As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dishonored - The [Phalla] for Dunwall - Bottle Street Gang Wins!* Also lady emily

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited December 2012 in Critical Failures
dishonored-logo.jpg

The story so far
The country of Gristol is in a period of utmost turmoil. The empress Jessamine Kaldwin has been reaching out to all neighboring countries for assistance in thwarting the rat plague that is threatening the very survival of her citizens. The plague has already wiped out more than half of the population of Dunwall, Gristol's capital city. The situation is so dire that The Empress has sent the Lord Protector Corvo Attano, her only bodyguard, on a mission to meet with the heads of state with any country that would allow him an audience. Sadly, the reply everywhere he went was a resounding "no."

The plague is one of the most miserable deaths a man can experience. It starts with something as simple as the cough, and at this time can be mistaken for many other much less fatal maladies. Things begin to deteriorate quickly, though. After the coughing comes the weight loss as hair begins to fall out in clumps and the skin takes on a sickly yellowish-gray hue. After this is the "weeper" stage, marked by the subconjunctival hemorrhaging which causes blood to come from the eyes. At this point the victim is barely able to be considered human. A weeper is virtually a ticking time bomb, incapable of much more than the most basic of tasks. They are also highly infectious.

Without aid from the outside the people of Gristol were in this on their own, it seemed. Luckily, they did have some important resources on their side. Piero Joplin and Anton Sokolov are two genius citizens who have developed elixirs to help prevent the transmission of the plague to new victims. The elixir is expensive and in short supply though, which means that many of the most susceptible to the plague are unable to get the protection that they need.

If that weren't bad enough, the Empress was assassinated. Based on reports from first responders, Corvo was the only one near The Empress when she was killed. As such he is thought to be the one responsible for her untimely death. His motives are not known, nor are the whereabouts of The Empress' daughter, Lady Emily.

Corvo is thrown in jail for interrogation before his execution. Already several groups are taking the chance to plot and maneuver to grab whatever power they can.

You join the story at this point. Will you fight on the side of good or will you be one of those who are grabbing whatever they can for themselves? Only I know!

Game Overview

This is mini for 30 Players.

What is Phalla? (Stole this from Matev!)
Phalla is the Penny-Arcade Forums' version of the party game Mafia.

The "village" consists of all players in the game. Included in the village are a small number of bad guys, commonly known as the "mafia". Normally, the mafia members all know one another at the beginning of the game, but nobody else knows anything about anyone other than themselves.

Each day (normally a 24-hour period) the village discusses and publically votes for one person to be executed that night. At the same time, the bad guys choose one person to kill each night and PM the name to the narrator.

The good side wins if all of the bad guys die. The bad side wins if the number of good guys is less than or equal to the number of bad guys (on the assumption that at that point, they control the vote plus get their kill, so it's inevitable).

Usually, there will be one or more "special" roles among the good guys (and occasionally among the bad guys). Exactly who holds each role is only known to that person, and it may not even be known which or how many specials will be in any given game.

Each night, the narrator gives the details of who died, and normally whether they were a bad guy. Some games also include clues or outright statements if someone who died was a good special.

Living players may not communicate regarding the game with dead players and vice versa, unless there is some specific mechanic in place to do so. In that case, communication normally goes through the narrator.

You may not use any anonymous method of communication to discuss the game. Forum-based PMs, external IMs, e-mails and other message boards (like proboards) are allowed as long as the person you are talking to knows who you are. You may not use screencaps to "prove" anything to anyone. Do not speak in code.

Along similar lines, don't use the "Add to conversation" feature. Phalla requires a certain amount of uncertainty, and since adding a person to a conversation allows them to see the entire thread, it can serve as a form of verification along the same lines of screen captures. If you wish to communicate something from a PM/conversation to a new player, then start up a new conversation with that individual.

Play nice. It's okay to argue, but don't get too hostile. If it's getting to the point where you're asking other people to quit the game, you're going too far. We're all here to have fun, so take it easy and keep as level a head as possible. Respect others and they'll respect you.

Please remember to include the host in PMs and links to proboards.

The Vote

Vote each Day in Red for the person you think is most likely to be a member of the Loyalist Conspiracy. If you wish to vote for someone else, retract with Green or vote for someone else, only your last vote will be counted!

In addition to voting, players will have other duties outlined in their PMs.

Vote Close and deadline for submission of orders is at 10PMCST (8Pacific,9Mountain,11Eastern)

End of post shout-out to @Rend for being awesome and helping me balance the hell out of this game. Hopefully you guys like it and have as much fun as I did brainstorming this stuff!

Erin The Red on

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    PLAYER LIST:
    1 Premium
    2 Langly
    3 ObiFett
    4 Anialos
    5 JDarksun
    6 MikeyCTS
    7 Megafrost
    8 SirFabulous
    9 SeGa Tai
    10 Malkor
    11 Iron Weasel
    12 REG Rysk
    13 Gandalf the Crazed
    14 Mi-go Hunter
    15 Capfalcon
    16 Mill
    17 CesareB
    18 Shalmelo
    19 Stever777
    20 OminousLozenge
    21 Spool32
    22 Fiaryn
    23 The Ender
    24 l3lasphemer69 - Alegis
    25 Kaplar
    26 Enlightenedbum
    27 Typhus 733
    28 Moleface
    29 Xemus
    30 GrimmyTOA

RESERVES:
    Dumpshock
    Smoove Operator
    The Anonymous

WINNERS
    Langly

NARRATIONS:
    CLARIFICATIONS:

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Just like me, they want to be close to you
    Thralls/Millers/Conversions?
    1)Order of actions?
    2)Are there any vanillagers?
    3)SK?
    4)Do mafia/SK have cover roles?
    5)Can I join the mafia?
    6)Can I join the SK?

1) Logic-based. Did you roleblock someone? They are roleblocked. Did you busdrive someone? They are busdrived. Busdriven. Whatevs
    2-4) CD
    5) Only in an honorary way by playing against your wincon and thus gaining the ire of everyone. Well, except for the mafia I guess.
    6) CD
    Can I vote for the host, cuz I really, really want to?
    :whistle: Do you really want to huuuuurt me
    when you know that I can make you die?
    :whistle:
    premium wrote: »
    Thralls/Millers/Conversions?
    1)Order of actions?
    2)Are there any vanillagers?
    3)SK?
    4)Do mafia/SK have cover roles?
    5)Can I join the mafia?
    6)Can I join the SK?

1) Logic-based. Did you roleblock someone? They are roleblocked. Did you busdrive someone? They are busdrived. Busdriven. Whatevs
    2-4) CD
    5) Only in an honorary way by playing against your wincon and thus gaining the ire of everyone. Well, except for the mafia I guess.
    6) CD

If a bus driver is driving between himself and another player, and I hit him with a roleblock, is the bus driver roleblocked or the other player?
    Try it and see
    How much info can we share from our role PM?

Use your better judgement on this one. Don't quote directly for sure, as usual. Err on the side of caution I guess? You'll know if you've gone too far. When you are dunked in the rat pit.

Erin The Red on
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Signup

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    sign

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I summon rats and sic them on the poster below me

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Rats?! Yummy!

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I haven't played this game, even though it's installed on my computer.

Also, @TheRoadVirus, post the thread in the sticky!

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    For the empress!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Can't play probably, pretty sure I don't have the time, gonna stop signing up for games for a month or so. I'll watch when I can though :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited December 2012
    kime wrote: »
    Can't play probably, pretty sure I don't have the time, gonna stop signing up for games for a month or so. I'll watch when I can though :)

UN-FRAKKING-ACCEPTABLE

ObiFett on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I MADE A KIME ROLE AND EVERYTHING. THAT'S IT. CLOSING UP SHOP.
    KIME HAS DISHONORED HIS FAMILY AND THE VERY INSTITUTION OF PHALLA

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I want whatever role was reserved for Kime.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Yes hello I have never played this game.
    I will be the best at it.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    I want whatever role was reserved for Kime.

This post is a lot funnier now that I see TRV's post above it.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    You sweet bastard TRV-Sign me up

PSN SeGaTai
    Yeah but if I played I'd have to definitely be dead in... four days, and it'd be best if I were dead like... tomorrow.

And let's be honest, it wouldn't be easy to kill me, especially when I have a role designed for me :D

Steam profile
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I will avenge myself

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

The plague is one of the most miserable deaths a man can experience. It starts with something as simple as the cough

Nice work making all the hypochondriacs think they have the plague!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I have to get better sometime!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    @38thDoe

Just for one phalla I want you to roleplay BMO the whole time.
    Pretty sure you would never die because who in their right mind would kill BMO?!

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I've not played this game.

But I have played this one

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

The plague is one of the most miserable deaths a man can experience. It starts with something as simple as the cough

To be fair, it would just sound weird to say "It starts with something as simple as complete necrosis of the skin."

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Could this Phalla get any worse?

Chances are very good.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    MrT told me that Mi-Go is the mafia guard.

All that's left is for you to edit that post and claim it was accidental

then everyone will believe you

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    MrT told me that Mi-Go is the mafia guard.

I'll probably kill all my fellow mafia off this time around. Just to be safe.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    A true hero doesn't shed a drop of innocent blo-

Wait, you're saying I can summon hordes of rats to eat people?

Awesome!

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Once again a phalla where I'm not familiar with the source material. Will that stop me from signing up, hells no!

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I thought I needed a little break after the Star Wars debacle but I was wrong.

edited December 2012
    Breaks are for weaklings
    -meaningful look at @kime -

Erin The Red on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    **cough** What? No, I feel great. Fit as a fiddle! **cough cough**

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Breaks are for weaklings
    -meaningful look at kime -

I'll be out of the country and without Internet access. I'm simply dodging the dread Inactivus, not taking a weak break :P

Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

To be fair, it would just sound weird to say "It starts with something as simple as complete necrosis of the skin."
    It starts with death. If you are lucky, that is your only symptom.
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Just for one phalla I want you to roleplay BMO the whole time.[/spoiler]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfsU6GuMz08
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Pretty sure you would never die because who in their right mind would kill BMO?!
    I don't know, you guys kill off Lady Lucedes-acorn pretty easily. Besides someone would vig me to stop me from posting the video of the friendship song from the movie episode. :D

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    sign

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Great timing. Let's do this!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I have very little time, but I want to play in a TRV game, so Sigh Nup!

Go easy on me, OK? It's only my 9th phalla.

spool32 on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    !FUCK THE PROLETARIAT, BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have very little time, but I want to play in a TRV game, so Sigh Nup!

Go easy on me, OK? It's only my 9th phalla.
    People laughed at me when I begged for mercy in my first phalla.

You gon' get stabbed, man.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    70% full in less than an hour? WTF

70% full in less than an hour? WTF

It's probably because of how well this coincides with the phalla awards =)