As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Luxury Cars are the Only Cars Worth Driving

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd rock a Bentley Arnage T. This is why:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=thFw1IMonoQ

Faricazy on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Whatever you do, please remember to ghost ride the whip.

This is imperative.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Orestes wrote: »
    I get to drive an Acura CSX '07, it's luxury enough for a 17 year old.

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

How did it feel to pay a few extra thousand for that badge on the front, because you didn't get anything else worthwhile over a Civic?

How does it feel not driving a luxury car? I bet it is pretty embarrassing to go to work every day.

Treeloot on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot wrote: »
    On the contrary luxury cars provide a far nicer ride than any non luxury vehicle. I am old enough to drive in fact I'm almost 19.

Go back and read what I've written. Have you ever seen a Rolls-Royce Phantom? Have you ever sat in one? It is like being at the helm of the fucking Titanic. Bentleys, Maybachs and all that shit is no better. They are all huge vehicles and are not fun to drive. Parking gigantic vehicles is a huge pain in the ass.

I have seen a Rolls-Royce Phantom on the mother fucking street. It was huge. It was amazing. The craftsmanship was unbelievable. It was fantastic.

Really I think you just need to read up on luxury vehicles.

You have never driven a large vehicle. You're just talking out of your ass for everyone to see and this makes me happy.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    are you a guido

be honest

it's important

I'm not Italian.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    On the contrary luxury cars provide a far nicer ride than any non luxury vehicle. I am old enough to drive in fact I'm almost 19.

Go back and read what I've written. Have you ever seen a Rolls-Royce Phantom? Have you ever sat in one? It is like being at the helm of the fucking Titanic. Bentleys, Maybachs and all that shit is no better. They are all huge vehicles and are not fun to drive. Parking gigantic vehicles is a huge pain in the ass.

I have seen a Rolls-Royce Phantom on the mother fucking street. It was huge. It was amazing. The craftsmanship was unbelievable. It was fantastic.

Really I think you just need to read up on luxury vehicles.

I think you need to try driving one.

I've driven my grandfather's Phantom when I was in San Diego with him. The seats were nice. Driving it, not so much. I can't even drive my step-dad's Audi station wagon without wishing I was in my $10k sticker-price Volvo V40.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

How did it feel to pay a few extra thousand for that badge on the front, because you didn't get anything else worthwhile over a Civic?

How does it feel not driving a luxury car? I bet it is pretty embarrassing to go to work every day.

I drive an Acura too you retard.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • OrestesOrestes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

I am looking forward to owning a Lexus one day, they are some nice cars.

Orestes on
    edited August 2007
    No more fucking stupid SUVs.

YOU ARE NOT UTILIZING THE SPORT, ASSHOLE!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

I am a definite fan of the Lexus. I've driven my dad's hatchback Lexus (don't know the actual specifics) a few times, it is an absolute dream.

Honestly, my ideal car is a 5-series BMW, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to drive something that gregariously affluent.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007
    Shit I drove a 2008 535xi Wagon.

That's the one with the twin-turbo six.

It's awesome.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    No more fucking stupid SUVs.

YOU ARE NOT UTILIZING THE SPORT, ASSHOLE!

"Race you to an empty tank!"

"YOU'RE ON!"

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

I am a definite fan of the Lexus. I've driven my dad's hatchback Lexus (don't know the actual specifics) a few times, it is an absolute dream.

Honestly, my ideal car is a 5-series BMW, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to drive something that gregariously affluent.

Lexus are the sporty kinda luxury. It's not that, big, clunky luxury that this Treeloot guy likes. But the modern meets comfort kinda luxury.... It's nice.

My buddy just bought a 2007 Hybrid Lexus IS or something like that. It's one nice car.

Orestes on
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

Lexus are the sporty kinda luxury. It's not that, big, clunky luxury that this Treeloot guy likes. But the modern meets comfort kinda luxury.... It's nice.

My buddy just bought a 2007 Hybrid Lexus IS or something like that. It's one nice car.
    Lexus isn't sporty. Acura is.

The only sporty car lexus has is the IS. I don't like it that much.

If it's a hybrid he either got the RX (thats the small SUV) or the big LS.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007
    are you a guido

be honest

it's important

I'm not Italian.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION

Nah I'm not a Guido. I mean I am wearing a Timex for goodness sakes.

Treeloot on
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

It's not the kinda luxury that Treeloot is talking about, which is "biggest, gaudiest, most expensive just so that people know I can". It's a stupid mindset that is only around because of a stupid western mindset. Not to be "that guy", just saying. It has no grounding or basis in any sort of logic or convenience.

I actually enjoy driving the Lexus. It handles like a dream, the interior is wonderful, it's spacious, and it's the perfect size. It's not big for the sake of big; hell, it's not big at all.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007
    these are radddd

mercedes-benz_cls63-amg_2.jpg

Faricazy on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot I love you for this thread.

Everyone should drive a fine automobile.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot I love you for this thread.

Everyone should drive a fine automobile.

Finally somebody here has some common sense.

Treeloot on
    edited August 2007
    that's the new one too

CLS63

six point three litres

five hundred and seven horsepower

Faricazy on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want a luxury vehicle.

Filler Inc. on
    edited August 2007
    But that new IS is bigger than the old one. I don't understand why companies must forever increase the size of their cars, just squeezing in new, smaller models to cover up the old ones (nissan veras, that new toyota piece of shit). The IS was a great size, just bigger than a civic with a nice engine and four doors.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    these are radddd

Except it's a stupid fucking car, which is why noone buys them. It has "coupe-like styling" which results in shit headroom for anyone in the back seat, making it, in essence, a coupe anyway. Just save yourself some doors and buy a coupe.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    my parents have a mercury wannabe luxury car

it has a leather interior

but the seats are damned uncomfortable and it is really not fun to drive

blind spots out the ass

it's longer than it feels like it should be

i hate it

Homeless on
    edited August 2007
    But that new IS is bigger than the old one. I don't understand why companies must forever increase the size of their cars, just squeezing in new, smaller models to cover up the old ones (nissan veras, that new toyota piece of shit). The IS was a great size, just bigger than a civic with a nice engine and four doors.
    are you thinking of the ES, maybe? Cause the new IS is very short and thus has a useless backseat. Like, it's literally useless. Not "ah, you'll cramp up there but it's okay", but most people with legs will NOT fit in there.

Faricazy on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friends mom has a cs900.

Such a nice car.

My dads corvette c6 is probably my favorite car I've ever been in.

Ever.

Filler Inc. on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    my father in law has a mercedes with a trailer hitch

so awesome

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2007
    these are radddd

Except it's a stupid fucking car, which is why noone buys them. It has "coupe-like styling" which results in shit headroom for anyone in the back seat, making it, in essence, a coupe anyway. Just save yourself some doors and buy a coupe.
    Uh.

A lot of people buy them. I see more of them than E-series. New York though and all.

I love the way they look. Also I sat in the back, I'm 5'11", i had like five or six more inches of headroom.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007
    are you thinking of the ES, maybe? Cause the new IS is very short and thus has a useless backseat. Like, it's literally useless. Not "ah, you'll cramp up there but it's okay", but most people with legs will NOT fit in there.

So it grew length and width and has a useless backseat? Awesome?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited August 2007
    these are radddd

Uh.

A lot of people buy them. I see more of them than E-series. New York though and all.

I love the way they look. Also I sat in the back, I'm 5'11", i had like five or six more inches of headroom.

haha, you're short

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited August 2007
    :whistle:
    They see me rollin'
    They hatin'
    :whistle:

movie-batmobile.jpg

Calamity Jane on
    edited August 2007
    these are radddd

Uh.

haha, you're short

Yeah, two inches above average height, he's tiny.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007

Huh, you're right, it IS longer than the old one. Fuck that.

Old IS's are keeping value well.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007
    I have a jewfro. That's an extra three inches of menacing height.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007

Too well, I wanted to buy one when I was looking for used cars under 10k earlier this year. I looked at a few of their prices and just gave up on them.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited August 2007

Too well, I wanted to buy one when I was looking for used cars under 10k earlier this year. I looked at a few of their prices and just gave up on them.
    They tune well too. The I6 is pretty much straight out of a Supra, ain't it?

Faricazy on
    edited August 2007

They tune well too. The I6 is pretty much straight out of a Supra, ain't it?

Wikipedia says no, it's the same family but different model. I don't know enough about them to say what kind of difference there is though.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited August 2007
    I drive a buick park avenue.

My grandmother gave it to me.

Whippy on
    edited August 2007

Fuck I'm a little bitch.

Acura's rock!

Lexus isn't sporty. Acura is.

The only sporty car lexus has is the IS. I don't like it that much.

If it's a hybrid he either got the RX (thats the small SUV) or the big LS.

Most likely the LS then.

Orestes on
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't mind driving a 2nd gen Acura TL Type-S, but I'd want a manual, the car was OFFERED with a six speed, but every single one I've ever seen on ebay was automatic.

Gah.

Faricazy on