As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Custom ROM Galaxy S2 has gone haywire

I'm not sure what the hell has happened on my phone but when I woke up this morning, all the services on my phone were constantly crashing.

http://pastebin.com/NsZZCDMX

Link to the log generated.

The issue seems to lie in the the file system becoming read only but after googling around, this seems to be the norm?

If anyone has any information about this, it would be very much appreciated.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Alternatively, flashing from a backup?

• Options
    ChubblyChubbly Registered User regular
    I have tried restarting the phone multiple times. At this point, I'm think it may very well be that the SD card has buggered.

What is the procedure for formatting the card and starting everything again?
    What do I back up, how to format, etc.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    As in the internal card? Hook the phone up to your computer via USB and take off any files you might want. All your contacts should be stored in your google account, your photos will be either on the internal or external SD depending on settings, you can back up your messages using SMS Backup and Restore (Which is available from the Play Store, just make sure if you use it to specify your external SD as the backup point or you'll lose that data when you flash a new rom)

The backup I was talking about would be a backup of another ROM which you know was working before, which you should have made using CWM before flashing the custom ROM. Formatting and installing a new rom is as simple as putting the zipped ROM on your SD card, booting into CWM (Which I'm assuming you have as you have a custom ROM) and following the install instructions from the place where you downloaded the ROM.

Worst case scenario, you can always flash back to stock using Odin but this means losing root (You can easily regain it, it's just annoying and a bit time consuming).

Tav on
  • Options
    ChubblyChubbly Registered User regular
    I've gone ahead and download the SMS app and titanium backup, which seemed to be pretty good. Is there any apps that are a good idea to back up? I don't really care about losing my games or info on my news apps but I would really not like to lose important information from apps that I don't even know about. Any ideas?