As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your road to PAX AUS...

vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
Hi all….

I thought I would start this new thread because my road has gone from a smooth freeway to a country side dirt road and need to find a fitting place to tell my story.

Here we go…..My wife and I have been planning for about 3 years now to make it to PAX Prime. Both of us were very excited to hear that PAX was coming to Aus (We still are planning a US PAX trip but now it’s not as urgent).

We got our badges the first day they went on sale and booked our accommodation soon after……so are/were ready.

Now the twist….My wife finds out this week that she is pregnant and you guessed it, the baby is due mid to end of July…..a PAX baby.

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    That's the END of july man, there's no way the baby would come early. I'd have a little cosplay outfit ready to go just in case though :D

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    The doctor has dated it as 15 July....Our first one was 3 weeks early so finger crossed.

My wife is ready to go even if she still is carrying......it might actually be the first PAX baby (....I think).

As of now, I still have permission to go for all 3 days what ever happens... but that can easily change.

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Awwww, cute. I have to say, gamer wives are the best.

• Options
    DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    Wow,

Good luck with your journey! There are wonderful obs/gyn people in Melbourne and your team should be able to put you in touch if your honey goes into PAX-time, it's the travel at that gestation that would worry me.

Not your first and #1 was early so you have +2 to luck on this one. Hopefully your wife will be bringing babe and we can all goo over the youngest AusPAXian :-)

• Options
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    Awwww, cute. I have to say, gamer wives are the best.

No argument there Danacyrus... and she knows that I would love the chance to be an enforcer (a common theme with the forum members here...the enforcer part).
    DragonBear wrote: »
    ... it's the travel at that gestation that would worry me.
    Not your first and #1 was early so you have +2 to luck on this one. Hopefully your wife will be bringing babe and we can all goo over the youngest AusPAXian :-)

The 3hr travel will be a problem... but we're both confident (along with the doc) that this one will be early too and we will most definitely bring the baby on one of the days.
    zerochosen wrote: »
    I'd have a little cosplay outfit ready to go just in case though :D

That's what we thought of soon after the date hit us.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    vjreddy12 wrote: »
    ......it might actually be the first PAX baby (....I think).

Actually Jerry's (aka Tycho's) wife had a baby during PAX Prime 2009. Not at PAX obviously, but it certainly was a special\stressful event for all involved. Reference this PATV episode http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-pilot-part-2

But more PAX babies is good.

Important relevant reminder, no strollers allowed in the Expo Hall (at least at Prime & East, your PAX Aus mileage may vary).

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Beker wrote: »
    Actually Jerry's (aka Tycho's) wife had a baby during PAX Prime 2009. Not at PAX obviously,....

Important relevant reminder, no strollers allowed in the Expo Hall (at least at Prime & East, your PAX Aus mileage may vary).

They are a real pain at large events and gatherings (for others...:-P ), I can see why they don't allow them...... go the holster

QJVkg.jpg
    (Sorry...Will remove if I just broke some forum rule...)

vjreddy12 on
  • Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I know... dem babies-

Oh... wait.... you meant the prams...

Oops...

• Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    it's a straight shot from sydney to melbs for me :D

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    MickeyDMickeyD I'm someplace where I don't know where I am.Registered User regular
    40 minute train ride.
    When I heard it was in Melbourne the world wouldn't allow me NOT to go.

You WILL need your hand to angle it in properly, especially the first time.

^ A piece of advice I wish i'd gotten.
  • Options
    FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    This weekend, ill take a video clip (or just picture) of my trip from home, to the grounds :P... if I get a chance as my work really wants me to work this weekend... again.
    ----
    Edit: Due to low... well... 0 Diesel fuel for the next few weeks, ill have to wait till after x-mas. (Ive been told by all the servos on my route, that they wont be getting diesel till the 23rd of DEC), I only have enough fuel for tomorrow.. and one emergency day.

FPFr0sty on