As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] - The Origin of Avian Supremacy - Island Adventure!

1101112131416»

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    L 15, 2, second city: 1, $

Let us further our strength, both by wing and spell. Let the wood slaves return to their ways of study, so that we may grow ever stronger. And let us strike north, to new lands and new challenges. We have food aplenty, let us find others to test our metal against.

• Options
    MoebiusMoebius Registered User regular
    L16, 2, 2, #

Duuudes... Whips, but with magic. Like magic whips.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I want you all to know you haven't been forgotten! This weekend was a... difficult one, to say the least. And work's got a bunch of deadlines coming up. Will try and get everything together for an update sometime today.
    Sorry again for all the delays

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Does these mean that we've all been cock blocked by your job?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Job and demanding offspring, yes

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    TRV, what's more important here, really? Your cocks or your kids?

I think the choice is clear.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    But kime, that's how he ended up with kids in the first place!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    EIGHTEEN

Results
    TIE! Coin says: Move to s20
    Housing ready next turn! (Right before breeding in Bonewood)
    Military research
    Bonewood Breed
    TIE! Coin says: Treeple do politics

Stats:
    Military Ability: 6 (+1)
    Magical Ability: 6
    Political Ability: 3
    Scientific Ability: 2

Resources:
    Food/Water: 3
    Wood: 4
    Minerals: 2
    Population: 85 (+7.5% every odd turn)(Changes to +10% on turn 19!)

IMG_20121211_074547_431.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    NEW Settlement @ N18 (Magnet)
    Ex-Treeple Settlement @ N23
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    Your scouts search around with daybreak as usual and report back that they are close to a few resource points, but were not able to get any today. Once again the cocks gathered in the center of town for more military training.

In the midst of their exercises one cock looked up with an idea. "Why should we only rely on our feet and beaks for attacking? We should be able to make some sort of... of close contact weapon to use with our arms, shouldn't we?" Red Talon and Dark Shrike looked at each other and then back at the cock that made the suggestion. "Go on, cock. Stand up straight and let the words come freely." "Y-yes sir!" he says, stiffening his back. "What I was saying was that we rely on our beaks and feet for attacks. These things are powerful, but using a beak can disorient us, and using our feet puts us off balance. If we had some sort of... claws or something? We could slash our foes down with our arms, allowing us to stay on balance." "This is a good idea. Thank you for the suggestion, cock." He looks around. "This cock has shown initiative. We depend on the adaptability and inventiveness of the whole of our flock to move forward in grow. Does anyone else have suggestions?" A scrawny, timid bird stands slightly above the rest. "I do, sir." The leaders turn their eyes to him and nod for him to continue. "Well, you see, some of us may be stronger than the others. Being up close and personal would work great for them, but some of us cocks are thin, and more fragile. I propose that we attack from afar. If we could design some sort of sling to hurl stones and debris with, I think we could learn to do a fair bit of damage with them in time."

The people of bonewood send a message to the council of Cockstantinople. In the message they share the knowledge gained from the treeple. They also pass on the instructions on how to make the whips, if the council so chooses to spend their resources in such a way.

They tell the council that they are working on getting the treeple to help them improve their politics in the hopes that maybe the next civilization they meet can be of some benefit to them all.

The letter ends with a hastily scrawled "Gotta go, time to fu-" and then trails off as if the author ran out of the room

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Mass harvest larvae! (-2 wood)
    8) Make ice bridge! (from where to where)
    9) Leave the decision to the council stand-ins
    10) Breed! (+10% population turn after next)
    11) Make claws for all! (-1 wood -1 stone)
    12) Make slings for everyone! (-1 food -1 stone)
    13) Make whips for everyone! (-2 wood)
    14) Other! - Specify what

Bonewood
    Bonewood will breed in one day.

Treeple Command
    Treeple will focus on politics. Will be done in 2 more days.

SO, YOUR VOTE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING IF YOU WANNA BE SUPER INVOLVED IN YOUR CIVILIZATION

Exploration location
    Action Number (1-12)

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    T20 / 13

Whips should increase population. :winky:
    This may have been considered/may happen

• Options
    jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    T20 / 13

Seems good to me. It's about time we actually put all of our military advancements to use.

• Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    T20 / 12, our soldiers already got good close quarters skills. Let's focus on versatility.

• Options
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    T20 / 13

• Options
    jdark, you're going to "winky" with every post now because of these whips, aren't you? :P

But sure, I'm OK with actually investing a bit in our advances. 13

Steam profile
  • Options
    Only when I'm referencing something wink-worthy. If you don't get the reach and flexibility quote, go play Mass Effect 2.

• Options
    T20, 13

First we get the whips. Could full body leather "armor" be far behind?

• Options
    MoebiusMoebius Registered User regular
    T20, 13. But only if we can later magically infuse the whips

• Options
    If it is desired it is doable

• Options
    Moebius wrote: »
    T20, 13. But only if we can later magically infuse the whips with the souls of our enemies.

• Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    Why did I only see this now?

T20, 13 Better make use of what the Treepeople have learned, and that island should be properly explored.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Actually LE, there are two islands. The giant skull island, which actually is covered with skulls of some ancient race and is overrun by some evil plant/monster murder force. We ran. And the smaller, penis like island that we will likely cover in cocks.

EDIT: Since we can fly, do we need a bridge to explore the smaller island?

zekebeau on
  • Options
    zekebeau wrote: »
    Actually LE, there are two islands. The giant skull island, which actually is covered with skulls of some ancient race and is overrun by some evil plant/monster murder force. We ran. And the smaller, penis like island that we will likely cover in cocks.

EDIT: Since we can fly, do we need a bridge to explore the smaller island?

If it's within your two square range, no

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Can we use the whips to make the treeple work harder?
    Fire whips.

• Options
    T20, 13

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Updates will be coming today...sometime! Trying to get lots of work done before our work early christmas lunch

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I heartily approve of the decisions that have been made in this thread.
    You are learning to function without my guidance.
    Soon you may be able to take a few tottering steps without me.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    NINETEEN

Results
    Move to t20
    Whip time! :winky:
    Gettin' your bone on in bonewood

Stats:
    Military Ability: 6
    Magical Ability: 6
    Political Ability: 3
    Scientific Ability: 2

Resources:
    Food/Water: 3
    Wood: 2 (-2)
    Minerals: 2
    Population: 108 (+10% every odd turn) (+9 from passive)(+14 from breeding)

IMG_20121217_070628_134.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    NEW Settlement @ N18 (Magnet)
    Ex-Treeple Settlement @ N23
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    Once again the treeple are forced to stare awkwardly at each other as all the citizens of bonewood engage in the mighty art of birdfuck. The cocks in the town feel truly safe tucked away in their stone houses perched atop their living, moving city. The unfortunate treeple below are forced to bear the indignity of having such activities happen in their branches, not to mention the various... fluids that end up getting spilled onto them.

Hoping that this nearby island is less terrifying than the last, you send your scouts over to it to investigate. It is a densely wooded island. This much you are certainly able to tell from above. The canopy is lush and thick and you are unable to see into it very well. Your scout thrust lands on the shore of the island closest to your previously explored terrain. It is always best to have a path of escape if you need it. You hear a low and rattling roar coming from somewhere in the middle of the forest, followed by the sound of a large creature jumping from tree to tree. The is a scraping sound as well.

Back in Cockstantinople the council has decided that the best use of resources would be to work on mass producing the vine whips made by the treeple. With the harvest method it only takes a few resources to get enough to arm most all of the soldiers and mages. The technique is still a bit rusty of course. You feel that with a bit more magical or military training you can put more of a cocklike spin on its use as opposed to just using the techniques shown by the treeple. Of course, there is always room for these whips in the bedroom. Special occasions only!
    2% more pop increase when doing a breed action!

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Mass harvest larvae! (-2 wood)
    8) Make ice bridge! (from where to where)
    9) Leave the decision to the council stand-ins
    10) Breed! (+17% population turn after next)
    11) Make claws for all! (-1 wood -1 stone)
    12) Make slings for everyone! (-1 food -1 stone)
    13) Other! - Specify what

Bonewood
    Pick an extra action or an extra move location!

Treeple Command
    Treeple will focus on politics. Will be done in 1 more days.

SO, YOUR VOTE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING IF YOU WANNA BE SUPER INVOLVED IN YOUR CIVILIZATION

Exploration location
    Action Number (1-12)
    BONEWOOD DECISION (Pick an extra location or pick an extra action)

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    First off: Hurray, you're back!

U20

Sounds like there's something on this island for us to kill. Let's prepare for it.

• Options
    Yeah I really apologize for the delay, folks.
    I spread myself kind of thin these past few weeks.
    Working on getting back on track!
    Co-hosting the phalla awards and running my own mini in addition to this leads to lots of places to keep an eye on.
    Sorry for letting this fall behind!

• Options
    It's OK, we just know your priorities are clearly wrong.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    U20, 5, 6

• Options
    U20, 1, 12

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    It's been too long since we've upgraded magic.

U20, 2, 5

• Options
    Hide meeeeee

• Options

U20

Mages, work your enchantments so that our weapons may become stronger. Ploceidaes, weave our warriors great and fearsome armor to protect them from the threats upon this island. Let nothing stand in the way of the cocks, we shall stand strong.

/red talon

Oh, this is a ploceidae:

220px-Ploceidae.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2012
    TGNRI.png
    We will return to your regularly scheduled program after the forum merge, or after christmas day, whichever comes first.
    -cue elevator music-

Until then, enjoy these cocks, drawn by @Calciumtrice!
    He is awesome people

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    TGNRI.png
    We will return to your regularly scheduled program after the forum merge, or after christmas day, whichever comes first.
    -cue elevator music-

I based these two mostly on Stormcrow and Red Talon, by the way.