As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12/12/12: Evening, Skitch.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Graphic Violence
Batman #15, Bruce dreams pleasant dreams, and where was Joker for the past year?
batman15a.jpg

batman15b.jpg

batman15c.jpg

Batman & Robin #15, it's good but Gleason draws Joker's face better than anything even Eli Roth could come up with. I'm going to just post links to the pictures just to be on the safe side:

Upside down face

putting the face right

Damian can't stand Joker talking

Cable & X-Force #1, Cable gets a new arm, and Dr. Nemesis is easy to convince:
cablexforce1a.jpg

cablexforce1b.jpg

cablexforce1c.jpg

Marvel Universe vs. the Avengers #3, Thor takes his Mjolnir and goes home, and Doom starts experimenting on people to find a cure:
marveluniversevsavengers3a.jpg

marveluniversevsavengers3b.jpg

marveluniversevsavengers3c.jpg

marveluniversevsavengers3d.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Jesus christ. I had no idea the joker thing had happened till now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    that's foul

cable and xforce looks pretty okay

Antimatter on
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Ultimate Comics Iron Man #3 Tony and Rhodey fight some Stark Drones
    XPp2B.jpg

Byusc.jpg

e65vg.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #20 The mutants invent a new "mutant" see and want to give it to the world for free, so they turn to Tony Stark for help. Also possible Iron Patriot identity reveal.
    QlqLL.jpg

6Ciqx.jpg

qA97E.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm conflicted about X-men.

Its just about everything I could want to be each issue but
    The Husk thing makes no sense and they depowered Quentin. Whats up with that?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    I love that batman panel.
    When Alfred shows up in the mask, everyone is all smiles and happy, even though they're looking right at him. Then once he starts swinging the ax, they're surprised, almost as if to say "shit, we shouldn't have given him that ax."

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I like how Jason's jacket is blue then suddenly gray.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Iron Man #4: Tony faces a new breed of Extremis in the catacombs beneath Paris:
    A creepy Lovecraft-esque cult began using Extremis to create more suitable hosts for their dark god, as all previous hosts simply died. They promptly went berserk and killed all of the scientists, leaving Tony alone with them. Luckily they programmed the cults' traditions into the enhanciles, including sacred warding symbols. So Tony uses his suit to copy/paste them via laser cannons.
    2foBw.jpg?1
    c50J6.jpg?1
    yctXC.jpg?1

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    God, Joker has somehow become more horrifying than before. D:

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Avengers Assemble #10: Capt. America and Marvel deal with an in-flight hazard.
    uZQ60.png
    2NQEJ.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man, DeConnick's dialogue can be pretty clunky

"They're fighting at ten thousand feet and not registering fear!" is a rough line

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I wasn't really sold on the whole Joker with face-as-mask thing until now. Yikes. D:

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Dead horse, everyone knows, etc, those iron man pages would be better if the same panel wasn't used 3 times.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Age of Apocalypse #10 was the best AoA.

I can't find any non-preview scans yet.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Bloodshot #6
    qUQAG.jpg?1

eQJN1.jpg?2

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    The Valiant relaunch has been really well done.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    It keeps getting better, too. Everything is escalating.

For me, the intensity and excitement has been on par with Marvel NOW.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Get those CSI sunglasses ready, from Scarlet Spider #12:

scarletspider12a.jpg

CSI = Clobbered Santa Impersonators, yeaaaaahhhh 8-)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Robots in Disguise #12 Megatron's returned from the wilds of Cybertron, so Starscream makes a speech to convince the Decepticons not to go back to his side
    tumblr_meyw0jyN6J1r166kao1_500.jpg
    tumblr_meyw0jyN6J1r166kao2_500.jpg
    also, Wheeljack channels his inner Venkman
    tumblr_meya2jx99t1qhd7jyo1_400.png
    I'd share the last page buuuuut i can't find any good pics so instead i'm just going to link the new character model of the dude showing up on the last page Spotlight Orion Pax

a pretty simple action story, nothing too mind blowing or essential if you're reading MTMTE or RID, but pretty fun
    tumblr_mevkf76iDd1r166kao1_500.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Christ, that Spotlight panel is the nerdiest thing ever.

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    pretty certain in some of the old TF comics prime is shown as just having a speaker grille under his faceplate, which i always thought was quite cool, since what does a robot actually need a mouth for...

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    That design is actually based off the Machine Wars Optimus I believe.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    X-Treme X-Men #7.1; Dazzler visits a strange, terrifying world, where the X-Men warred with the Avengers, and Cyclops killed Professor Xavier!
    FOIg1.jpg

tuLUB.jpg

I really, really liked this issue. Returning Dazzler to her own world, and showing how it's radically changed in her absence, was a really clever idea. And that giant Sky-Whale Xavier looks awesome.

I do hope Marvel lets Pak finish off his run, despite this series' low sales. He's halfway through the list of evil Xaviers now, and could probably wrap things up with another five to ten issues.

Dark Avengers #184; Skaar makes puns, Hank Pym abuses his wife, superhuman gangs war over New York, and Tigra hangs out with Dr. Strange.
    TELkv.jpg

I always like seeing Hank given his proper due, as a legitimately intelligent, strong-willed dude. There was a similar thing in one of Bendis' New Avengers issues, that showed how Skrulls patterned after Pym, kept rebelling, because Pym's willpower was too strong.

Parker's actually used Pym to pretty great effect, throughout his Thunderbolts run. I wouldn't mind seeing him take a run at a proper Hank Pym series.

Actually, why the Hell isn't Pym leading the Thunderbolts? That'd be an awesome pitch. One of the least-respected heroes in the Marvel U, in charge of a motley band of supervillains, who are trying to redeem themselves? That just might work.

Change #1; A rapper, a car thief, and a cosmonaut come together in a tale of Lovecraftian horror and the occult.
    cfGvO.jpg

A6X8V.jpg

I wasn't really digging this comic, but that last page hooked me for the next issue.

I have to say, having read this, I think writer Ales Kot is going to be picked up by Marvel very soon.

And I don't think it's because of the quality of his writing, but rather the character of it. It feels like it, along with his internet persona, have been engineered to make him the next Hickman/Morrison clone. It's a little offbeat, a little personal and mundane, with some big, weird idea stapled onto it, to sell the whole thing.

And the whole thing just feels like artifice, to me. It's all the right words and shapes, backed by some flowery language, but there's no substance behind it.

Munch on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Munch wrote: »
    And I don't think it's because of the quality of his writing, but rather the character of it. It feels like it, along with his internet persona, have been engineered to make him the next Hickman/Morrison clone. It's a little offbeat, a little personal and mundane, with some big, weird idea stapled onto it, to sell the whole thing.

And the whole thing just feels like artifice, to me. It's all the right words and shapes, backed by some flowery language, but there's no substance behind it.

To me, that actually describes Morrison himself perfectly.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.