As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [PHALLA] of Monkey Island (mini): PIRATE VICTORY

1131415161719»

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    Ahahaha, I'm fine with breaking OoA for an epic ending. So...the mafia was Langly, Kime, Kilnaga, SLyM, SeGaTai, and Phyphor. Surprised we pulled this one off. That's a pretty good team.

We only had one kill, duels were public so we couldn't group up on people, there were at least three seers in a thirty person game, and even though our group kill was not a personal action it was randomly assigned to one of us without our knowledge. We also had no powers.

So we pretty much had our backs against the wall.
    kime wrote: »
    I.. do not approve of a post restriction like that. It was funny, sure, but kind of debilitating from a gameplay perspective.

Anyways, ebum, thanks for running! It was fun, and I think you've already mentioned any balance issues I saw, so that's good.
    Anialos wrote: »
    Ahahaha, I'm fine with breaking OoA for an epic ending. So...the mafia was Langly, Kime, Kilnaga, SLyM, SeGaTai, and Phyphor. Surprised we pulled this one off. That's a pretty good team.

Besides the balance issues that have been mentioned, that's also a rather high-profile team. Like, there's no way several of us would make it very far in the game by default, basically :P

@Langly, yah this was before I looked at the role PMs. You guys did get pretty shafted. Still almost pulled it off though!

@Kime, ah the curse of being a big name. I wish to never suffer it.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Was sad I got day 1'd in this but the main excitement was in the hopes that I would receive whitty insults but looks like they weren't really a thing

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Getting paranoid because I don't PM back (even though my 'last online' probably showed up as last online before I even got your PM ...) I can understand as new network head

But INANTP's post that he received a post restriction I'd have expected to set off a few bells; warranting investigation (if the cause for alarm was indeed 'Alegis claims to be a post restrictor which he may not be'). It's too bad I didnt get online sooner as I would have probably tried to get INANTP voted out; he knew the conditions of his restriction (post about beer), knew that I claimed post restrictor (you posted it), knows I tend to enjoy the beverage quite a bit, yet went along with the thread, not really trying to divert the wagon.

I tried to make the restrictions as obvious as possible to refer to me to avoid this kind of situation; in retrospect that didn't work out well it seems. Plus it's a bad villager move; if mafia knows I'm not a vig/seer they can hit elsewhere with more accuracy. So that backfired quite a bit.

We live and learn!
    Unfortunately sometimes you don't get to choose to become network head; it just falls on you ;)
    I've had my share of Network head troubles and bad calls

dumpshock actually asked me not to be more public about my post restriction

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, ebum, it was fun while I lived.

I did guard you, Spoit, but the voodoo cannonball was too much for me.

Also: kiwi?

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Wait. People actually check the last online status? How is that helpful if the person is actually looking at a different thread? I know with work also, I sometimes hit refresh, minimize it and forget to go back and read it for a long time.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Some day I will be assigned the SK role and I will not suck at it. Some day. Maybe an expert SK could show me the ropes? I'm looking at you @langly. I do wish I had come up with a better cover role, as one wasn't provided to me. At least I didn't claim "neutral vig".

If anybody is wondering at the reasoning for my kills:

Day 1: SeGaTai. I took a shot at you because I figured if you weren't mafia they wouldn't target you, and if you were then whatever. Wanted to completely avoid visible targets.
    Day 2: Obifett. Since I'd killed a mafia day 1, I wanted to kill a villager day 2. You were very clearly Otis and I figured that your powers were not particularly important and thus the mafia wouldn't target you.
    Day 3: Chamberlain. Dumpshock had voiced his suspicion of me at this point and I thought Chamberlain was an important village special.
    Day 4: TheRoadVirus. I honestly didn't expect this kill to go through. I just kinda put in a placeholder on another person I thought was village because I wanted to see a mafia victory.
    Wait. People actually check the last online status? How is that helpful if the person is actually looking at a different thread? I know with work also, I sometimes hit refresh, minimize it and forget to go back and read it for a long time.

I specifically hide my status so people can't tell what I'm up to.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Related: thanks to ebum for pointing out the Steam sale on Monkey Island 1 & 2. I've ploughed through them over the last few days; some of the puzzles are every bit as obtuse as I remembered, but they were great fun and I'm happy to own them.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So, did the mason sacrifice gambit actually help in the end? Or did it just make us all die?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    It didn't really help me any!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well dumpshock was able to get enough legwork to confirm both me and Mikey, so it would seem it helped a little.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    :D

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, Ebum!
    I'll just slip away now...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1