As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kid friendly minecraft server

The mindcraft comic leads into the question what features would you look for in a public minecraft server that you would let your really young kids play on?

Active/live moderators?
Logged chats?
Word/phrase filters? Customizable?
Parental controls? (play times, other?)
Ownership or other griefing protection?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    If I had kids, I'd let them play on any PA run server. The people here are pretty laid back and focus on world building (litterally and figuratively) as opposed to griefing others. Granted, I'd let everyone know who Noc Jr is and request that they watch their language while he's on (which usually isn't a concern anyway).

Just need to explain that WANG tower on ArcSyn's server is probably just someone's name >.>

At least until they're like 10 or so.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Just named after the actor for Harry Kim is all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I'd say that PA servers should be fine. Let people know that it's your kid playing, and knowing the general level of people on PA, I'd expect them to behave themselves(to a reasonable degree at least).
    Outside of running your own server, it'd probably be the easiest way to find a relatively decent server without a lot of research.

On PA the wanker/decent bloke -ratio is generally far higher than most of the interwebs, so most of these issues should be mitigated. Especially if people know its somebody's kid playing, any idiots bothering them would fairly quickly get booted/pressured to stop it.

Rhan9 on