As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

TubeTube Registered User admin
box_weirdworlds_wide800.jpg

Digital Eel is pleased to announce the re-launch of its critically acclaimed indie game Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space as a self-published title on the PC. To kick it off we
are offering the game for sale at Indiegamestand.com where you can choose your own price! After the sale, Weird Worlds will be available on Desura
soon to be followed by Steam.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a hybrid roguelike game of space adventure and starship combat set within an unexplored region of the galaxy known as the Purple Void. Each game is
an instant randomly generated space opera that plays to its conclusion in one sitting. The quirky universe of Infinite Space has enough variety to surprise you each time you replay the game.
  • Randomly generated animated star maps
  • Dozens of unique starships
  • Tons of items, lifeforms and ship components
  • A bizarre collection of alien races
  • Random events and special quests
  • Turn-based space exploration and real time combat
  • Tutorial mode
  • A combat simulator with access to all ships in the game
  • Award-winning spaced-out music and sound effects
  • Support for user-made mods

wwscreen0.jpgwwscreen1.jpg
wwscreen2.jpg

"the coolest trip across the galaxy ... a sure-fire hit that should be in every gamer's library."
- Russell Carroll, Game Tunnel

"This is what independent gaming is all about"
- Cory "Demiurge" Banks, Gamers With Jobs

"This game blew me away, and minutes turned into hours as I kept telling myself, alright, that one didn't count. Just one more round..."
- Kit Pierce, MacGamer

In 2006 Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space received the Independent Games Festival Innovation in Audio award.

Learn more about Weird Worlds, download the free demo and check out all the other Infinite Space computer and tabletop games here:
http://www.infinitespacegames.com/

Visit the official Weird Worlds Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/WeirdWorldsReturnToInfiniteSpace

• Options
    iikkaiikka Seattle WARegistered User regular
    I'm the dev and this space is reserved for my updates!

• Options
    Mr. StrangeMr. Strange Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love this game! Does it kill my indie cred that I want to wait for the Steam release?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Yes, it kills your indie cred. It's pay what you want! What more could you ask for? Besides, Desura is an awesome program that you should already have because other indie games use it. If you don't already use Desura this is a great title to start out with.

• Options
    You do actually get a Steam key if you buy Weird Worlds right now. It's not officially out on Steam so we don't have a page on store.steampowered.com yet, but you can already install and run the game.

• Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Sold.

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    I got this back when it was in an Indie Royale bundle, and really enjoyed it. Will you be able to send out Steam keys to people who'd already bought copies of the game?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    If I bought this game waaaaaaaaay back in the day, will it be possible to get a steam key? I think I might actually have a CD copy, but steam would be good.

• Options
    We'll definitely be able to distribute Steam keys to customers who bought Weird Worlds in the IR bundle, other games have done this. We just have to work out the details with Indie Royale (It'll go through the account you set up at IR). We don't have any records from our previous publisher, so we can't verify the ownership of copies sold by them - we will release a patch to update those to the current version, but that's all we can do. Hey, the Steam key is only $1 right now!

• Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    Looks like I need to spend $1, then ;)

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    EEEEEEE Digital Eel! I fucking love you guys! Great to see you striking out on your own and self publishing. Shrapnel never seemed like the best fit for you. Weird Worlds is such a fun game, and I really dig Brainpipe and Datajammers too.

EVERYBODY GO BUY THIS.

• Options
    SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Stellar game. Highly recommended.

Updated: Should mention I bought this when it was first available, and unlike many iOS games this title has been installed in every iOS Device I own since then. I still play it as a go to game on flights between offices.

Smaggler on
  • Options
    Thank you guys, it warms my heart to see people are still enjoying our Game :)

A short update on the Steam sales: Weird Worlds is still not out in the Steam store, but you will get a Steam key if you buy it on Desura in the meantime. We were approved to get on Steam just days before the IGS sale, and it always takes a while before the store page goes up. Thankfully the new "Steampipe" system let us set the game up for download immediately.

• Options
    Hi folks, I just realized I forgot to drop in and let everyone know Weird Worlds is now officially available on Steam. And it's on sale with 25% off until 3/29! There's also a brand new port for Android tablets (in addition to iPad) by Astraware, if you have one of those newfangled devices.