As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] JOE WEBB ERA ENDS

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
edited January 2013 in Social Entropy++
AN ERA MEMORIALIZED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh71pVqGKTc

6VZxH.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6WzajR2CUM

coIZd.gif

OigVH.jpg

Rest in peace, Mark "Butt Stuff" Sanchize. You will be missed by nerds posting about football on the internet, and your soft cheeks will be missed by Brandon Moore's butt.

12/5/2012

SANCHEZ RISES, TRIUMPHANT

eAnzt.jpg

12/24/12

GENO RISES, TRIUMPHANT

iqIsw.jpg

1/4/13

SANCHEZ RETURNS. JET LIFE FOOLS

1cumQ.jpg

Clint Eastwood on

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Go Bengals.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I was watching the giants/skins game on a big screen at a sports bar, and I lost count of how many times RG3 genuinely fooled me with fake handoffs.

Fuck, that was a great game.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    this is a wonderful OP

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mark Sanchez will only ever be remembered in history for ButtFumble, and there's absolutely nothing he can do to stop it.

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Seahawks fan here. Really liking our chances for some post-season excitement. We'll probably beat Arizona next week, and God willing we'll beat the bills too!

6rceun58332p.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    man, I'd honestly completely forgotten about the bills

and the rams play them this week

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I survived Victor Cruz by .5 points, barring an overnight recalculation

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    man, I'd honestly completely forgotten about the bills

and the rams play them this week

Honestly, I'm not really concerned with the Seatrolls losing to the Bills, baring some crazy botch from Russel "No, he' still not clutch" Wilson. What I'm really looking forward to is the game against the 49ers. But that game will be at home, so, maybe we'll do better this time.

6rceun58332p.png
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Hey I didn't show you guys my new button.

ab1ts.jpg

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thankfully (re @simo's assessment of the Giants remaining schedule) the Skins also have some tough games remaining (Baltimore, the Browns in Cleveland, at Philly, as mentioned home to Dallas) as do the Cowboys (at Cinci, home to Pittsburgh with Big Ben possibly back and home to the Saints in a dome stadium, and of course at Skins). I think (read: hope) if the Giants can manage 2-2 they'll win the division.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nice. In the final week of the regular season in my brother's league I managed to hop over both of the teams ahead of me (who lost, we were all 8-4) and snag a first round bye. If Dogbone would have beaten Hjorth I could have snuck back into the playoffs in Champeens but my damn team shit the bed way too much anyhow so its better off.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    VICTORY!

my bitching and moaning was unwarranted yesterday

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I bet Rex goes back to Sanchez.

I don't think he can.

Goose! wrote: »
    I don't think he can.

Rex can.

Unless he wants to definitely keep his job without question, that is.

Some dude on ESPN radio thinks Rex is doing everything in his power to keep Tebow sidelined, so he doesn't have to deal with that guy's fanbase. So if Tebow is OK to play, he will start Sanchez, bench him, and then put QB #3 in ahead of Tebow. Which is a sort of silly theory, but people go bonkers in both directions with Tebow.

Well of course he can in the sense that it is up to him. But his building up of Sanchez and shit is all show. Its just how Rex operates. He doesn't normally throw anyone under the bus. Puts all the focus and blame on him.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Some dude on ESPN radio thinks Rex is doing everything in his power to keep Tebow sidelined, so he doesn't have to deal with that guy's fanbase. So if Tebow is OK to play, he will start Sanchez, bench him, and then put QB #3 in ahead of Tebow. Which is a sort of silly theory, but people go bonkers in both directions with Tebow.

Sure is a good investment for the Jets to pay 1.1 million dollars to have a guy sit on their bench.

I actually feel bad for Tebow. For fuck's sake let the poor dude be traded to Jacksonville where a) he can be happy and b) we can never hear about him again

The Otaku Suppository on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    fuck you we don't want him either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Thanks @Bogey for making the only Fantasy league where my season's been worth a damn.

Sure is a good investment for the Jets to pay 1.1 million dollars to have a guy sit on their bench.

I actually feel bad for Tebow. For fuck's sake let the poor dude be traded to Jacksonville where a) he can be happy and b) we can never hear about him again

The trouble is the owner and (perhaps) the GM wanted him, but Rex did not.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Why would you bench someone because of their fanbase, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    In other news, I won my pickem for the second week in a row, that's three for the season!

Yaaaaay

Langly on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2012
    4-1 in fantasy this week and the only team that lost was my worthless dongers team. 1st place in 3 leagues right now!

Meanwhile, my worthless ESPN auction team pulls out a win en route to the consolation playoffs.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I've only seen two football games start to finish so far this year

honestly?

don't miss it

i think I've been totally converted to baseball

go packers!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    GET OFF MY THREAD

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Welp... if I had started demarco I would have won my $ league matchup, and been in a 6 team playoff (12 team league). Instead I'm sitting in 9th place and out of any chance at the pot. Fucking fantastic.

On the other hand, I got the top seed in my pax irc league, which has no money associated. So there's still pride I suppose.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So the AFC playoff picture is a football nerds wet dream at the moment.

New England has two tough games, Denver has a playoff game in Baltimore and viceversa.

Its fantastic

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I lost my money league by .3

I hate fantasy football.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    So the AFC playoff picture is a football nerds wet dream at the moment.

New England has two tough games, Denver has a playoff game in Baltimore and viceversa.

Its fantastic

i think the nfc playoff picture is much more interesting, the afc is mostly just seeding

afc has 2 divisions already clinched and 1 other spot clinched (and houston only needs 1 of 2 against indy to win the division), which leaves 4 teams battling for 3 playoff spots

the nfc has pretty much everything up for grabs

bugss2.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I guess I still have a one in a million chance to make the playoffs in the Donger league.

Thank goodness for the pick em, otherwise my online football adventures this year would be a total waste.

Maximum on
    edited December 2012
    RG3 still the best
    YCtWI.png

Last night's game in one picture

TaZmYl.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I wish I could appreciate this RGIII guy, but my dislike of everything NFC East related is making it very difficult.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Last night's game was great.

There's no "I" in "team" but there are five of them in "Griffin III".

edited December 2012
    Goose! wrote: »

The trouble is the owner and (perhaps) the GM wanted him, but Rex did not.

Langly wrote: »
    Why would you bench someone because of their fanbase, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I would hazard a guess at Rex's line of thought if that guy's "keep tebow off the field" conspiracy theory is correct-- Tebow stinks. The Jets cannot carry a bad QB-- look at poor Sanchez and try not to laugh while crying or cry while laughing-- the defense can't do it, special teams can't do it, there is next to no run game, etc. Despite Tebow's bizarre "the god emperor wills it" performance last year, he has a ridiculous fan base because he loves our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. He's Ned Flanders.

DouglasDanger on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Plus they are only paying a guy $1.1m right? How much has the owner gotten back from jersey sales and general interest in a team people would have written off long ago?

He wasn't brought in to play QB, he was brought in to generate revenue and interest.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Last night's game was great.

There's no "I" in "team" but there are five of them in "Griffin III".

If they could only clone him like 5 or 6 times, they would be Super Bowl champs for sure.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Xehalus congrats. You're the only team in the Slow League I didn't beat.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    there was a point in the jets pats game that would have been perfect for tebow to come in when they were at 3rd and goal on the one, but he was injured

This discussion has been closed.