As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

1929394959698»

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Didn't realize you had to interview to join them. They seemed like decent wvwers who just happen to thrive in the current meta. I've seen large numbers of them get absolutely trounced in even number fights. I think the most fun I had in WvW was about a month ago when you, me @Dysprosius and @Anon_the_felon had a four man kill squad doing general roaming.

Yup, you have to interview, get votes to be a permanent member, etc.
    They are good at WvW, but after being in their TS for a few days.... they take the fun out of the game.

They still are pretty limited in tactics though. Portal bomb, everyone push a direction at once, and drop siege quick and organized. Oh they also have a decent tactics for clearing walls.

But like I said they made the game sound like work, halfway though the interview I sorta decided it was not for me.

This reminds me of the old EQ days. My roommate joined one of the top raiding guilds on our server and got me in there too. It was like a second job. You had to be a part of X raids per week in order to be eligible for the big ones on the weekends or whenever. They would only allow so many of each class, so I was technically competing against other paladins for a spot on certain raids, etc. Raids earned you points, so to be able to get that weapon, I needed to have and spend points on it. It's possible that someone's alt gets it over my main. I mean, it made sense when I was single, in college and passing my classes. That kind of thing today? Really not possible nor feasible. It wasn't usually fun either. I would get access to equipment that like, 0.1% of the players had access to and as soon as I got something, I'd be looking for the next big item I could get that was even better. It became a lot less fun as time went on.

this is why i could never raid. this right here.

Find a better guild.

It's just like anything in an MMO (or any organized activity). It's more about the people you play with then anything else.

The wrong people can suck the fun out of an orgy. (the right people can suck a golf ball out of a garden hose)

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    @Badwrong YOU THINK YOU CAN TWO TIME US?

PREORDER CANCELLED

DEAL WITH IT

We got fat and lazy. we didn't appreciate him anymore or make him waffles or clean the kitchen or dress up anymore. We practically told him, "go get some side."

its partially our fault.

Heh... well you don't think I'm gonna solo WvW all the time do you?

Also the problem with our tier now, is we can't really have fun in smaller groups. Even ULTD and all their poopsocking, is barely fielding enough people to do anything.

When Yaks and TC don't attack each other, they end up having enough population to defend fucking supply camps with 20+ people. Just not fun solo ya know. I put on the commander icon sometimes and try to heard the random people, but it never lasts... they see 1 person off in the distance and half of them run off to chase.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hey, check out what happened yesterday

I believe that this will drive down the prices of mats and up the prices of rare drops because now people will filter out of the dungeon, as opposed to the bot banning and plinx nerf that stopped people from farming hundreds of guys and keeping the market stocked.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

Thank you very much good sir. I was sitting on two full stacks of ectoplasm, waiting for such a "lotto punch" as this.

75 gold profit, pretty rad deal.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    YOU GUYS ARE POSTING TOO FAST.

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

HE MUST ACCELERATE HIS OP TIMING.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

Does this mean new thread?

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    @Badwrong YOU THINK YOU CAN TWO TIME US?

PREORDER CANCELLED

DEAL WITH IT

We got fat and lazy. we didn't appreciate him anymore or make him waffles or clean the kitchen or dress up anymore. We practically told him, "go get some side."

its partially our fault.

Heh... well you don't think I'm gonna solo WvW all the time do you?

Also the problem with our tier now, is we can't really have fun in smaller groups. Even ULTD and all their poopsocking, is barely fielding enough people to do anything.

When Yaks and TC don't attack each other, they end up having enough population to defend fucking supply camps with 20+ people. Just not fun solo ya know. I put on the commander icon sometimes and try to heard the random people, but it never lasts... they see 1 person off in the distance and half of them run off to chase.

I suspect part of this is the tagging and loot system in WuvWuv is so terrible the only way to get alot of kills/badges/etc is to zerg rush small groups of players and hope for the best.

Have I mentioned how badly WuvWuv incentives seem to be structured in some places?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Well they have acknowledged that Wuvwuv needs some work and have said that it's one of the main things they are working on right now.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

It's also fun to take a look at other ventures people are taking with investments. Nothing like seeing the supply for sticks of butter go from 900k to 9k in 2 days time. The price tripled in that time as well. I assume now is a good time to sell your butter, unless you think it'll be needed/used for the event.

One note, when you read forums, official or otherwise, that talk about someone saying they are investing in X, Y or Z because it should make bank when the next patch/zone/event gets posted, they are probably wanting everyone to drive the supply down and price up so they can sell and make bank while everyone else holds the worthless goods.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    All this market talk is starting sound like some of the stuff I read about Eve.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So this never really clicked for me... you can throw karma weapons in the MF.... you can buy green karma weapons and throw 4 in there for a 20% chance at a rare! And upon further investigation the prices are not worth it!

I also learned that there are 0 rare quality items to buy from karma. (aside from racial stuff)

Hmmm.. There goes my monetizing karma plan!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So this never really clicked for me... you can throw karma weapons in the MF.... you can buy green karma weapons and throw 4 in there for a 20% chance at a rare! And upon further investigation the prices are not worth it!

I also learned that there are 0 rare quality items to buy from karma. (aside from racial stuff)

You could look at wvw, I think you can get rare invaders armor for karma? I know they have karma vendors in wvw and I thought they could get you weapons or armor for karma up to rare quality.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

You could look at wvw, I think you can get rare invaders armor for karma? I know they have karma vendors in wvw and I thought they could get you weapons or armor for karma up to rare quality.

Hmmm interesting proposition.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

I still feel like at this point we need our own damn (separate, private) forum to supplement (but not replace) this thread. There's a lot of good shit in here that just gets completely buried.

Think about it: a whole forum, with separate boards / threads for classes, build advice, dungeons, wuvwuv, and general bitching about updates. YOU COULD ACTUALLY FIND SHIT.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Funny you say that @Lucid_Seraph, cause someone made one and offered the idea up. Most of the other officers seemed against it xP.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Really? This thread doesn't move that fast at all.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

I still feel like at this point we need our own damn (separate, private) forum to supplement (but not replace) this thread. There's a lot of good shit in here that just gets completely buried.

Think about it: a whole forum, with separate boards / threads for classes, build advice, dungeons, wuvwuv, and general bitching about updates. YOU COULD ACTUALLY FIND SHIT.

What? So like the GW2 Wiki?

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

You can always find general bitching about updates here!

Huggles on
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    As far as the GODS situation goes, the only reason to transfer to TC, out of all the available servers in the game, is to piss off the rest of their guild still on FA. So I don't think they get to complain when their guild decides to follow them to TC and piss THEM off in exchange.

When you transfer, never ever transfer to the server currently beating yours in WvW - especially if it's going to be the same matchup for another two weeks. It's utterly classless, looks like the rankest form of opportunistic bandwagoning, and creates needless bad blood.

This should be self evident to even the most mentally negligible - that this apparently escaped the minds of the self proclaimed 'best players in GODS' makes me think the problem may not be all Derv.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Vorpal i don't agree with any of that.
    A tyrant tore a guild apart- Guys, who most likely tried to straighten the guild out for a while from the inside before finally taking the final option and leaving, left. Why wouldn't they like like a WvWvW shot at said tyrant?

People transfer 'up' constantly. Its free transfers...

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

... no? Like a forum for our guild? Where we can have conversations? Which is nothing at all like a wiki?

Also it was Corehealer specifically who was against it, if I recall.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    If they wanted to be able to kill him in wuvwuv, they should've trasnferred to YB.

People doing something constantly doesn't make it a good idea. Anyway it's not the idea of transferring up. It's the idea of transferring up while still staying in the same bracket.

That said, if their story is right and they were all the good and noble players in GODS and the rest were clueless noobs and evil lackeys of Derv, that makes me even happier that the rest of GODS is following them to a different server :p win/win for us!

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    @lucid_seraph YOUR OVERLORDS HEAR YOU.

THINGS ARE IN WORK.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

... no? Like a forum for our guild? Where we can have conversations? Which is nothing at all like a wiki?

Not so. There was more opposition then just Core and I was amongst them. A second forum will see a tenth of the traffic this thread sees and die an internet ghost town due to lack of activity.

Edit: We might want to wait for Rysk to get the new thread up before we have a discussion on it though. Just out of courtesy of not pushing the thread quickly to 100 when he's trying to get a new one up.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Upon still further reflection, Mimic's mechanics are bonkers.

It occurs over a four-second channel.
    The first projectile to hit you does full damage and becomes your Echo.
    After receiving a projectile attack, all subsequent projectiles are reflected and all subsequent other direct damage is blocked.
    ... but before that, all other damage goes through the shield unmolested.

I think things would be a lot clearer if they reworked it to:

While channeling, the next <X> projectiles are absorbed. All other damage takes effect normally. Channeling ends after absorbing <X> projectiles.
    Using Echo activates a second channel that hurls the <X> projectiles at your current target, firing one per half-second until all are discharged.

Easy!

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

RYSK BOT IS NOT PLEASED.

Not so. There was more opposition then just Core and I was amongst them. A second forum will see a tenth of the traffic this thread sees and die an internet ghost town due to lack of activity.

Edit: We might want to wait for Rysk to get the new thread up before we have a discussion on it though. Just out of courtesy of not pushing the thread quickly to 100 when he's trying to get a new one up.

Out of courtesy... or out of FEAR?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    HAven't had a guild forum / website since OS.

I think OS got lucky though that one of the founders was good on web design and had a domain available or something.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    we're gonna see how http://gw2nice.tumblr.com goes

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Please post in the other thread, and take heart; we are working on an alternative to a wiki/other forum. So we have a resource for finding shit. Worry not.

<3

488W936.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Great wuvwuv tonight, and props to whatever random dude on the GW2 official forums who suggested Tornado.

Turns out two tornadoes is a hard counter to a portal bomb (especially on a cliff).

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Tarnished Coast is scared of me.

hPqV0.jpg

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    I am not sure which moment was better, the three way in the Garrison, [twice!] the Four Treb Sandwich, or the Tornado Portal Bomb Counter.
    Or maybe TS wonking out and giving me Robo Voice all night.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    So I was strongly considering trying this as my first ever MMO. Unfortunately, it looks like the Mac version requires an Intel i5 (Windows only requires a Core 2 Duo).

Maybe later...

• Options
    Ectos and level 5 mats are all crashing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8H2FIf1oH4

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Ectos and level 5 mats are all crashing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8H2FIf1oH4

I love you forever for using a good clip.

Use the new thread, good sir.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Robot Santa, please lock this thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.