As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel NOW! - The Future is NOW! Page One NS56k

ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Graphic Violence
The Future is NOW!

1. This is NOT a reboot - All the decades of history in the Marvel Universe is still intact (well barring the wedding which shall not be named, but thats old news). This continues directly from what has come before.

2. It is spread out - In October we will see 1 new series, and after that every week we will see new jumping on points (either new or returning series) with new creative teams under the Marvel NOW! banner through February. So no having to buy tons of #1 issues in one month.

3. Not everything is new - More recent series like Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Daredevil, and others will not be starting with fresh #1 issues. Only stories that fit with a true new start will be restarted with Marvel NOW!

OUT NOW!

- Marvel Now Point One - W - Brian Michael Bendis, Matt Fraction, Jeph Loeb, Nick Spencer, Kieron Gillen, Dennis Hopeless, A - Michael Allred, Ed Mcguinness, Steve Mcniven, Jamie Mckelvie, Salvador Larroca, and More
Who Will Shape the Future of Marvel NOW!? 64pg One Shot!

- UNCANNY AVENGERS - W - Rick Remender, A - John Cassaday
Following the events of AvX, Captain America begins his quest to create a sanctioned Avengers unit comprised of Avengers and X-Men, humans and mutants working together... and just in time for the return of the Red Skull, now seeking to eradicate the mutant race.

- A+X
Get ready for action-packed stories featuring team-ups from your favorite Marvel heroes every month! First, a story where Wolverine and Hulk come together, and then Captain America and Cable meet up! But will each partner’s combined strength be enough?

- ALL-NEW X-MEN - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Stuart Immonen
Thrown forward in time, the original five members of Xavier's School are now stuck in the present. How can they change a future that to them seems worse than even the Days of Future Past? How will the current heroes react to seeing these teenage versions of themselves, including their departed friend Jean Grey.

- IRON MAN - W - Kieron Gillen, A - Greg Land
Tony Stark—Iron Man: Technological visionary, wealthy playboy, unparalleled engineer, and armored Avenger. His greatest invention becomes his greatest mistake. Iron Man must act fast…and Tony Stark must build faster! The lethal techno virus Extremis is out in the wild and out for grabs to the highest bidder! It’s up to Tony Stark to contain it and that means creating a new suit of armor…NOW!

- THOR: GOD OF THUNDER -W - Jason Aaron, A - Esad Ribic
Throughout the ages, the gods of the Marvel Universe have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. NOW! the Mighty Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future selves. The only hope for these ravaged worlds lies with the God of Thunder unraveling the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!

- INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK -W - Mark Waid, A - Leinel Francis Yu
Hulk - Indestructible force more weapon than man. Banner – smartest man alive. Combined they are the Strongest, Smartest Weapon on the planet! And NOW! the INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK is an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

- DEADPOOL -W - Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan, A - Tony Moore
Dead former United States presidents, from George Washington to Gerald Ford have been resurrected, and that’s BAD. The Marvel heroes can’t be the ones to stop them, someone is needed with the reputation, skills and plausible deniability to take out these com-monsters in chiefs...NOW! is the time for Deadpool… In Wade We Trust!

- CAPTAIN AMERICA -W - Rick Remender, A - John Romita Jr.
Thrust into a bizarre, inhospitable world far from home, the all-new, high-adventure, mind-melting, tough-as-nails, sci-fi, pulp-fantasy era of Captain America is NOW! With no country and no allies, what’s left for the Sentinel of Liberty to protect? The Saga of Dimension Z begins here!

- FANTASTIC FOUR -W - Matt Fraction, A - Mark Bagley
Four adults. Two kids. One “car.” NOW! begins a journey through all of infinite time and space.

- X-MEN LEGACY -W - Simon Spurrier, A - Tan Eng Huat
Legion, the most powerful and unstable mutant in the world and son to Professor Charles Xavier, has killed gods and reshaped the face of the universe. NOW! in the aftermath of Avengers vs. X-Men, Legion will finally attempt to conquer his demons and embrace his father’s legacy!

- FF -W - Matt Fraction, A - Mike Allred
We have seen the future and it will be fantastic! In the absence of the Fantastic Four, a substitute Four, hand-picked by the real deal--Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Miss Thing--stand ready to guard the Earth and the nascent Future Foundation for four minutes... NOW! what could possibly go wrong?

- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - W - Kelly Sue DeConnick, A - Stefano Caselli
New Creative Team with issue 9!

- JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY - W - Katheryn Immonen, A - Valerio Schiti
New Creative Team with issue 646! Now starring the adventures of the Lady Sif!

COMING SOON!

- THUNDERBOLTS - W - Daniel Way, A - Steve Dillon
Led by General “Thunderbolt” Ross, AKA the Red Hulk, this hand-picked team of like-minded operatives is going to make the world a better place…by all means necessary.

- AVENGERS - W - Jonathan Hickman, A - Jerome Opena
The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! The Avengers “go large,” expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call - who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism - these are the Avengers NOW!

- CABLE & X-FORCE
- W - Dennis Hopeless, A - Salvador Larroca
Cable is back! With a new X-Force at his side, he must tackle the threats that nobody else can know about. But just who are Cable’s new recruits, and why is his team public enemy number one? Caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views, the X-Force is the run, with none other than the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit.

- AVENGERS ARENA
- W - Dennis Hopeless, A - Kev Walker
Trapped on an isolated island, 16 superhuman young adults (including cult faves like members of the Runaways, The Avengers Academy and Darkhawk) are given a chilling ultimatum by their demented captor, Arcade: Fight or die…only one will walk out alive! Welcome to Murderworld.

- UNCANNY X-FORCE
- W - Sam Humphries, A - Ron Garney
Psylocke and Storm lead a new team of outcasts and scoundrels, including fan-favorite Puck, the villainous Spiral, and the mysterious Cluster. The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend BISHOP!

NEWAVN2013001_DC11.jpg
- NEW AVENGERS - W - Jonathan Hickman, A - Steve Epting
To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities.

SUPSM2013001_DC11.jpg
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN - W - Dan Slott, A - Ryan Stegman
THEN!...Peter Parker spent a lifetime living up to the responsibilities his powers foisted upon him but his Amazing story finally ended dramatically in the historic Spider-Man #700. NOW!...The new Amazing Spider-Man has arrived and he is better in every single way. Smarter, stronger...Superior.

SAVWOLV2013001_DC11.jpg
- SAVAGE WOLVERINE - W/A - Frank Cho
Wolverine awakes to find himself transported to the Savage Land and labeled public enemy number one! With no memory of how he got there, and Shanna the She-Devil his only ally, Logan must unravel the mystery that slumbers at the heart of the Savage Land before it finds a way to kill him first

YNGAVN2013001_DC11.jpg
- YOUNG AVENGERS - W - Kieron Gillen, A - Jamie McKelvie
Legacy isn't a dirty word... but it's an irrelevant one. It's not important what our parents did. It matters what WE do. Someone has to save the world. You're someone. Do the math. Reinventing the teen superhero comic for the 21st century, by uniting Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with Loki, Marvel Boy and Ms. America.

- MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE
- W - JOE KEATINGE, A - RICHARD ELSON
Morbius is scraping desperately through each day trying to carve out a life in a world that has turned its back on him. However his redemption...may be worse than his sin.

Guardians001.jpg
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Steve McNiven
Move over Avengers…the Guardians got this. Star-Lord. Gamora. Drax. Rocket Raccoon. Groot. …and the Invincible Iron Man?! The Marvel Universe just got bigger as the legendary cosmic epic returns.

Nova001.jpg
- NOVA - W - Jeph Loeb, A - Ed McGuinness
Sam Alexander is a kid bound by the gravity of a small town and a father whose ridiculous, drunken fairy tales about a “Nova Corps” were just another heavy burden in a life full of them. But luckily for Sam Alexander…soon gravity won’t even matter. And those troubles? It’s like they’re a billion miles away. See the origin of the new hero who debuted in AvX!

UNCANNYX_Page_11.jpg
- UNCANNY X-MEN - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Chris Bachalo
In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name UNCANNY X-MEN.

- THE FEARLESS DEFENDERS
- W - Cullen Bunn, A - Will Sliney
Spinning out of "The Fearless"! Valkyrie and Misty Knight are the Fearless Defenders and not since Power Man and Iron Fist has an unlikely duo kicked this much—well, you know. The formation of a brand new team begins here!

- SECRET AVENGERS
- W - Nick Spencer, A - Luke Ross
The new Nick Fury leads a covert Avengers strike team including but not limited to Hawkeye, Black Widow, The Hulk, The Winter Soldier, Maria Hill and Phil Coulson on missions so dangerous, even the team members themselves can’t know about them!

1353432096.jpg
- WOLVERINE - W - Paul Cornell, A - Alan Davis
As a new enemy targets Logan, the life of a young boy hangs in the balance.

ManetherenWolf on

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hey, in the future, please wait until the old thread is locked before you make a new one. Also, that is way too many images.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    maybe some smaller images would be better

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    besides, this is the superior Young Avengers cover:

BLO_YA.jpeg

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Hey, in the future, please wait until the old thread is locked before you make a new one. Also, that is way too many images.

ah ok, sorry bout that. As for the images, no prob. Ill cut down to the ones that havent released yet, and just link to the others.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    photo-collage those geese together, organized by book launch!

yeah or what you said.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    ok, i just cut it down to the biggest titles pictured, and linked to the others in the title. That should fix it.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Thread title should be "It's my Marvel, and I want it NOW!"

Just saying.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Marvel NOW has been pretty solid so far then

standouts for me have been Avengers and Thor: God of Thunder

though the only one I have disliked is Thunderbolts

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Is Guardians out? and Young Avengers?

Brainleech on
    edited December 2012
    I believe both of those series will debut in January.

Centipede Damascus on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Young Avengers is Jan 23, 2013
    And Guardians is ???

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Marvel NOW has been pretty solid so far then

standouts for me have been Avengers and Thor: God of Thunder

though the only one I have disliked is Thunderbolts

Seems Thunderbolts not being good is almost universal at this point. Just Dillion fanboys and people who like forty dialouge box deadpool defending it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Guardians launches with a zero issue in February and then issue one in March, I think. The zero issue is Star-Lord's origin.

CYpGAPn.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    'Old' Marvel, but I've been reading Hickman's FF that I picked the first 16 issues of cheap during a sale. With how well it's written and how well it does teamwork, I'm really looking forward to his Avengers and New Avengers.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    You should also check out his Secret Warriors and SHIELD sometime. Those series were fantastic.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You should also check out his Secret Warriors and SHIELD sometime. Those series were fantastic.

So, basically read everything Hickman?

Basically, yeah.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    also everything Gillen

Uncanny X-Men and Iron Man are skippable if you really can't stand Land art

but Journey Into Mystery, and the Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter mini are a must

I really liked his Ares mini as well

Land is the cancer killing comics. (One of them anyways.)

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I think Marvel only keeps Greg Land around because of the drama his name invokes. A man can only trace Sandra Bullock so many times and still have a job.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    They probably keep him around because he meets deadlines, and retailers keep ordering his books.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    I went ahead and bought myself the Avengers Vs Xmen collection to try and get myself caught up after taking a long break from comics...World War Hulk was last thing I really read. Lot's of wiki articles later and $60 for the avengers vs xmen thing I'm all caught up. Bought most of Marvel Now's. Digging the main Avengers comic. Uncanny Avengers has promise. All New X-Men has been fantastic

steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    damn it really is $60? i figured that was just a placeholder price so that people could make preorders

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    60 is the MSRP

I got the hardcover for 25 bucks from an online discount seller

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    The thing about the Avengers vs. X-Men trade is that it includes the 13 issues of Avengers vs. X-Men and also the six issues of A Vs X. That's a lot of issues for something that's not technically an omnibus.

Centipede Damascus on
    And it includes print versions of the Infinite tie ins as well I believe

CYpGAPn.png
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    I just got the digital one off the Marvel store on my tablet. I do miss the feel of a comic in my hand, I certainly don't miss finding a place to store them all. On the Avengers, Ex Nihilo...is this a brand new bad guy? I never really got into the cosmos portion of the Marvel library so I'm not sure if he's from there

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, Ex Nihilo, along with Aleph and Abyss, are totally new characters.

I definitely like having a tablet more and more, especially since my bookshelves are full to bursting these days. I especially like the weekly free issues and .99 sales.

The Garden seems like a pretty rad concept for some villains. Cosmic caretakers that prune the underdeveloped "inferior" lifeforms of the universe and make way for superioe life.

That plus Ex Nihilo seeming to have some clashing ideals with Aleph and Abyss being weird has me excited for where Hickman takes these characters.

CYpGAPn.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I just got the digital one off the Marvel store on my tablet. I do miss the feel of a comic in my hand, I certainly don't miss finding a place to store them all. On the Avengers, Ex Nihilo...is this a brand new bad guy? I never really got into the cosmos portion of the Marvel library so I'm not sure if he's from there

yeah the Garden are new villains

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Speaking of, Secret Warriors is on sale at comiXology for $1/issue for the next 24 hours.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2012
    Bullio wrote: »

Speaking of, Secret Warriors is on sale at comiXology for $1/issue for the next 24 hours.

Sonofab-

I don't have an excuse now.

vagrant_winds on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    besides, this is the superior Young Avengers cover:

BLO_YA.jpeg

... Is that Bryan Lee O'Malley? Has he done anything previous for Marvel or DC?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    It is and nothing officially that I know of.

He might have done a thing for Strange Tales, I can't remember.

CYpGAPn.png
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Dunno, something about Wiccan's face I just don't like about that cover. Everything else is boss.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kid Loki is the best part of that cover.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Hey Var

Noh-Var

Kate touched Clints junk.

Publisher's Weekly: Marvel Announces Supersized Marvel NOW! Omnibus
    Marvel will cap its Marvel NOW! relaunch effort in June with a Marvel Now! Onmibus, a 688-page behemoth reprinting all the first issues of the program.

holy cow

although now that I check, that's about half the size of the New 52 omnibus

Yeah, Now is way smaller than the New 52 was. It just seems equal due to lasting 4-5 months

also, looking at the NOW Dark Avengers arc

man, Parker, I love you but are you really throwing the team into an alternate reality right after the time travel arc that lasted way too long?

I mean I love your Exiles a ton but not every book needs to be like that

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    jeff...

This discussion has been closed.