As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel NOW! - The Future is NOW! Page One NS56k

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I mean it doesn't look bad at all

it is just

I dunno it feels like the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers haven't actually been "villains-as-superheroes" for quite a while. I know they were right when the Heroic Age hit and it was really fantastic

to be fair I have only been following it second hand since the DA change so maybe there has been an arc or two about that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    maybe he's not allowed to bring them back to 616 or something on account of the new Thunderbolts

edited December 2012
    maybe he's not allowed to bring them back to 616 or something on account of the new Thunderbolts
    Eh

that seems like a really dumb decision that the current Marvel Editorial staff wouldn't do

I mean X-Treme X-Men and Age of Apocalypse keep rollin on just fine

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Hey Parker remember how everybody hated Star Trek Enterprise? Remember how one of the reason was because instead of dealing with the stories implied in the set up they did a bunch of time travel crap that completely wasted the setting?

Yeah.

Quire.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I haven't been feeling a vibe from Dark Avengers. I stuck with it through the end of Thunderbolts, but eh it really lost some of its charm. And the end if the old team/the whole last arc was kind of weak.

I kind of want to see how USAgent is going to be in it but I really don't give a flying fig about the rest of the team, and I get my reality-hopping fix from X-Treme anyway. Oh well.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I'm curious which mutants got the Phoenix Force sun burn that seems to be altering powers beside the five?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So I'm curious which mutants got the Phoenix Force sun burn that seems to be altering powers beside the five?

Has something happened to Peter's powers? Or Namor's? I haven't picked up anything with either of them in it so I don't know if they are having power issues as well.

We haven't seen either of them yet. Namors power is dumb foot wings though so really there's no way they couldn't improve that.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    We haven't seen either of them yet. Namors power is dumb foot wings though so really there's no way they couldn't improve that.

Hey don't forget his awesome pufferfish powers.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Namor's powers are cool, feet wings included, and don't you forget it

I will never like the wings.

The retcon for his various fish powers is hilarious.

• stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    One of the early interviews on Cable and X-Force mentioned that something would be going on with Peter's powers, so it sounds like something's up across the board with the P5 - it'll be interesting to see if it's a power up or or some sort of loss of control though... Of course, it could also have something to do with the recent loss of the juggernaut powers.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I will never like the wings.

The retcon for his various fish powers is hilarious.

I thought Namor got his feet wings ripped off by Venom? How'd he get them back?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    Well Magneto can't control his powers ,Cyclops seem to fire in uncontrolled bursts instead of a straight line ( which ties to his new visor design actually) Magik is uberpowerful and Emma can only use her diamond form ( oh and can show emotions other than bored.). Its implied Beast was affected as well.
    I have a feeling Colossus is stuck in his armor form but they haven't really said anything about Namor.

If his weird ass fish powers came back I would love it.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Acuna is joining Remender on Uncanny Avengers starting with issue #6, which will be a apocalypse arc called "Ragnarok", Young Thor/Asgard has some heavy ties with Apocalypse's past apparently.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42601

1355175963.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Acuna nooooooooo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Acuna Yessssss

CYpGAPn.png
    I like his covers but his sequential art is butts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I enjoy both quite a bit!

CYpGAPn.png
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Oooh, Cassaday is fully off the book now, Acuna will be the regular artist now.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Acuna aint that great

but that story sounds super cool

also a continuation of the Aaron/Remender bromance which usually results in good stuff

You guys are bonkers
    prv13315_pg5.jpg
    Looks great

And yeah Remender playing with Aaron's Thor and Cassaday not causing delays both sounds great

CYpGAPn.png
    That does look very nice, yes

the colouring helps a lot though and Acuna can do work that is not as good

if Acuna pulls out his a game then that'll be great, of course!

Pretty sure he colors himself?

CYpGAPn.png
    Oooh, Cassaday is fully off the book now, Acuna will be the regular artist now.

Ugh

UGH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    well honestly

I'd much rather it was Acuna than Cassaday AKA Captain Plastic Hunchbacks

Yeah Acuna inks and colors his own work. I think he is all digital but could be wrong.

CYpGAPn.png
    God this is such a buzzkill

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Red Skull + Kang + Apocalypse?
    Young Thor and Uncanny X-Force tying into the main Marvel universe?

Yes, I would like these things

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Man I just

I think Cassaday's art looks pretty rad in Uncanny Avengers but not "have issues be delayed a butt ton" rad

CYpGAPn.png
    The art looks great
    thorpocalypse.jpg

"Don't tell me, there's an En Sabah Nur standing behind me"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man I just

I think Cassaday's art looks pretty rad in Uncanny Avengers but not "have issues be delayed a butt ton" rad

It a combination of losing Cassaday and the fact that it is Acuna of all people replacing him.

Like I could tolerate it on a fill on basis, or of Cassady would at least stay in the art rotation.

But knowing Acuna is going to be the artist on the majority of the issues going forward is a huge bummer for me.

Like I'm not going to say it's killed my interest in the book, but it does drop it way down my list in terms of books I can or can't live without.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ooh

that art is great, actually

I mean he's no Coipel but at the same time it's pretty damn good

Solar wrote: »
    Ooh

that art is great, actually

I mean he's no Coipel but at the same time it's pretty damn good

Yeah, it definitely looks like Acuna has taken inspiration from Ribic's work on TGoT

That page gave me a little hop

Then I got to the bottom panel and of course Thor has that fucking squinty face he always uses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    racist

edited December 2012
    So this new history implies Thor might meet Evan down the road.

Hmm.

King Riptor on
    Maybe, maybe not.

Remender mentioned the child of Archangel and Pestilence being a major part of the arc so I would say that baby Apocalypse would be the focus

CYpGAPn.png
    Solar wrote: »
    racist

As a scandinavian I

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    holy crap

q77Ke.jpg
    Marvel NOW! brings readers Deadpool, the most patriotic and educational new comic book series of the century! Providing readers with a completely (not) 100% accurate depiction of American history, the most famous presidents and their very real modern day exploits as zombies, there’s no X-Man more perfect than Deadpool for the most American variant cover of all. Marvel is pleased to unveil the Uncanny X-Men #1 53 State Birds Variant, by superstar artist Stuart Immonen, bringing all 52 state (and territories) birds (+1)* to life on one cover. That’s like 52 (+1)* state variants for the price of one! Calling all bird watchers, this one of a kind variant featuring all of America’s greatest feathered patrons is a must have for any fan!

“Ornithology is one of America’s greatest past times,” mentioned Senior Editor Nick Lowe. “With Inauguration day and Spring just around the corner – we could think of no better way than to celebrate our history with a beaked representative from every state including Puerto Rico and then some!”

This February, Cyclops is back in full force in Uncanny X-Men #1, kicking off the all-new ongoing series from the blockbuster creative team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Chris Bachalo! In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name Uncanny X-Men.

“Retailers will have the unique opportunity to collect all the various birds of the United States on one cover,” explained Marvel SVP of Sales, David Gabriel. “No need to worry about purchasing individual covers to get all 53 beautiful birds. One cover. 53! Birds!”

So what are you waiting for? Put on your red, white & blues while pulling out those binoculars and reserve the Uncanny X-Men #1 53 State Birds Variant at your local comic shop today!

* (+1) America’s great symbol of freedom, the Bald Eagle

Centipede Damascus on
This discussion has been closed.