As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a good, full size, wireless mouse

My Logitech LX-7 is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I'm in the market for a new mouse. I'm not sure what to get, as there are a gazillion options out there. My requirements are that it's wireless, and that it's full size. Emphasis on that last one - compact mice and I do not get along (they cause my disabled hands to cramp up), so that's non-negotiable. I'd like it to be a Logitech, as that would allow me to share the receiver that came with the K800 I just bought, but that's more a wish than anything else.

The Performance MX looks intriguing, but the shape is concerning without seeing one in person. I'm open to any suggestions, though.

Thanks.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    As a result of my ongoing love affair with my R.A.T. 7, it would be dishonest of me to recommend any mouse other than the R.A.T. 9 to you. They're adjustable in so many ways!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I have to admit I have always been intrigued by the R.A.T. family.

The Logitech G700 is I think the dedictaed "gaming mouse" cousin to the MX, you might look at that too. If you go to a Best Buy or Staples they will probably have an MX out on display you can handle if memory serves from the last couple times I've been to those place.

• Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Razer Mamba is a decent wireless mouse. It's not the biggest moues on the planet but it certainly isn't compact.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    How do you like Logitech?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Apologies for not replying until now. I'm holding off on a purchase until I can check my local stores first so I can actually see/handle them in person, but haven't had the time to go out yet. Hopefully this coming weekend.

I like Logitech. My current LX-7 has been a no-frills workhorse for years, and I'm still enjoying the new K800 keyboard I bought a couple weeks ago. I don't think I've ever encountered a Logitech peripheral that was objectively bad or defective. Some may not be the right size/fit for me, but as a brand I like them.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    g700 sounds like it would be a good fit for you then

It's what i use and I love it

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Another +1 for the Razer Mamba, I love mine. If you can't find a Mamba to hold, try a Deathadder, it's the same basic chassis, though the Deathadder is a tad thinner because of no lithium ion battery.

e: Woops, I meant Deathadder. The Lechisis is a different chassis.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    After going to a local store, I settled on a Logitech Marathon Mouse (dumb name) M705. I'm happy I went to a real store, because I was eying the Performance MX, but that thing's a brick IRL. The M705 has a similar shape, but is more reasonably sized.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Yeah, buying mice is like buying shoes.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png