As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BattleTech/MegaMek] Fight for Gan Singh

13»

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    That said, did you save those forces to a mul? I thought it would've given me the option when I quit, but it didn't.

I saved the game which you can load and create an MUL from I think

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh, okay then.

Man, that map setup did neither of us any favors.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Yep. I have worked 60 hours from Sunday through yesterday. I have forces in .MUL, which lets you load and play them with megamek, but I can't find a way to a user-friendly text file and it looks like I can't attach them as a file here. Can everyone PM me their e-mail addresses and I'll share? I'll then ask you to manually transcribe the units and their skills and send them to me in e-mail/PM, where I will add them to the main post. Battle Value isn't perfectly balanced and I gave combined arms forces a bit more BV, but I think it's good enough for what we're doing.

Preliminary match-up info:
    Kana against Da Moon Rulz
    Wiet against PhantZon (Phant, I gave you a mixed force, because I couldn't balance an all-tank force well and it would have overwhelmed you with units)
    Waffle Maus against Riemann
    Elldren against TiamatZ

My name...

Sorry @Pharezon, I've been playing Mechwarrior Online with a PA guy named PhantZon and my brain just ellided over those pesky nonconforming consonants and vowels in the middle of your name.

fwKS7.png?1
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Is it allowed to publically post my unit list, and if yes, would anyone be interested in me going by my list and giving an impression of their good/bad sides? We have a couple of newbies, maybe it'd help them a little on their way of picking their own forces.

XStly.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Wiet wrote: »
    Is it allowed to publically post my unit list, and if yes, would anyone be interested in me going by my list and giving an impression of their good/bad sides? We have a couple of newbies, maybe it'd help them a little on their way of picking their own forces.

Of course, that's why I asked for the unit lists in text - so I could update the OP with them. Also great idea to walk newbies through their units.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
    Oh whoops I forgot I hadn't sent the medium company to you

XStly.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Any more room?

@Satan's_Lil_Helper - at the moment, no, but i'll let you know if anybody drops out (somebody usually does) or if I need NPCs.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
    sorry about the delay. Here is the full unit info copied out of the .MUL

For the skills remember lower is better, 4/5 is normal for a professional Inner Sphere mechwarrior. Also note that improved skills greatly increases the BV of the unit.

1st FedCom 3d Company

Warhammer WHM-7S 70 Tons, Heavy, 1,477 BV
    Gunnery: 4, Piloting: 5
    ER PPC
    ER PPC
    Medium Pulse Laser
    Streak SRM 2
    Small Laser
    Medium Pulse Laser
    Streak SRM 2
    Small Laser
    Slow and massive but packing a hell of a punch both at extremely long range and up close.

Archer ARC-5S 70 Tons, Heavy, 1353 BV
    Medium Pulse Laser
    Streak SRM 2
    Medium Pulse Laser
    Streak SRM 2
    LRM 15
    Narc
    LRM 15
    Medium Pulse Laser (R)
    Medium Pulse Laser (R)
    A good bombadier mech that also can dish out decent damage at short range has has two rear facing lasers that can suprise faster mechs. An XL engine does mean it lacks the staying power of the Warhammer.

Caesar CES-3R 70 Tons, Heavy, 2178 BV
    Gunnery: 3, Piloting: 4
    Medium Pulse Laser
    ER PPC
    Medium Pulse Laser
    Medium Pulse Laser (R)
    Gauss Rifle
    Medium Pulse Laser (R)
    Despite its size this mech is extremely fragile due to its slow speed and XL engine. It needs to stay at long range to stay alive and make the most of its weapons.

Axman AXM-1N 65 Tons, Heavy, 1896 BV
    Jump Jets
    Hatchet
    Large Pulse Laser
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    AC/20
    A brutal close range brawler. It also is quite heavy for a mech that packs jump jets and it's hatchet can dish out 13 damage at point blank range (enough to take the head off any mech in the game at full armor). It is something of a glass cannon though.

JagerMech JM6-A 65 Tons, Heavy, 1548 BV
    LRM 15
    AC/2
    LRM 15
    AC/2
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    A very mediocre long range fire support mech. Despite their low damage, it lacks the heat sinks to keep firing its long range weapons for more than a couple turns without a break.

JagerMech III JM6-D3 65 Tons, Heavy, 1537 BV
    PPC
    Ultra AC/2
    PPC
    Ultra AC/2
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    An improvement on the older JagerMech, this one has enough heat sinks for its weapons and packs a bit more of a punch.

Rifleman RFL-5D 60 Tons, Heavy, 1953 BV
    Gunnery: 2, Piloting: 5
    ER PPC
    Large Laser
    ER PPC
    Large Laser
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    Definetly the worst of the many long range fire support mechs in this company. It doesn't have nearly enough heat sinks so has to fire either the PPCs or the Lasers but never both. Also rather fragile.

Enforcer ENF-4R 50 Tons, Medium, 1032 BV
    Jump Jets
    Large Laser
    AC/10
    Small Laser
    By the time this game takes place this mech is an antique. It is also an excellent all round mech. Packs a decent punch for the weight and the jump jets help it stay mobile.

Centurion CN9-A 50 Tons, Medium, 1720 BV
    Gunnery: 2, Piloting: 3
    AC/10
    LRM 10
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser (R)
    Another old standby of the Federated Suns, I think this mech will prove a bit of a liability against more advanced tech. The pilot is extremely skilled but that also means it costs more than a much more powerful mech.

Wolfhound WLF-2 35 Tons, Light, 1273 BV
    Gunnery: 3, Piloting: 5
    ER Large Laser
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser
    Medium Laser (R)
    Medium Laser
    This is a light mech that packs a hell of a punch. It doesn't have jump jets though and will need to keep moving fast as it doesn't have much in the way of armor at all.

Valkyrie VLK-QD 30 Tons, Light, 1114 BV
    Jump Jets
    Medium Pulse Laser
    LRM 10
    This mech is very light on the weapons even for a light mech (from this era anyway). I think in practice it's going to be just a mobile LRM10 using its jets to stay out of the fight. Because of the pilot I can't even take it as a cheap points-filler mech as it's quite pricey.

Fireball ALM-7D 20 Tons, Light, 443 BV
    Gunnery: 4, Piloting: 4
    Streak SRM 2
    Machine Gun
    This has less firepower than a single Clan elemental. It could be useful against infantry though.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited November 2012
    All the kvetching about "this era", Riemann! Upgrades proliferated through the houses' militaries slowly in the 3050s. It really wasn't until the 3060s that you plausibly could see line units without some older equipment. So, I wouldn't worry too terribly much about being less equipped than your opposition.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Any more room?

@Satan's_Lil_Helper - at the moment, no, but i'll let you know if anybody drops out (somebody usually does) or if I need NPCs.

@Kaliyama you should probably drop me and let santa in, I don't think my schedule is going to work out on this thing anyway. Starting to get busy again.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Sorry to hear, Kana. I PM'd him a while ago and didn't hear anything, so we have an open slot.

fwKS7.png?1
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    TiamatZ and I tried to play through our round today, but between lots of issues with MegaMek and the annoying size of combined arms forces we couldn't finish.

fuck gendered marketing
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Well, Elldren and myself tried a match tonight.

When I hosted, we got to the 2nd turn before it crashed.

When he hosted, it crashed on his 8-10th turn movement phase. We tried running from the last save. Same result every time.

Still, it was a good game while it lasted. I recommend Elldren facing off someone else just to see if it might be the connection in general that's at fault. If his is OK, then it must be mine that's at fault.

Turn 4 movement was when it stopped working. Specifically every time I selected my jump infantry

fuck gendered marketing
    I would be up for a game today or tomorrow if anyone is looking

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    TiamatZ wrote: »

When he hosted, it crashed on his 8-10th turn movement phase. We tried running from the last save. Same result every time.

Still, it was a good game while it lasted. I recommend Elldren facing off someone else just to see if it might be the connection in general that's at fault. If his is OK, then it must be mine that's at fault.

I have no compunction about rejiggering your forces if combined arms is proving buggy or unwieldy. I'd be able to rework on Monday.

fwKS7.png?1

I have no compunction about rejiggering your forces if combined arms is proving buggy or unwieldy. I'd be able to rework on Monday.

Yeah, conventional infantry seem to bug out all the time in my limited experience

Also they drag out turns like whoa

fuck gendered marketing
    Is there any deadline for the first game? Pharezon's had a busy week and I'm having a busy weekend, so we haven't been able to play our game yet.

XStly.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Yeah, conventional infantry seem to bug out all the time in my limited experience

Yeah, infantry really shouldn't count towards regular initiative. I think there's a bunch of options that change that, though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Elldren wrote: »

Yeah, infantry really shouldn't count towards regular initiative. I think there's a bunch of options that change that, though.

Yeah, inf should be moved 3 or so at a time, at the end of a turn, based on certain settings. The crashing, though, is a new one.

fwKS7.png?1