As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great and Wonderful PAX SECRET BOBCAT GIFT EXCHANGE 2012 Edition EXTENDED TO NOV 18th

• Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Got a text saying I had a package and I know I didn't order anything at least that I can remember...So when I got home I tore that sucker open and this is what was inside........
    wp201211290051.jpg
    wp201211290081.jpg
    wp201211290061.jpg

Thanks zeromyst!! Domo and his friends will fit right in on my desk at work!! Also have a new game to play as well as give my g/f more nightmares!!

blAAAm!!! on
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    The package blended in so well with my other amazon packages that I didn't open the package until today! I think it came in yesterday? I dunno - but I have received my fun randoms haha - thank you person named Phillip _____! Being i don't know your screen name lol
    5i3vW.jpg

I have received Mass Effect playing cards - yay! <3 Mass Effect
    USB Pet Rock - whom I have named Zoltar and I will love him and care for him...see his cute little triangle mat!
    kKv3n.jpg

and ever so randomly...a safety mask...which I'm thinking is because I mentioned that I love Doctor Horrible lol - i think I'm going to have to come up with a costume now haha

Also to the person I have: I'm waiting for the other part to come in and I have something planned that can't happen until the the weekend of the 7th-9th...It should be mailed on Monday the 10th if the last piece comes in on time.

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    Mwahahahahah my Secret Bobcat recipent's gift is on it's way. I hope you like it and more importantly I hope the Ogres who work for the postal system aren't too hard on it's contents.

• Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »
    Thanks zeromyst!! Domo and his friends will fit right in on my desk at work!! Also have a new game to play as well as give my g/f more nightmares!!

Glad to hear you like it! Yay I might help give someone nightmares, lol.

Bobcatssssssssss!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated gift chains!

SmallLady :arrow: parabola
    zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper
    Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano
    ??? :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hooray! The last part of my recipient's bobcat has arrived, so I will be shipping on Monday.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    The package blended in so well with my other amazon packages that I didn't open the package until today! I think it came in yesterday? I dunno - but I have received my fun randoms haha - thank you person named Phillip _____! Being i don't know your screen name lol
    5i3vW.jpg

USB Pet Rock - whom I have named Zoltar and I will love him and care for him...see his cute little triangle mat!
    kKv3n.jpg

and ever so randomly...a safety mask...which I'm thinking is because I mentioned that I love Doctor Horrible lol - i think I'm going to have to come up with a costume now haha

Also to the person I have: I'm waiting for the other part to come in and I have something planned that can't happen until the the weekend of the 7th-9th...It should be mailed on Monday the 10th if the last piece comes in on time.

It was me, Glad you loved your gifts. I thought you'd get a kick out of those goggles.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    Updated gift chains!

zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am hoping to get the last present in the mail at work later this week...and then need to get one super-common thing as well...I will be *crosses fingers* get that out to the soon-to-be bobcat caretaker by the 10th at the latest.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    E-mail says it has been received, now I just wait to see the glee or hatred it inspires in my santee..

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    rileyper wrote: »
    5i3vW.jpg

kKv3n.jpg

It was me, Glad you loved your gifts. I thought you'd get a kick out of those goggles.

I do love them haha! I've always wanted goggles too and these ones are spiffy! I love the color!

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wrong forum ... disregard this post

zeromyst on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    @zeromyst are you participating in multiple gift exchanges? there's no raingirllori participating in this one as far as I know.

There's also no mention of bobcats.

I suppose it may be a clever ruse to hide someone's identity.

Yeah, that matches someone in redditgifts http://redditgifts.com/profiles/view/raingirllori/

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @zeromyst are you participating in multiple gift exchanges? there's no raingirllori participating in this one as far as I know.

There's also no mention of bobcats.

I suppose it may be a clever ruse to hide someone's identity.

Yeah, that matches someone in redditgifts http://redditgifts.com/profiles/view/raingirllori/

lmao - now that you mention it I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum, lol. whoops

:?

• Options
    it happens! :P

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    the anticipation is killing me I want to know if my Bobcat arrived safely... I worry about the Postal Ogres and their near legendary ability to make things unrecognizable. Also I always wonder if the recipient will like it.

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    I just picked up a box from the mail room! Won't be able to open it until later, but I'll report back when I do!

Your resolve is amazing, if you still haven't opened this ;)

• Options
    WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    Bah....FedEx Doortag when I got home. Going out of town tomorrow, will have to wait till Thurs...not sure if its my Bobcat, but I'm not expecting anything else!?

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    vttym wrote: »
    I just picked up a box from the mail room! Won't be able to open it until later, but I'll report back when I do!

Your resolve is amazing, if you still haven't opened this ;)

Thank you! Sorry for the lack of updates. Busy life is busy!

I opened it on Sunday. I'll post pictures when I get off work. Promise!

I'll also be shipping my gift today also!

Edit:
    My gift has been sent!

Also, here are pictures of my present! An awesome Northeastern Flag, Star Fluxx, and Swag!
    Etm3Dl.jpg
    RvNlol.jpg

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @LTAcosta A fellow Husky! What an awesome surprise!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

Also, here are pictures of my present! An awesome Northeastern Flag, Star Fluxx, and Swag!

Glad you liked it! Sorry to hear about the bobcat though. ;)

Being a crazy Virginia Tech alum, I could appreciate the need for school gear. Always wanted a big flag myself when I was at school, so I was happy to be able to find one for you.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Bobcat! USPS has told me that your package was delivered yesterday, Why u no post pictures!? D:

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    I also wonder why my Bobcat has not posted I too have confirmation of my gift having been delivered in the past few days.... It's frustrating. :(

• Options
    WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    False alarm, the FedEx was my free Kindle Fire HD from Cablevision from switching back......grrrrrr......I mean yay for the Kindle......grrrrr no Bobcat

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Wohoo, I got my Bobcat today! It was delivered a few days ago but I didn't know about it until the apartment manager's office called to tell me it was here.

Everything is perfect! It's all the things that I like and nothing that I already have. That is such a fine line to walk blindfolded - thank you so much, Direwolf!
    8250223187_a90f8dc9d8.jpg
    I have so many origami, vintage fantasy and science fiction magazines and Gaiman/McKean books but none of these! I can't wait to dig into them!
    8250223039_3373ddf9e8.jpg
    This is so awesome! I actually had a copy of this CD for the band to sign on their Denver stop during Warped tour but the little kid behind me had nothing for them to sign so I gave him mine.
    I always felt a little wistful about giving up that CD but NO MORE! :D

Again, thank you Direwolf! Best gifts ever!

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @mystral721 I'm so glad you like it all! I almost freaked when you retweeted me about the IFD concert, thinking the jig was somehow up!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Looks like my bobcat's gift is out for delivery today. Unexpected, as it was scheduled to arrive monday, but who am I to complain.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Updated gift chains!

zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye
    vttym :arrow: LTAcosta
    direwolf :arrow: Mystral721

• Options
    YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... For Some Reason Moe knew that I liked GW2 >.>
    tBcty.jpg

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Turns out this gift was in the Enforcer community, so the suspense of my PAX bobcat looms still!
    I received a shirt with a poignant reminder of the dangers of improper use of the Mare Signal:

fc,550x550,creme.jpg

There was no name or other markings indicating who the shirt came from however, and as this (and by extension, the Enforcers) are the only places I specifically have noted interest in MLP I suspect it was one of you. So thank you, whoever you are! I love it :D

(Edit: I have in fact taken a picture of the actual shirt as well, but I'm having a hard time locating my sync cable to upload it :P Just wanted to get an image up so everyone knew what the shirt looks like, both for enjoyment and so my santa can more easily identify what I'm talking about!)

Nullzone on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    So my post office is silly and apparently decided I wasn't home the other day (when I, in fact, was). Supposefdly a note was left for to pick up a box at the post office, but I've yet to see this note. Luckily, Zerzhul played messenger monkey and clued me in to this.

Presents! Bobcats!
    Picture001.jpg
    Funny story, I won that game in a raffle last weekend. My bf wants his own copy though, so now I have a Christmas present for him. Hooray!
    And I get to learn about cooking for myself. Because I'm terrible at it.
    Picture002.jpg
    And packing material to pop! (Which was slightly more exciting when I misread it as "full-air extreme."

Thanks Kropotkin! :D

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    turns out this was from a different exchange!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Turns out my gift was from the Enforcer exchange, so the mystery of my bobcat still remains!

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I was late out the door this morning and I had a bobcat waiting for me on the front porch! Had to wait allllll day to open it.
    RD3vu.jpg

And when I got home, my day was made. The Walking Dead Boardgame and homemade fudge (that tastes phenomenal)! Also, squirrel underpants slightly confused, but I giggled when I saw them.

Thanks so much @DashD

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    I received my bobcat gift....waiting till festivus to open it.

Also....soon giftee.....soon!

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I received my bobcat gift....waiting till festivus to open it.

Also....soon giftee.....soon!

Please do not wait. Waiting causes confusion and make it difficult for me to track.

Thanks!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    Bobcat en route!

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was late out the door this morning and I had a bobcat waiting for me on the front porch! Had to wait allllll day to open it.
    RD3vu.jpg

And when I got home, my day was made. The Walking Dead Boardgame and homemade fudge (that tastes phenomenal)! Also, squirrel underpants slightly confused, but I giggled when I saw them.

Thanks so much @DashD

You're welcome! I'm glad to know it got there safely. I am a firm believer that everyone should own a pair of squirrel underpants at some point.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Aww, man. I had this killer Christmasy poem all typed up that retells the story of unpacking my bobcat. Unfortunately the forums are lame and I should apparently be writing anything I post in Notepad because it'll get lost. :(

That said, after much delay due to a comedy of errors on my end, I present to you my bobcat!

Upon first opening I see "Sakura Designs". No idea what this is, I am most intrigued!
    IMG_20121210_081332.jpg

Upon opening the brown box, I see a most curious sight - beads and a silky orange pouch!
    IMG_20121210_081442.jpg

It even came with an instruction booklet!
    IMG_20121210_081503.jpg

These beads really work! My happy increased 4000% upon use:
    IMG_20121210_081645.jpg

I love that you took my sarcasm and ran with it, PayneTrayne! This is something totally unique that no one else would have ever thought of getting me. Bobcat mission: accomplified! :D

Mod Edit: AGB's lost poem:

'Twas a chill Winter's morn when I receiv'd 'pon my inbox, a most urgent message asking about the most sekrit of bobcats. Upon my review, as fate would have it, my wife doth receiv'd it and I never did notice. Filled with remorse for the tardy response, I delved into the package to discover the contents.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a small brown parcel from Sakura Designs

Why, it could only be a mala, the most Tibetan of beads!

Into thy brown eyes my focus was gazing, the orange silken pouch makes this gift most amazing! But wait, that wasn't all, in fact there's much more!

Tucked just up under the little brown box, is a small ruddy book with the keys to the locks. I devoured it all to unlock the mystery and it brought me such joy that, well, the rest is just hist'ry!

zerzhul on
    fss_overall.png