As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Sandman 2012 - Make others' dreams come true - Send the gifts by Dec 31st!

13»

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i think I'm more jealous of the design books. I've wanted fingerprint for years

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Ok, pictures of the books. Finally got around to uploading them.
    sandman1.png
    sandman2.png
    sandman3.png

Pretty cool books. I've read through Saga now and loved it. Looking forward to reading more of the series but the schedule for it looks like it comes out every other month.

Manhattan Projects has been great too. I picked up the first issue a while back but never followed up with the rest of the series. Looks like it's going to be going in some interesting directions.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Just got a Secret Sandman e-mail!

I'm a bit too tired to go through the details right now, but when I have a bit more time I'll do so. However, at a glance it does seem like there's a fine selection of stuff from off the beaten path, most of which I never would've thought of buying for myself. I look forward to exploring the riches of that haul later on.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    cool! the gift was sent faster than expected.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    i think I'm more jealous of the design books. I've wanted fingerprint for years

I'll keep note of that if we ever cross Secret Santa crosshairs. I minored in graphic design/art and really always was intrigued so I just kept asking for books the past few Christmases when people didn't know what to get me. My family loves that I keep my Amazon wish list up to date.

@Delduwath - so far Doomwar has been stellar. Going to try to read the smaller books first but I'm still very grateful for the books. My girlfriend was a little jealous and figured she would up her gift ante this year because of you.

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Hey Santa!

I have started picking up the Uncanny X-Force books just thought you should know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    @Delduwath - so far Doomwar has been stellar. Going to try to read the smaller books first but I'm still very grateful for the books. My girlfriend was a little jealous and figured she would up her gift ante this year because of you.

Meaning that she's going to give more gifts? In that case, I claim 50% of the credit on any gift she gives on top of what she was already going to get you.

If you meant that she WANTS more gifts, I have nothing to do with that and stop looking at me accusingly.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Well she got me a PS+ and a 16gb Vita memory card oh and Halo4, but I got her an Xbox 360, kinect and like every dance game. She just likes to up the ante, you certainly are winning the gift war haha.

Can Whoever ran secret this year or last or years past can you pm me :D

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Got my gift today!

Grim123 got me:
    -The Amazon by Steven Seagle and Tim Sale (didn't even know this existed!)
    -The Book of Grickle
    -Archenemies vol. 1
    -Pigeons From Hell
    -The Outlaw Prince
    -Terminator 2029-1984
    -Hellboy Animated vol. 1 & 2

Thank you very much Grim, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Since Robos hasn't mentioned it yet (probably because he's only gotten a chance to read a couple), but I got him all of the Monkeybrain catalog except for Red Light Properties (I haven't read it, and it left room in case I wanted to get him something else).

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Got my gift today!

Grim123 got me:
    -The Amazon by Steven Seagle and Tim Sale (didn't even know this existed!)
    -The Book of Grickle
    -Archenemies vol. 1
    -Pigeons From Hell
    -The Outlaw Prince
    -Terminator 2029-1984
    -Hellboy Animated vol. 1 & 2

Thank you very much Grim, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Cool glad you liked them check out grickle its a fun read.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finally, got paid on Friday so I've just put together an order. Hopefully, my Sandman likes them.

• Options
    Looks like everything will get there before Xmas but one item is shipping separately for some reason.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I sent my gift out today, it should hopefully arrive by the end of the week depending on how lazy the post office is right now, if they've reached "screw it" mode yet for the holidays.

• Options
    So I am sitting here in my office when I get an Amazon shipment, I just placed an order yesterday and its not unheard of so I opened it up and wow!

First let me say that I was having a bad week until this showed up.

Volume 1 of Morning Glories
    Casanova Luxuria

and

The Immortal Iron Fist, which I was going to buy for myself today but I guess I don't have to!

Thanks! I only have your real name so please come forward!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay so I reverse stalked my santee and @Grifter was it you? I can't wait to jump into them this weekend!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You have one more coming. Unfortunately, that one has the card on it that would've told you who it's from.

• Options
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    So I am sitting here in my office when I get an Amazon shipment, I just placed an order yesterday and its not unheard of so I opened it up and wow!

First let me say that I was having a bad week until this showed up.

Volume 1 of Morning Glories
    Casanova Luxuria

and

The Immortal Iron Fist, which I was going to buy for myself today but I guess I don't have to!

Thanks! I only have your real name so please come forward!

@R0land1188 The last book has shipped and you should be receiving it soon. Delivery estimate is Monday.

• Options
    Thanks a bunch Grifter!

I started reading Morning Glories last night and it is pretty cool.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lo! I returned home to HQ today after a prolonged battle with Kalkulon, the Intergalaktik Kalkulator, to find an unassuming box nestled by the door. What could it be?! Was it a bomb, left there by the Bombtenders of Barnacle Bay? A parcel of malevolent sentient toy soldiers, courtesy of Mint Condition? Perhaps a clue to Perplexor's next crime spree?

No! It was none of these things! In fact, it was a gift package from one Texiford Hieronymus Kensington, better known to us as TexiKen! Inside the modest box was a very nice note from TexiKen, and a completely ridiculous bounty. Seriously, just look at this shit:
    DSC03724_zpsf750d3ad.jpg

Let's take a closer look!
    DSC03725_zps05fa2f56.jpg

Jim Henson's Tale of Sand, which I've seen in stores a bunch of times, and was pretty curious about.
    DSC03731_zps3ad0738f.jpg

High Roads, which I've never heard of, but looks really cool. Also, I really like Yu's art, so.
    DSC03730_zpsb8efc351.jpg

Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E., which just looks fun. I don't know much about it, but just going off the cover alone, I think I'm going to have fun reading it.
    DSC03729_zps7204d04b.jpg

Ka-Zar, which I also don't really know much about. It looks good, though, and I haven't known Mark Waid to steer me wrong before.
    DSC03728_zps0dc9395d.jpg

New Invaders! Which I've been looking for for a long time! I'm pretty excited about this one - I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about it, and all the scans I've seen of it look great.
    DSC03727_zps9eeb48c3.jpg

The first two trades of Y: The Last Man, which I of course have been hearing about since forever, and have been meaning to read for as long. Somehow, I just never got around to it. From what I've heard of it, I don't think there's any way I could possible dislike it.
    DSC03726_zpscbf2ba31.jpg

Conan: The Frost-Giant's Daughter, in response to my call for Conan-comics! Awesome, of course.

Man, I am super-excited about all these great books! Thanks, TexiKen, you basically hit it out of the park: there's some stuff that I've wanted to read but either didn't know where to start or haven't been able to find, there's some stuff that I've been meaning to read but never got around to, and there's some stuff that I never would have thought to pick up myself, but that looks like it's directly up my alley. Thanks, dude! This is an awesome present! :^: :^: :^:

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Was that the last gift? Ok......

This whole thing was great! I got trades that I'm super excited to get into (Kingdom Come, Criminal by Brubaker, and Atomic Robo)!! Thank you Robos a Go Go. :mrgreen:

I would also like to thank Secret Sandman (who ever you are :P ) for setting this up.

From all the posts I can safely say this was a success. Maybe we should do something for hanukkah? (j.k.)

• Options
    I just wanted to say thanks @grifter I got the other item in today!

Also this was my first secret santa thing ever and it was a lot of fun, I got a bunch of stuff I had no idea about (I have read Casanova 3 times now and it's still crazy!)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Armoroc wrote: »

This whole thing was great! I got trades that I'm super excited to get into (Kingdom Come, Criminal by Brubaker, and Atomic Robo)!! Thank you Robos a Go Go. :mrgreen:

I would also like to thank Secret Sandman (who ever you are :P ) for setting this up.

From all the posts I can safely say this was a success. Maybe we should do something for hanukkah? (j.k.)

Nope I'm still waiting

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say thanks @grifter I got the other item in today!

Also this was my first secret santa thing ever and it was a lot of fun, I got a bunch of stuff I had no idea about (I have read Casanova 3 times now and it's still crazy!)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Glad that you're enjoying those books. A couple of them are ones that I've been wanting to read for a while. Since you didn't seem to have much in your collection I figured everything was a safe bet to send to you. The Invisibles is supposed to be some awesome crazy Morrison shit.

• Options
    Secret SandmanSecret Sandman Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »
    Armoroc wrote: »

Nope I'm still waiting

I just sent a message to grim123's Secret Sandman to see what's up, but I notice that he hasn't posted on the forums at all for about a month. In fact, even though HIS Secret Sandman sent out a gift, grim123's Secret Sandman never posted to say that he got it. So, I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm going to keep an eye on this situation, and if no new info appears in the next week or so, I'll initiate Emergency Festivitation Giftering Mode.

Sandmansig.gif
  • Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Just checked Amazon.com and the order I placed has been delayed until February for some reason. I apologize for the delay and will be getting a different order placed later this afternoon/early tomorrow when I get back home.

• Options
    Delivery Estimate: Wednesday January 9, 2013 - Saturday January 12, 2013 by 8:00pm

Be on that lookout.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    :^:

Sandman: Did things get resolved, or are we going to have to kill a silly goose?

• Options
    For now, things are on-track with grim123's present. However, in the process of my hard-hitting investigation, I found out that RedDelicious hasn't received a present, either. I sent out an inquiry about that, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Like the Eye of Sauron, I remain ever-vigilant. Unless two small dudes overcome challenge after challenge and move inexorably closer to the borders of my realm; I don't even look at those guys, they're never a problem.

Sandmansig.gif
  • Options
    Amazon split the order in to two parts. You'll be getting the first part ~Monday and the second part later on in the week.

• Options
    Amazon split the order in to two parts. You'll be getting the first part ~Monday and the second part later on in the week.

cool.
    For now, things are on-track with grim123's present. However, in the process of my hard-hitting investigation, I found out that RedDelicious hasn't received a present, either. I sent out an inquiry about that, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Like the Eye of Sauron, I remain ever-vigilant. Unless two small dudes overcome challenge after challenge and move inexorably closer to the borders of my realm; I don't even look at those guys, they're never a problem.

odd I know his santa posted that it going to be sent out.
    lol I spent 5 minutes connecting all the sandmen to their sandys?

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    odd I know his santa posted that it going to be sent out.

I know! I found that odd too. I sent this mystery-man a message, but still no response. Also, it seems he hasn't posted anything on the forums since mid-December, so I don't know what's up. A few more days, I guess, and then I'll Have To Do Something About It(tm).

By which I mean, send emergency gifts.
    lol I spent 5 minutes connecting all the sandmen to their sandys?

Following in the footsteps of Batman and Detective Chimp, clearly.

Sandmansig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    got the first part I guess sooo cool I've wanted to get this for the longest time
    got a little help from Santa Kermit
    20130105_154903.jpg

20130105_155041.jpg
    omg community season one!!
    Kermit goes wild
    thanks thanks red delicious your a good apple

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options