As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel NOW! - The Future is NOW! Page One NS56k

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    oh my god marvel i love when you mock DC like this

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Did anyone really expect Cassaday to get through an arc without delay or being taken off the book? I think Acuna is a good choice since other artists have already been taken up by other books (and Marvel should at least try to keep artists on one or two books only; I like the idea of Immonen and Marquez switching out with Marquez tag teaming USM as well)

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The best part is that it's not a mean spirited or nasty mocking, just good fun.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Dream team for Uncanny Avengers would be Remender and Byrne, but that'll never happen. BRING BACK HAVOK'S ORIGINAL HEADGEAR.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Did anyone really expect Cassaday to get through an arc without delay or being taken off the book? I think Acuna is a good choice since other artists have already been taken up by other books (and Marvel should at least try to keep artists on one or two books only; I like the idea of Immonen and Marquez switching out with Marquez tag teaming USM as well)

I thought he would have had enough lead time to get through the first arc at least

Mainly I'm just bummed cause I really like the book and really don't like Acuna

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also, Simonson posted a full page spread on twitter last night that looked like Beast, so I'm guessing he's one of the rotation artists for All-New X-Men or for New Avengers.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'd like to think DC would be capable of the same thing but considering some of the shit that's been going down over there I'm not quite sure which is pretty damn sad.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited December 2012
    I'd think Simonson would be a good choice for New Avengers, I kind of like Immonen and Marquez only for ANXM. Unless Simonson is actually Bachalo's Uncanny X-Men partner and then Louise Simonson is co-writing it with Bendis and it's good old X-Factor days....

edit: the way Cyclops seems to be doing a smaller version of his X-Terminator days, acting one way in public and different in private, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually is a reason to brig Simonson onboard.

TexiKen on
    I just assume that the 'new' guard guys (Bendis/Fraction/Hickman/Aaron - and yes, I know calling Bendis new guard is silly) just get a kick out of working with industry vets like Simonson. I really wish the Byrne/Marvel feud didn't exist, because I bet every one of those guys would love to work with Byrne on a book.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    is the joke that it's one more than 52?

the joke is that the #1 issue of the new JLA book has 52 variants, each one with a different state flag

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That and Justice League of America #1 is going to ship with 52 covers, one for each state with photo shopped state flag on the cover.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I love Simonson's old work like Mighty Thor and whatnot but as I have said before his current work is pretty dire and not helped at all by modern coloring and inking.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    That page gave me a little hop

Then I got to the bottom panel and of course Thor has that fucking squinty face he always uses.

Tell me about how you like John Romita Jr. and Mark Bagley's art

I like the one true Bagleyface

I don't like Acuna's squintface

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    also in particular with Romita's art, though it's true of Bagely too - what I like about it is the kineticism, Romita's action sequences have weight and power behind them.

Bagely's are fluid

Acuna's are static and stiff

plus while yeah a lot of Bagely's faces are samey in regards from character to character, he can make that face extremely expressive in a lot of different ways, so it dosen't bother me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Is this the thread where I talked about how much I'm loving Thor: God of Thunder?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    This is a good thread for that, yes!

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I love it so much, you guys.

2dtr87s.png
    But Gene Simmons is the god of thunder, and rock and roll! Will Aaron settle this battle once and for all?

God of Thunder and Avengers have been my 2 favorite NOW books

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    likewise, but that's only because Young Avengers hasn't happened yet

Right now it's

Avengers
    Thor: God of Thunder
    All New X-Men
    Captain America
    Indestructible Hulk
    Iron Man (would be so much higher with a different artist)
    X-Men Legacy
    Uncanny Avengers
    FF
    Journey Into Mystery
    Fantastic Four
    Deadpool

Some of the stuff towards the bottom/middle could easily be rearranged, but the top 4 are locked in like that

I haven't read Thunderbolts, don't plan to.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    shit. just saw a spoiler for Avengers Arena. shit.

Welcome to Murder World.

ManetherenWolf on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Some huge spoilers for Avengers Academy and possible huge superior spider-man spoilers over at bleeding cool
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/11/marvel-reaping-its-own-whirlwind-of-spoilers/

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    holy balls Avengers Arena

also haha Superior Spider-Man actually made me laugh a little

• DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    I get that Marvel wants to play hardball with the Avengers Arena....but I'm still a little worried about a book whose premise is essentially Marvel cleaning out the closet. I mean I look at that roster and there's a lot of people I really love in that line up (Runaways, Avengers Academy, DARKHAWK)

Again, Hopeless has said that death isn't in every issue and isn't the focus of the book. The book is character driven and focused, death is just one of the tools he is using to tell his story.

CYpGAPn.png
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Some huge spoilers for Avengers Academy and possible huge superior spider-man spoilers over at bleeding cool
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/11/marvel-reaping-its-own-whirlwind-of-spoilers/

That's exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of. Good characters dead.

Damn.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm really curious if Arena is going to be super-popular or go down in flames quickly.

I am predicting it will sell decently and have a perfectly respectable run, but not be a smash hit either.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Well then I'll predict it's absolutely slammed by critics and fans everywhere and becomes Marvel's best selling title.

well I'm mad about comic books again re: Spider-Man

2dtr87s.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    man

arena looks so great

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Unless the next Spider-Man is amazing, I think I'm goin to be done with the title. I care about Peter Parker, not the costume

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    See

I dunno
    the preview clearly makes it look like it is Ock in the suit, what with the intelligence and dickishness

but the "more times than I have ever been hit in my life" line is super not-Octavius

I mean the whole reason Ock is dying right now is because Spidey has been punching him in the head dozens a times a year for like a decade.

CYpGAPn.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    That's what he's referencing though. Exactly the fact that he was just hit MORE than he had ever been previously.

Also, why is that such a spoiler now after the last issue?

Because some people haven't read that yet? A decent amount of people wait for trades, dogg.

CYpGAPn.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I get it for us on the forum but usually once something's out it's fair game in the press. I was referring to how the article was all "WHOA HUGE SPOILERS DAWG!" but it was all something we already knew.

Oh because it is Bleeding Cool and HEY WE HAVE HUGE SPOILERS LOOK AT THIS is how they make headlines

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.