of an ancient Jedi temple and began recruiting an exploration team. When Master Skywalker learned of the expedition, he quietly approached Rek and warned him that exploration of sites laden with Force energy was exceptionally dangerous and that only one strong in the Force should attempt it. He offered Rek the chance to study at the Jedi Academy, hoping that perhaps Rek's passion for the past could help illuminate the Jedi's future.

Rek accepted and has been studying under Master Cordi for about a year. He is often impressed by her wisdom despite her lack of formal education. He is, however, continually frustrated by her insistence on lightsaber drills and physical training which eat into time for his more scholarly endeavors.

Rek met Jad Murv when she joined the academy and began an easy friendship tinkering on Rek's starship together. Rek is first to admit that his ship was in terrible shape before she came along. Rek finds Jad's relatively sheltered upbringing quaint, but she is an excellent listener and is eager to hear Rek spin tales about the rise and fall of civilizations.

Stats
    Medium Duros noble 2/Jedi 3
    Force 7
    Init +6; Senses Perception +9
    Languages Basic, Binary, Bothese, Cerean, Durese, Huttese, Mon Calamarian, Ryl, Zabrak

Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 16), Fort 16, Will 19; Deflect
    hp 36; second wind +10/15; Threshold 16
    Immune +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects

Speed 6 squares
    Melee lightsaber +4 (2d8+2)
    Ranged heavy blaster pistol +8 (3d8+2) or
    Ranged adhesive grenade +8 (special, 2-square burst) or
    Ranged ion grenade +8 (4d6+2 ion, 2-square burst) or
    Ranged smoke grenade +8 (special, 2-square burst)
    Base Atk +4; Grp +8
    Force Powers Known (Use The Force +14) farseeing (may spend a Force point to reroll and keep better result), negate energy, rebuke

Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 15
    Special Qualities expert pilot
    Talents Dark Side Sense, Deflect, Wealth
    Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Linguist, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Skill Training (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons)
    Primary Skills , Gather Information +9, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +10, Knowledge (galactic lore) +10, Knowledge (life sciences) +10, Knowledge (social sciences) +10, Perception +9, Persuasion +9, Pilot +11 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Use Computer +10, Use the Force +14 (may reroll to sense the presence and relative location of character with a Dark Side Score but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse)
    Secondary Skills Acrobatics +6, Deception +5, Climb +2, Endurance +2, Initiative +6, Jump +2, Knowledge (physical sciences) +5, Knowledge (tactics) +5, Knowledge (technology) +5, Mechanics +5, Ride +6, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +2, Treat Injury +4
    Possessions 2 adhesive grenades, bracer computer, 4,040 credits, encrypted long-range comlink, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters,, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), heavy blaster pistol with 4 spare power packs, 2 ion grenades, lightsaber with spare special energy cell, 2 smoke grenades, sonar mapper, blank datacards, personal holoprojector, security kit, sensor pack, sonar mapper, spacer's chest, surveillance detector

Klivian on
  • Options
    I like Klivian.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    every game i've played with where the party has had a ship pretty much was a case of 'this ship looks cool' 'okay'

some GMs find a couple ships they think are pretty decent and put them forward as different choices and others just say 'here's your ship, enjoy'

• Options
    Cool.

Ok then, you guys know what books are allowed. I put Starships of the Galaxy in there for a reason. Feel free to find one you like and suggest. I know Klivian mentioned one in chat earlier.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I was looking at the Ghtroc 720 Freighter. Seems roomy... plus: escape pods!

I hinted at it in Rek's bio, but my thought was that it could be a used freighter that his father's shipping company didn't have use of anymore.

The Citadel Class Cruiser is also nifty (docks two starfighters, hint, hint)

• Options
    The Citadel Class Cruiser is very nice...though I'm not sure whether that's something you guys would have yet...it's a damn nice ship. Might be something to aspire to at some point.

the Ghtroc 720 is a good ship...slow as balls though...2 speed (starship scale)? Eesh.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    As long as it moves at the speed of plot =)

• Options
    I'm sure space combat won't come up a LOT...but since we have two pilots, you've got to know it's going to come up sometime.

Here's what I'm going to do:

You guys get 50,000 credits to buy a ship. Any remaining credits can be used to modify said ship based on the rules outlined in Starships of the Galaxy.

So if you bought a 45,000 ship...that'd leave 5000 over for possibly increasing its shields and adding another weapon. Please note the size modifier for cost...so the bigger the ship, the more you'll have to pay.

I imagine you could squeeze out a little extra shields or speed pretty easily on a 40,000 ship.

I've seen some good freighters in the Clone Wars book btw...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In an effort to give us a human I redesigned my character as a human, her backstory remains the same though. I present Berru Secune human padawan of the new Jedi Order.

289x425.aspx

Backstory
    As an infant Berru Secune was discovered in the ruins of her familie’s former home on w world devastated by the Clone Wars by an Iktochi Jedi known as Ukrin. Sensing the force potential within the baby and knowing that she would not be able to survive on the decimated world Ukrin decided to bring her to Coruscant where she could be trained as a member of the order. Before he reached Corurscant the Iktochi witnessed a compelling vision of himself handing his young charge over to a family on Bespin. He chose to trust in his vision and the will of the force changing his course heading for the gas giant.

Ukrin found a family of Sullustans living on Bespin just as he’d seen in his vision and he entrusted the baby into their care. Despite her Jedi protectors best intentions the war came to Bespin soon after he left and the earliest years of her life were spent in huddling for safety as the CIS droids and the soldiers of the Republic battled for control of the planet.

Throughout her youth Jad worked aboard her adopted families mining ship harvesting the valuable tibanna gas found on Bespin. She proved herself to be an exceptionally skilled pilot and mechanic despite her youth. However when their tiny ship was caught in the wake of a powerful storm system all hope seemed to be lost until a second ship swooped in to save them. Once they’d reached safety Jad’s parents offered their rescuer their deepest thanks only to realize that they had been saved by none other than Luke Skywalker.

Master Skywalker had been searching the galaxy for potential recruits to join the new Jedi Order and he offered Jad a place among them. Out of gratitude and curiosity Jad agreed to leave Bespin for the first time she could remember and join the Jedi. However her time in the temple has inflamed her curiosity about the rest of the galaxy and the force. These distractions have hindered her ability to master herself as she trains to become a Jedi knight.

Stats
    Berru Secune
    Medium Human female Jedi 3/ Scoundrel 2

Init +9 Senses Perception +6
    Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese
    Destiny Force 7

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 14), Fort 14, Will 14; Block
    hp 40; Threshold 14

Speed 6 squares
    Melee (unarmed) +5 1d4+1 damage
    Melee (lightsaber) +5 2d8+3 damage
    Ranged (blaster pistol) +9 3d6+2 damage
    Base Atk +4 Grp +8
    Atk Options
    Special Actions Ackbar Slash, Skywalker Loop

Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 14
    Talents Block, Elusive Target, Fools Luck
    Feats Force Sensitivity, Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Starship Tactics, Tech Specialist, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons, starship weapons)
    Skills Initiative +9, Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +7, Mechanics +7, Perception +6, Persuasion +7, Pilot +14, Use the Force +7

Possessions Blaster Pistol, Concealed Holster, Lightsaber, Long-Range Comlink, Robes, Security Kit, Tool kit

HP Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810590/
    Starting Credits Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810601/

Questions
    1) I'm thinking that she hasn't known either of the other characters for very long before the start of the game. Perhaps a passing familiarity with them from meeting in the temple but I don't see a lengthy history between them.
    2) Deeply curious and impressed. Beings who have seen so much have a wealth of experience and information to offer the relatively sheltered girl.
    3) I feel the backstory answers this one well enough.

I don't see a girl of her age having enough credits to get her hands on any spaceship, her family didn't even own anything that impressive, so I leave the choice of ship in Klivian's hands.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    the lack of form powers kills me @heir! makes me weep

i would like to scale back aira's murder oriented build but i feel naked without saber powers

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    I know man. But again, I'm looking for stuff that fits the timeline. The new Jedi order is in its infancy.

Besides, your character will most likely still be a murder machine. Yours always are. ;)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Hey Heir is my taking the Tech Specialist feat ok? And if so I might be able to improve our ship somewhere down the line.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Go for it Sakutian,

Arc, see my PM.

Kliv and Sak, up to you on the ship. I gave my guidelines. You're welcome to just buy a stock ship, or buy something cheaper and mod as you can afford.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm leaning towards the YT-2400 now. It comes stock with pretty good maneuverability and shields.
    250px-Outrider_negvv.jpg
    yt2400.jpg

Anyone have an suggestions on upgrades? We have 18k to spend from Heir's allowance, but Rek has about 30k of his own funds he can put into it.

1x Hyperdrive 15k
    Maneuvering Jets +2 DEX 10k

Klivian on
  • Options
    The Yt-2400 looks good to me. With my tech specialist feat, and assuming Heir doesn't object I could do some pretty nice stuff with the left over credits. Increase the speed by 1 square, increase the SR by 5, or increase the Dexterity score by 2 for one quarter of the ship's cost.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Works for me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but I think I could also increase the power of our ship's weapons if that is something we're interested in. Although as we are Jedi perhaps we don't want to be cruising around the galaxy in a ship that is armed to the teeth.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch