As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2 TERRAN]We mostly shoot the shit now. Sometimes Vanu.

• RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    You hear music? I hear the soothing sounds of Terran ordinance raining down on humanities traitors and terrorists! The orchestra that your ears are delighted by is nothing but the sweet sounds of victory.

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I will admit out of them all, NC get the best music.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • BastableBastable Registered User regular
    Held the crown for an hr murdering both vanu and NC, tunnels snakes taking out all the important sunders. And then suddenly we're pushing them both back by charging up hills as the rest of TR start uncapping all the areas around us.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    The next week or so is going to be rough. I have some overtime coming up, my wife's family is in town and some of them are staying with us, plus personal family issues that are ongoing with my own family might put me out of game for a week or two aside from an occasional block of time here and there.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    MrDelish wrote: »
    I have betrayed the TR and am now part of the Vanu outfit in the other thread. There just wasn't enough people on in this one to feel like we're working together.

Delish, noooooo!

edited November 2012
    If they make purchases account wide it will make it not a big deal. We could play with both groups with our unlocks.

I'd spend a lot more money with them if this were the case.

Seidkona on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    I tried out a TR for a few minutes last night when my server was offline.
    It was fun, but man, how do you guys stand that music? It's like this super cheesy orchestra stuff, but not the good kind of cheesy.

NC is kind of lame, doesn't quite match the decent guitar work of SC2's marines.

Vanu techno dubstep is decent, but... hit and miss for the most part. Not unlike their art direction.

Terran orchestra music isn't cheesy, but it is generic. But sometimes, when we are heroically winning a battle and the point's about to cap and the music starts up, I get chills just because it works so well with what's going on in the moment.

488W936.png
  • ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Well, I have been playing since it was released on steam. Been mainly running solo and we all know this game isn't really meant for that.. Just the people I rolled with don't really play much. So Thinking its time to jump ship and join you guys! So I will start working on certs and guns for a new character... Kind of a bummer to leave behind what i have done so far, but its only time right? =P

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    And here is one more for now.

iotdo.jpg

edit- I was told there was a distinct lack of snakes, tunnel or otherwise. So here is a tweaked version.

IAcrX.jpg

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Guys guys, which rifle should I be getting for my engineer?

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

The alpha and the omega of all carbines. The TRAC 5.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ryke wrote: »
    The alpha and the omega of all carbines. The TRAC 5.

Which you incidentally already have! What a glorious coincidence!

(Though I'd suggest getting the TRAC-5 S for the extra attachments. They more than make up for the minor performance hit)

fuck gendered marketing
    Bastable wrote: »
    Guys guys, which rifle should I be getting for my engineer?

The answer is always Nighthawk, though it's not a rifle. :p

Using certs to unlock x2 scope and monopod on the TRAC 5.

• ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    So before I spend certs I really have to decide if I want the trac-5s for the under barrel attachments or not.

edited December 2012
    The grenade launcher under barrel is nice, but I think right now its buggy with the ADS and it makes your sights go haywire when moving and aiming.

Hopefully they will squash that bug. So just be aware of that for now.

Ryke on
    A Tunnel Snakes recruitment poster.
    FHbQ1.jpg

Double Martini Shotgun Rush GO GO GO!

• Kruis08Kruis08 Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    FHbQ1.jpg

I was going to delete my NC Char to join up with the filthy technophiles, but now...just for this poster...I will by a government slave instead of a worker bee/terrorist.

Kruis08 wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    FHbQ1.jpg

I was going to delete my NC Char to join up with the filthy technophiles, but now...just for this poster...I will by a government slave instead of a worker bee/terrorist.
    Good show, with the amount of alcohol abuse in the unit we're obviously the penal unit of the TR.

Tunnel snakes rule.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd just like to point out that rumors of the TR being an oppressive regime are highly exaggerated. If they were so oppressive, do you really think they'd let a bunch of alcoholic shitheels like us fight for them?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'd just like to point out that rumors of the TR being an oppressive regime are highly exaggerated. If they were so oppressive, do you really think they'd let a bunch of alcoholic shitheels like us fight for them?

Yes.

488W936.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Hey I'm sick of purple and east coast servers. Can I drunkenly roll with you people?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Hey I'm sick of purple and east coast servers. Can I drunkenly roll with you people?

GET IN MAH SUNDERER! UR DRAFTED!

488W936.png
  • tehgilstehgils Is ruro/rurokenshin DetroitRegistered User regular

It never stopped the Russians.

FFXIV- Focke Wulf
  • Some_tall_guySome_tall_guy Registered User regular
    I'd like to join you guys but I'll have to dump my current outfit. I mainly play Light Assault and I am getting to be a pretty good shot now and working up my K/D ratio pretty quickly. I'm currently using the default LA gun with the forward grip and IR 1.0x scope. I must say that the IR scope is freaking AMAZING when you're up high picking guys off. Works best on whatever continent is currently night :P

Ingame is SomeTallGuy I'll try and contact you guys tonight or tomorrow.

LOL ZEALURKS
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I'm with you guys in spirit, but separated by an Ocean and about 300ms of lag. TR Briggs fo lyfe.

Mr Ray wrote: »
    I'm with you guys in spirit, but separated by an Ocean and about 300ms of lag. TR Briggs fo lyfe.

I'm playing from NZ an it's fine, pretty sure my IP is piggybacking on telestra's connection when it crosses the ditch anyway.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    This thing is still crash prone for me, I'll try again tomorrow and bug one of you for an invite then.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Anyone around to shoot me an invite? In game is Mrmojorisinn

steam_sig.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So apparently every night the map is going to become solid purple.

I think playing with a group of peeps might alleviate the frustration of dying and spawning and dying and spawning etc.

Can I join this group of peeps?

edited December 2012
    For Kakos.
    JIdJq.png

Axen on
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    So apparently every night the map is going to become solid purple.

I think playing with a group of peeps might alleviate the frustration of dying and spawning and dying and spawning etc.

Can I join this group of peeps?

We are online now and every night. Come on our Teamspeak server, info of which is in the OP, and we'll hook you up.

488W936.png
    Last night was a good night. I'm only two certs away from a full power heal gun. 100 and 500 respectively.

The only "battle plan" the Tunnel Snakes will ever need.
    fvaFk.jpg

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Because the only appropriate use of YOLO is when you're running at a Vanu gun line half blind with drunkenness.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Oh man, I already have a TR dude on Connery. WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?

edited December 2012
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Oh man, I already have a TR dude on Connery. WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?

You were drunk.

Seidkona on
    The following is a transcript of an intercepted NC communication.
    e7FTm.jpg

Truly Auraxis is a mysterious place.

I don't know why but every time we have a full squad galaxy i get the urge to pipe "Fortunate Son" over proximity.