As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CYOA] - The Origin of Avian Supremacy - Island Adventure!

• jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    Well, that's disturbing. The scouts definitely require quarantine for now. However, fleeing from Skull Island entirely seems pointless. We'll have to deal with this problem eventually, and I don't want to waste another action building the bridge again. I recommend setting up a research outpost, so that we can figure out how to best murder everything on the island.

016, 1, Bangcock, @

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Just noticed this.

How great is it that the tip of penis island is in the "P" section of the map. Notice from where the ice bridge is formed ;)

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    O-16, 5, Bonewood, $

Saber's vote for Bonewood was good, so I'm just gonna assume whatever the rest he was voting for was also good.

I am so lazy

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Just noticed this.

How great is it that the tip of penis island is in the "P" section of the map. Notice from where the ice bridge is formed ;)

STOP NOTICING PENISES EVERYWHERE

Just noticed this.

STOP NOTICING PENISES EVERYWHERE

MAKE ME, DAD.

• MoebiusMoebius Registered User regular
    L16
    Bangcock
    %: TO SKULL ISLAND (if possible)
    I really don't feel confortable making our slaves have a better insight than us on military, science or politics

You want the trees to go to the island with the haunted/zombie plant people and giant ominous root? Wha?

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    O16, 2, Bangcock, @

Anialos on
    O16, 2, @
    Is it possible to make the treeple tell us everything they know about any given field of research?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It is assumed that they would share in their findings. Being trees, they're a bit slow, so if you set them on researching something, it may take a little while for results.

I meant like them telling us all they knew about science before we conquered them.

OH. That.
    They live mostly off of the land, and they have shared what they know with you. They had no real need of researching other stuff.

Or something like that.

• TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    O-16, 1, Bonewood, $

I really don't want to let the treeple work on military sciences just yet. It seems like something that will lead to hilarious consequences.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I like Bonewood

I wouldn't mind melting the bridge as a free action. We scouted, and honestly I'm not sure we're ready for that.

I think we should breed (10), too. Our numbers our kind of thin.

Let's have the Treeple do our research for us, while we are busy with baby-makin'. @ is what I choose (just having '@' by itself messes up and doesn't show :( )

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    SIXTEEN

Results
    Melt the bridge (for now)
    Explore O16
    Improve on military!
    New settlement is named Bonewood
    Treeple focus on military also

Stats:
    Military Ability: 4 (+1)
    Magical Ability: 6
    Political Ability: 3 (+1)
    Scientific Ability: 2

Resources:
    Food/Water: 3
    Wood: 4 (+2)
    Minerals: 2
    Population: 85 (+7.5% every odd turn)

IMG_20121204_073044_485.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    NEW Settlement @ N18 (Magnet)
    Ex-Treeple Settlement @ N23
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    You've got wood! Well, more than you did the day before. It seems that the workers were ordered to gather resources through the night by the council. It was an unusual request but they followed through, being loyal and dependable cocks. They carried their own weight here. Everyone did.

Unknown to many others, the mages melted down the ice bridge at the request of stormcrow. They weren't sure if it was the will of the council or just his will, but they would do it regardless.

After everyone was awake, word went 'round that there would be more military training today. In the wake of what was seen on skull island everyone knew that being passive would not lead them to any success. They had fought for what they had now, and they would keep it. Villagers were encouraged to attend as always. Attendance was at an all-time high, most likely due to the gossip spreading through town about the island. The newbies were brought up to speed and some new techniques were touched upon. Most of the day was spent trying out different attack and movement formations in order to see which ones would work best in which situations. One particular favorite, due moreso to the visual appeal more than any military implication, was the "Flying V." With a strong fighter at the tip of the V and with all the other birds cawing and screeching, it was most definitely an imposing sight.

Word was sent back from the council to the newly-formed outpost. They would be called Bonewood! Also, with the treeple at their command, they should focus on military research there as well. Stormcrow was not particularly fond of all of the focus on military as opposed to magic, but he had to admit that the military was a bit lacking compared to his mage thrust. Perhaps soon the council would agree to actually spend more time on the group that won them the battle against the treeple in the first place!

Upon receiving the missive from the council, the smaller council set to work erecting a sign and worked a bit on mapping out the world as they knew it. This would come in helpful for scouts and resource gathering parties, as well as for possibly communicating with other species they met! After this work started, a liason to the treeple told them that they were to begin working on improving their military strength. The grayed and withered trees looked down at the cock silently, turned, and went to sparring with each other.

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Mass harvest larvae! (-2 wood)
    8) Make ice bridge! (from where to where) -Will melt current bridge
    9) Leave the decision to the council stand-ins
    10) Breed! (+10% population turn after next)
    11) Make houses from stone! (-2 minerals) - Takes 2 turns
    12) Other! - Specify what

Political & Treeple command
    1 turns until extra action - Choose MOVE or AN ACTION NUMBER (When the time comes)
    Treeple military research will be done in 1 day

SO, YOUR VOTE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING IF YOU WANNA BE SUPER INVOLVED IN YOUR CIVILIZATION

Exploration location
    Action Number (1-12)

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    L16, 2

edited December 2012
    L16, 4

We should get to breeding soon too.

Tiphareth on
    I'm gonna say we breed a bit now. 10

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    And the award for most direct pick-up line goes to.....

My amazing success rate begs to differ! It's never failed!

Steam profile
    My amazing success rate begs to differ! It's never failed!

Hey, I said direct, not unsuccessful!

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG

How about we upgrade our housing first, so that the bonus to breeding is higher? 11

And head towards U20. I would like a forward outpost near the new world/skull island.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Let's explore L 16.
    Also if we want to be ready to take down a giant evil plant monster, I say we Harvest some grubs

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Gonna let this run until tomorrow morning, and I'll do an update then.
    YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FORGOTTEN!

jurner wrote: »

How about we upgrade our housing first, so that the bonus to breeding is higher? 11

Is that a thing that happens?

Steam profile

jurner wrote: »

Is that a thing that happens?
    Results
    Make houses

The Giant Cocks rise with the sun. They stare out at the land around them, rubbing their stiff necks. Surely there is a better way to live? After much clucking and consternation, you all agree that some more adequate housing is definitely the number one priority for now. From sun up to sun down over many days your people work together, erecting houses high in the trees of the main nesting area. Not only are you alloted a bit more privacy, but you can have approximately 150% more birdsex in the comfort of your own home! Reproduction Rate Increase Get!

• MoebiusMoebius Registered User regular
    L16, 11

Even when fucking on water beds sounds efficient, I wouldn't mind getting some even more epic housing. The time of the year calls for Bonewood to add some strategical red and white ball-lighting signals on houses, with big yellow stars on top so citizens can find their homes easier.

SEVENTEEN

Results
    Explore L16
    Upgrade Housing - Will be complete on turn 19
    Treeple military research complete!

Stats:
    Military Ability: 5 (+1)
    Magical Ability: 6
    Political Ability: 3
    Scientific Ability: 2

Resources:
    Food/Water: 5 (+2)
    Wood: 4
    Minerals: 0 (-2)
    Population: 92 (+10% every odd turn) (+7)

IMG_20121206_073249_933.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    NEW Settlement @ N18 (Magnet)
    Ex-Treeple Settlement @ N23
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    Once again, the council sends the gatherers out in the early hours of the morning to harvest some resources nearby. There is much to be done today and every moment is needed if everything is going to get done before sundown!

The gatherers bring the food to the resource building near the town hall and deposit it. It would seem that they have enough food for quite a while! Wood is in high supply also, which is always a good thing for the cocks.

As the citizens gathered around for instruction, Averax was so happy he couldn't keep still. He had his tiny hammer in one feathered hand and was pacing back and forth driving in imaginary nails. "Gonna build! Gonna build gonnabuild gonnabuild gonnabuild gonnabuild gonnabuild yesssss." The council members looked at each other and shrugged, not exactly knowing what to say after that...whatever that was. Finally, Red Talon stepped forward. "Cocks! We have the means to defend ourselves. To defend our homes! This is not an opportunity to be squandered. By defending our homes and ourselves well, we may then devote more times to martial pursuits. We may better prepare to overcome any enemies we may encounter!" A cheer broke out across the gathered crowd. Red Talon looked back at Dark Shrike and Stormcrow and each gave him an approving nod. SirFab had a moment of realization, and ran to the center of the room. "When we do this.... that means more sex! MORE SEX! Sky Liizards be praised!" The roar of approval was deafening. Housing quality increased! You get 33% more sex than before!

Elsewhere, the treeple report back to the citizens of Bonewood that they have reached a breakthrough in their military research. They show the cocks that through a bit of exertion, the treeple can grow a viny branch that is flexible, yet extremely durable. With a bit of dexterity one can be learned to flick this vine whip in order to cause a decent amount of damage to a target. A bit more skill allows the user to bind and immobilize his target.

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Mass harvest larvae! (-2 wood)
    8) Make ice bridge! (from where to where)
    9) Leave the decision to the council
    10) Breed! (+10% population turn after next)
    11) Other! - Specify what

Bonewood
    Your village is ready for work! - Choose an extra MOVE or extra ACTION NUMBER
    Treeple military research done!

Treeple Command
    CHOOSE ONE - will be finished in three days
    !) Tell treeple to breed
    @) Tell treeple to work on military research
    #) Tell people to work on magic research
    $) Tell treeple to work on scientific research
    %) Tell treeple to send scouts - where to?
    ^) Tell treeple to work on politics
    *) Other

SO, YOUR VOTE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING IF YOU WANNA BE SUPER INVOLVED IN YOUR CIVILIZATION

Exploration location
    Action Number (1-12)

Exploration Location for second village
    OR
    Action for second village

Treeple Command (!-*)

edited December 2012
    Are the cock and treeple populations considered one in the same?
    When we breed, does the population of the treeple increase as well?
    If all the treeple die in combat, does our military strength(and whatever else we may pursue with them in the future) drop accordingly?

Kaplar on
    Are the cock and treeple populations considered one in the same?
    When we breed, does the population of the treeple increase as well?
    If all the treeple die in combat, does our military strength(and whatever else we may pursue with them in the future) drop accordingly?

No. Treeple population hasn't increased from whatever the hell they had before. Like 20 or something.
    Bird breeding only affects birds.
    When it comes time for fight, I will let you guys decide if you want to send the treeple in seperately, as part of the group, or not at all.

REMEMBER YOUR PEOPLE LIVE IN SOME OF THEM

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I16 / 1/ 10 / $

1) We should head towards more food, so that we can...
    2) Breed more. Got two villages, should increase our numbers where possible.
    3) Let's take advantage of what the Treepleslave have shown us, and construct a glorious Colosseum where they can fight for our amusement (+Military).
    4) This should have the side effect of increasing their knowledge of medicine, which we could turn into a plague or something (+Science).

edited December 2012
    Explore:I15
    Action: 10
    Second Action: 1
    Treeple Action: ^

Tiphareth on
    S20, 1, 2, ^

Hmm, so the Treeple actually have their own military score, separate from ours, which we just increased? That's probably not the best use of our slaves. I suggest we focus them primarily on science and politics instead, so that we can focus on the murdering.

S20, 1, 10, $

Populations are separate. Telling them to research something means they share it with you and helps you out. Well, it may not always help you out. If they learn how to photosynthesize better, welp...

I15 / 1/ 10 / ^

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    If they learn to photosynthesize better then they better teach us how too, or die trying.

Well, if they photosynthesize better it just means we get a "free" source of wood.